[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any medfags? I broke my toenail off. Is this infected?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Snapchat-2091069228.jpg (356KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2091069228.jpg
356KB, 1080x1920px
Any medfags? I broke my toenail off. Is this infected?
>>
>>17913380
Nah it's fine
>>
>>17913391
I cant tell if youre serious or not
I put peroxide and neosporin on it the day after it broke off and it didnt hurt at all
I wrapped it in bandage for 2 days and i just unwrapped it and thats what it looked like
What do
>>
>>17913380
Certified doctor >>17913391
Can confirm is fine
>>
>>17913380

yuck

you need to wash that with soap put some antibiotic ointment on it and give it lots of air time

it looks like you've been wearing shoes for the past 10 hours and it's been festering

infection = red

if that toenail is green that looks like trouble too
>>
>>17913417
Thank you for a serious reply
I put a sock over the wrap and it was on for two days
Ill keep it off for a while and wash it rn thank you
>>
>>17913380

Your toe is infected.

Go to the ER / Urgent Care to get it checked out and flushed.

It's better to not be an idiot and lose a foot to gangrene than wait.
>>
>>17913427
Dumbass you want to air that shit out. Anyway thought just wash it with water twice a day and as long as it is not itchy or anything it should be good. Just dont keep it in a closed area and keep it clean.
>>
>>17913451
Will peroxide save it?
>>
>>17913417

DO NOT DO THIS:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT put any ointments on a wound that looks like it is infected.

Even if it is "Antibiotic."

Go to the doctor.
>>
>>17913457
Alright thanks
>>17913461
Why
>>
>>17913458

No peroxide will not save it.

Dude, just go get help.

Stop bandaging it up / putting ointments / washing it. You will fuck it up even worse. Keep it as dry as possible and apply gauze only to wick moisture.
>>
>>17913470
I don't have money
Should i just let it air dry?
>>
>>17913451
>>17913461
>>17913470

Any type of moisturizing ointments on near-infected to infected wounds (including washing) accelerates the infection.

>>Two things can happen.

You can get gangrene. Or you can get sepsis. Gangrene if left untreated will straight up make your lose your fucking foot. And sepsis. Oh boy.

Trust me it seems like "oh its just a nail a quick cream can fix this." No.

Go to the doctor, I can't stress this enough.
>>
>>17913477
Go to fucking med express or some shit, it's not going to be expensive at all compared to getting a toe amputation or sepsis.

If you absolutely will not go anywhere, clean it the fuck out as much as you can. It will hurt like hell, suck it up. Get that shit down to just your blood/flesh. Once you do that, soak it in 95% isopropyl alcohol. You'll probably want to puke from the pain, but the alcohol will kill everything (includes your cells). Then let it air dry, and stay open until it heals. If you have to cover it, use a very loose dressing, airing out and changing on a fresh dressing every 4 hours.

Don't gamble with that shit, go to a doctor.
>>
>>17913482
Thank you, i will see if i can borrow money to go to the doctors
>>
>>17913477

Is it possible for you to go to a free clinic / urgent care clinic?

If not, first thing you want to do is call and ask for potential antibiotic oral / creams for toe infections.

I do not want to suggest something wrong, as I am not a medical professional.
>>
>>17913500
What country are you in?
>>
>>17913498
How do i wash it out
>>17913505
E r is expensive
>>17913506
Burgerland
>>
>>17913509
Open up google maps, type in "urgent care"
There will be places named shit like "medexpress" and "medi-help". Go to one of them.
The average cost per visit to a place like that is only $150. If you have to go to the ER, you can work with the hospital on the cost, they're very understanding to people with little money / no insurance.

By washing it, I mean run water over it and wash out all that pus and shit.
>>
>>17913527
Ill wash it tonight and if in the morning it is nasty looking still ill go to the hospital
I just really cant afford it as im unemployed
>>
>>17913538
Go to Med-Express dude. It costs like 10% what the hospital does.
>>
>>17913560
I have literally never heard of med express
>>
>>17913568
You're asking if a weeping pus-filled toe is infected. There's obviously a lot of medical stuff you've never heard of.

If you want to roll the dice on gangrene (lose your toe/foot) or sepsis (death), be my guest. Just remember that those will cost a lot more than treating an infection.

Literally one of the main causes of death before modern medicine was infected wounds.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-01-20-30-46.png (383KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-01-20-30-46.png
383KB, 1440x2560px
>>17913607
>>
>>17913624
I told you to go on google maps and type in "urgent care".

Med Express doesn't exist in California, but tons of other ones do.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.