[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Why is it so difficult to change your life? Serious question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1470161433828.jpg (16KB, 200x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470161433828.jpg
16KB, 200x225px
Why is it so difficult to change your life? Serious question.
>>
>>17912483
Man cannot recreate himself without suffering, for he is both the sculptor and the marble.

Or some gay shit like that
>>
Change can be difficult. The initial climb over a obstacle.

It gets easier then more momentum you gain.
>>
>>17912483
I think it's because of the fear of the unknown. Even if your current situation isn't all that great, the fear of making things worse is always there.
>>
>>17912496

*it gets easier with the more momentum you gain
>>
Changing your life is a constant battle with yourself. Subconsciously you will rationalise your life and feel comfort in the good and often indifference in the bad. As long as your basic needs (food,water, shelter etc) are met you only care on a conscious "thinking" level not on a behavioural level. You have to force yourself to adapt your behaviour consciously while not having the behavioural drive to do so.
>>
>>17912497
I've heard that most worries never actually happen. I don't know if there are studies that prove it, but it would be very reassuring if this were the case.
>>
>>17912502
>just do it bro
>>
>>17912483
Usually changing your life involves lots of money. And when you have lots of money, you're not very interested in changing your life.
>>
>>17912483
Because most of your personality and your learning is a direct reaction to your exterior world. If you live in the same place doing the same things talking to the same people it will never change.

Be drastic. Get a job in another state and move.
>>
>>17912492
Yo that's sick I've never heard that 1
>>
Dealing with that myself-- after 10 yrs of marriage now divorced dealing with constant changes (parenting-legal-etc.)
When the pain of where you are - is greater than the Fear of what might happen, is when you will grow or can grow.
Lastly- don't seek massive changes- they don't last. Try simple changes you can stick with. They add up.
Peace Fampai-
>>
>>17912556
You'll be in another place but you'll bring your old self along...
>>
>>17912583

In a new environment with a new job new social circle and new challenges.

Thats exactly what i was getting at. Your old self can only survive uour current life. Move and you adapt and change.

Im not talking out my ass. Ive moved like 5 times. Every time you come out someone totally new.
>>
>>17912589
Of course it is, but can you really do it yourself? Can you force yourself to abandon your current life and go to a new environment? That's the major challenge where most people get stuck. Having the motivation, ability, or discipline to deliberately change oneself or one's environment is the same thing.
>>
>>17912577
>Try simple changes you can stick with. They add up.
This, big change is made out of many small changes, but those changes have to be real changes, actually shift the way you think about some things.

>>17912589
Been there, done that.
Even though I was able to move to a much more healthy environment, I dragged with me some of my (traits, defects, character weaknesses?) that ultimately prevented me from actually achieving much of a change for myself. You can change your surroundings but if you yourself don't change, you'll end up in the same kind of situations and environments.

I'm not OP by the way
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.