[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you have lost the love of your life. My question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 4208292-the-true-love-normal.jpg (505KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4208292-the-true-love-normal.jpg
505KB, 1024x768px
How many of you have lost the love of your life. My question is, is there really life after love? I lost my girlfriend of 7 years and she told me shes ''moved on''. How do you guys move forward after losing the only thing that mattered to you?
>>
File: IMG_20161231_204632.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_204632.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>17912995
Hey, OP. Hope the start of your new year is happy and pleasant.

Losing people is hard. Breaking up is hard. Drifting a part is hard. Dating is hard. Recovering from a breakup is hard. Life is hard. Cocks can be hard.

Alright, sorry. ADHD.

After a breakup, I suggest to workout. I can't toot my own horn here because I just walked away from a 2 yr situationship that wasn't going anywhere and never benefitted me emotionally.

Lift heavy weights. Download apps. Hook up like a fucking alpha male. Who gives a shit anymore. Western women are shit anyway.
>>
>>17913006
i think working out is dumb in both genders. u should love someone for their personality and if u feel any sparks when you talk to them. if you lovethem for muscles or other dumb shit youre just wasting youre own time bec that wont last..
>>
File: 1480882944071.png (320KB, 469x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480882944071.png
320KB, 469x540px
>>17913022
Be depressed asf then, weak piggu. Idgaf.
>>
>>17913022
I think he meant work out to form a new hobby and get your mind off the person and working out raises self esteem/self worth/happiness etc
>>
>>17913022
Are you retarded? Working out is beneficial from a health standpoint, to not do it because you think people should like you for how you are is the same as the fat feminists claiming they're attractive despite being morbidly obese
>>
Hey OP,
Met the love of my life, broke up about 8 years ago.

It gets easier, but it's still shit when everyone you date gets compared to her and they all fail.

She's married now last I heard. I don't know the answer desu.

Life sux
>>
>>17913044
how often do you think of her?
why did you break up?
How often do you guys still talk?
>>
>>17912995
I've been in 2 relationships I thought were with the love of my life, both ended about 2 years in.

I figure, I fell in love before. I can fall in love again. My first was at 13, second at 19. I'm 24 now so it'll probably happen again soon.

Basically, I know that the vast majority of people are complete shit. Somehow I was able to find women I liked, and I've gotten close to women who are the kinds of people I would want to date. Like, my step-sister has basically all I would normally look for in a woman. If we weren't family, we'd probably be starting one. The fact that she exists and that there's love and acceptance between the two of us gives me genuine hope.

Maybe I'm just delusional though, idk.
>>
>>17912995

How can this be love if she just "moved on"? People in love don't just wake up some day not in love.
>>
>>17912995
>the love of your life
Doesn't exist.
That is to say, some lucky people fall in love with just one person and manage to stay with them 'til death parts them. But that's not predetermined. There isn't just one person out there who is a perfect match for you. That's a bizarre fantasy. You can fall in love with an unlimited number of people over the course of your life, you can love them in different ways and for different reasons and they can all be fulfilling and exciting and fun.
It fucking sucks to lose someone. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. But it isn't as though everything that comes after is going to be second-best. You can fall in love again.
>>
>>17913292
yeah they do. People change all the time, and may want different things from a romantic partner now than they did 3 years ago. The idea that love always lasts forever is bullshit. Love can be temporary.
>>
>>17913323
how do you guys have optimism in new relationships to last then?
>>
>>17913323
I don't. But I don't think a relationship needs to last forever for it to have been worthwhile. I've had short-term relationships that were life-changing and I wouldn't trade them for anything. It hurts a lot when relationships end, but they improve you as a person.
>>
File: 1482110506187.jpg (162KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1482110506187.jpg
162KB, 1080x1349px
I got a question about my Ex
she told me she moved on but likes talking to me. I am still madly in love with her tho....Is it worth talking to her still or do i cut the cord?
>>
>>17913644
Cut it. Let her know up front what you want unless you're fine with being just friends.
>>
Holy shit yea, stop being a little bitch

Does it hurt and suck for awhile? Yea it does but my life is great. Got my frist girlfriend at 23, got my shit together snd graduated college and got a nice job so i could provide for us. She ended up cheating on me, but because i was driven to succeed to provide for her i have a great job and great future instead of being a cashier making 9 bucks an hour. After ahe cheated on me she became addicted to heroin and im not sure what shes doing now. I had planned to.marry her and loved her so much but she chose to end our relationship but im ina great place now because of it.

It took about 1.5 years to fully get over it though and while it makes me a little sad sometimes to think about it really isnt the end of the world and as other anons have said there are plenty of other women out there. You have to give yourself time to get over her though or as you say youll just compare everyone to her.
>>
>>17913688
how often do you think of her/ try to call her/fb stalk her?
>>
>>17913695
Maybe once or twice a week very briefly. Its been over two years and i havent dated anyone else seriously since then.

And ive never ever contacted her or reached out to her since it all ended. When she ended it the way she did i resolved i would never have anything to do with her ever again

I used to stalk her accounts daily at first, then it dwindled to every 2 days, then 3-4. Eventually i stoppd looking. I still think of her but i dont need to look at her stuff.
>>
I did. I guess it sucks. I sure cried a lot. I got put into the hospital cuz I was so so sad.
But now I'm different and so is he. I still love him. I always will. But he's not what I want in a partner even though I would've killed for him back then. After he left me he gave up on every one of his dreams. He used to want to go to film school. Now I guess he's just going to aa meetings. So theres a reason it didn't work out and I don't subscribe to the love of my life idea anymore. I think I'm ok to just float along and meet people i can love for a little bit. I mean love is great. But it makes you so unhappy. I just want to be happy. Love comes second now.
I'm glad i met him though. Having a love of my life is kinda special.
>>
>>17912995
Realize that relationships are fleeting. Enjoy the moment. Let it pierce you. Then accept that one day you will not be in one anymore.

You were lucky to find someone to be comfortable with for 7 years. Christ I'm surprised you did not get married. But these things are fleeting. Especially in your twenties. Once you're in your thirties things change. People start to settle in their thirties. Some women in their twenties will start to think of you as potential. Don't worry op it doesn't end there. Just keep your chin up and live on. A whole lot can change in one year.

Up until my break up with my last ex I had only been with 8 girls. This past year I've almost doubled that to 15. Things change. And so will you
>>
>>17913803
I just cant even handle the fact people can say stuff and then their feelings ''change''
>>
>>17912995
Married a homely chinese pheasant who isn't a fat filipino pig, they are both ugly so I figured the contrast would help me out. Best thing ever because I get to believe that either people are jealous of my sexual repertoire or that I'm delusional and misinterpretating their disgust.

Tl;dr version sunk myself into depression and depressing endeavours.
>>
OP here
even tho shes not with me. I don't want her to be with anyone else. How do I get over this?
>>
>>17915073
Cuck her, fuck the guy she fucks
>>
>>17915088
lmao
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.