[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amsterdam university college, or stay in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1483146434029.jpg (16KB, 634x450px) Image search: [Google]
1483146434029.jpg
16KB, 634x450px
I am still unsure of whether or not AUC is right for me. My original plan was to study nursing and get a job here in south florida in order to be able to fund medical school and the prerequisites necessary for a Neuroscience careerpath specialized in psychiatrics and cognition. Nursing in south florida with a BSN (bachelors in nursing) can fetch me from 40-45k a year, but ive always considered it as a deviation from my true aspirations. I am very much interested in Neurology in general as a foundation for my career choice and would like to know if there are perhaps other more suiting universities that are able to accomodate my interests, or if you believe AUC would do well in preparing me for a masters in the field. I am unsure of whether or not I will be returning to the Unites States to find a job or enroll in medical school there and would appreciate some guidance regarding the compatibility between the program being offered in AUC and the preferences in the US. I graduated with my associates with a 2.75 GPA, which is overlooked by AUC depending on the intellectual capability expressed in the self asessment submitted along with the application (which i more than likely am able to articlulate).
>>
>>17915856
>>17915856
BOMP
>>
>>17915921
bemp
>>
>>17915856
bomp 4 u
>>
File: feminism4.jpg (29KB, 480x258px) Image search: [Google]
feminism4.jpg
29KB, 480x258px
Well, S. FL sucks, salary-wise. BSN's make 70-100k/yr up north and out West in urban areas.
Foreign colleges, aside from the language barriers, are an option, however, for medical, you need to be sure that your state's med board will recognize that school in order for you to sit for your boards.

For neuro, it depends on what you want to do. I studied general bio as an undergrad, although I published a half dozen dozen papers on chemical physiology and sensory biology before I went to grad school. One of my friends coauthored 3 of those papers, on chemoreceptor cell response reliability with me, and he got into med school on the strength of our joint publications.
There's a question in my mind as to what you want to do with your degree. A Ph.D may suit you better if you want to research, although therapeutic sciences, you might be better off with an MD or MD/Ph.D.
>>
>>17916190
>>17916190
I'd like to do both in the long run. I have the motivation to go through enough schooling to get a Ph.D and therapeutic sciences have always intrigued me. From what i've gathered there are quite a few organizations currently experimenting on Psylocybe and LSD in treating PTSD. If i were to go to a foreign college it would have to be an english taught program.

Thank you very much for the information anon, i will definitely find out what my current state's medboard has to say about my suggestions as far as studying abroad goes.

I don't particularly expect to stay in FL post-education, its so much of an intellectual handicap it feels as if my neocortex dries up like a raisin the longer i stay here.
>>
>>17916301
>>17916301
There are factors in regards to how humans tend to make decisions that are inherently ego-centralized and surely there must be an observable chemically expressed difference occuring in the prefrontal cortex between these types of people and those who make decisions based on inherent altruistic tendencies.

Do you think this is worth looking at?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.