[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met a very cute boy on tinder, and I really like him… but…

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I met a very cute boy on tinder, and I really like him… but… he brings up his ex all the time. They dated for four years, I think they were engaged, and they only broke it off 3 months or so ago..

He says he’s over her, and wants to keep seeing me. Says he’s made me feel things he thought he’d never feel again.

I really like him, but... is it time to turn away?
>>
No, absolutely not.

If you are special enough to him to overwhelm the feelings he had for someone he once thought was his soulmate, you have a deep bond indeed.

Let me put it this way. Things went sour between me and my fiancee. I have looked forever for someone who could make me forget her, someone who could make me feel more for them than I did for her, and I haven't found them, and it's starting to drive me a little crazy.

Just bring things up with him that talking about her makes you uncomfortable. Let him know that you want to be that new special person in his life. Let him know you want to help him forget her.
>>
>they dated for 4 years
>they broke up 3 months ago
>he brings her up all the time

Op I mean this kindly but how on earth do you not realize that this is a rebound?
>>
Definitely a rebound. My ex gf of four years dumped me in May and I'm still not over her completely.

I've had two short term gf's, one fwb, countless dates, and 12 hookups since we broke up. Each one was a rebound more or less.
>>
>>17914065
So you think there's a chance I can work things out with him?
>>
>>17914054
You're going to break your heart if you peruse this guy. Tread carefully.
>>
>>17914078
Absolutely disgusting and void of self-worth desu.
>>
Even if people don't realise it at that point after breaking up from a serious relationship they are rebounding really hard. If they like you and you like them go out as friends and stay in contact until well after they've had time to get over their ex. Also let them know that him constantly bringing up his ex is concerning and is not appropriate when getting into a new relationship. Sounds like he just really needs some more time and support, but for your own sake don't put yourself into an emotionally bad situation by becoming his rebound. His feelings will likely change dirastically no matter who he's with in the upcoming weeks and months and right now he's liking reaching out for a relationship because being alone is scary and sad. Not saying he doesn't like you or isn't attracted to you, but his emotions may be volitile at this time to hold onto another serious relationship.
>>
>>17914124
Well yeah, I mean there's always a chance, but I don't know if it's worth taking. He's obviously not over her and his interactions with other women will be crippled by the memory of his ex for some time.
He's not ready for a relationship and will most likely fuck it up. I mean, he's already fucking it up by constantly talking about his ex, no one should put up with that from their partner. This doesn't mean he's undateable for eternity, if you really like him then by all means, give it a shot. You can try to take it slowly and see where it goes. Don't try to get too close to him too fast and give him space, but, if a couple of months from now he still won't shut up about his ex and won't be over her you may have a pretty big problem. At that point you should really leave.
>>
>>17914124

Yes, of course there is. Just take things slowly. Let him know you're uncomfortable that you might just be a rebound for him and that you want to be more than just that. He obviously still has his ex on his mind a lot, but that's pretty normal for someone who was in a relationship with someone else for four years.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.