[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does hearing about a partner's short-term fling piss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: BIgWwdbCIAAit_w.jpg (45KB, 598x442px) Image search: [Google]
BIgWwdbCIAAit_w.jpg
45KB, 598x442px
why does hearing about a partner's short-term fling piss me off so much more than hearing about a long-term relationship they had
>>
Because it diminishes their value in terms of marriage potential.
>>
Because you're insecure and probably haven't had any similar flings/hook ups to maintain your fragile confidence.

Get over it, m8. She's with you now, that's all that matters. You're insecure at the fact that when you were single and probably dry, she was banging.
>>
>>17915464
>why does hearing about a partner's short-term fling piss me off so much more than hearing about a long-term relationship they had

maybe you're insecure and think that a short term fling is gonna happen to you.
>>
>>17915471
This is sort of on the right track but I'm not neckbeardy enough to phrase it like that.

>>17915473
I've had them myself, so it's extra confusing that it pisses me off. And I had another girlfriend during that time period my current one had her fling. we hadn't even met at that point.

>>17915474
You know I think it's like, the opposite of this. I'm starting to think it bugs me because I don't like the idea that someone got to enjoy her for a while despite no serious feelings on either side. I guess it comes down to long-term relationships being respectable to my gut instinct whereas a month-long fling isn't. Makes me a hypocrite though, so I'm going to try to get over it.
>>
>you're insecure because you don't like whores
wew lad
>>
>>17915487
>I'm starting to think it bugs me because I don't like the idea that someone got to enjoy her for a while despite no serious feelings on either side.

i get this but people, especially women are bound to have a few flings. people dont always feel a connection with the person they are dating so they end it before it becomes serious.
>>
>>17915549
>people dont always feel a connection with the person they are dating
That's just so ludicrous to me even though I've had flings like that myself. I don't know what I was thinking.
>>
>>17915473
>The only reason someone can not like something is because they are insecure

Prime example of autistic 4chan logic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.