[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a huge problem with laziness. I'm a NEET, and I spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1346456557559.gif (263KB, 319x255px) Image search: [Google]
1346456557559.gif
263KB, 319x255px
I have a huge problem with laziness. I'm a NEET, and I spend every single day in my room watching TV shows, drinking beer, and browsing the internet. I know what I should do but I'm too weak to apply myself. Whenever I start doing something productive, I give up after 2-3 days for some reason. I was lazy since I was a kid, but this is too much. It really feels as if there's no hope for me and I'm pretty sure I will end up homeless in a ditch. I don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>17912455
>I was lazy since I was a kid, but this is too much.

Get a job and it'll solve a lot of your problems in one fell swoop because you're forced to change your bad habits. If you can't do that then you're beyond help.

>Whenever I start doing something productive, I give up after 2-3 days for some reason.

Willpower is limited. The reason you gave up because you're not doing productive things out of habit. You can only be productive if you have a working habit.
>>
>>17912480
>get a job
>do this hard thing which you can't do because you are lazy and that's the problem to begin with

Umm...
>>
in my experience it's not all that hard to get a job, you just have to apply a hundred or more times to get lucky. none of the steps are at all difficult. I use the word lucky deliberately, most of the time it has little to do with you and your abilities.
>>
>>17912517
It would also greatly help you're not picky about your jobs. Amazon (actually a staffing agency for Amazon) for example is literally hiring anyone. You don't need any previous experience at all. They do phone interviews followed by an onsite physical. It's almost impossible not to be able to get the job.
>>
>>17912517
Laziness isn't only about things being too "hard" to do, it's also about lacking the motivation to do them. I have no motivation to get a job, and that's what worries me. I'm worried I will become homeless and only then I'll finally consider getting a job after a few weeks of exposure, starvation, and misery.
>>
>>17912528
It's because you got used to being dependent on other people for everything.
>>
>>17912533
Yeah I know, but how do I break out of it? Million dollar question.
>>
>>17912535
Dunno bud I've been lazy my entire life.

I work and have done for a while. I lose motivation after about 6 months. have job hopped every two years when I feel at breaking point. Mind you, none of these jobs (in my line of work) suit me at all, I hate them, too complex, too much responsibility, too low pay for what I think I should get.

Even my place is full of dirty dishes, I clean something dirty so I have something clean.

I think this world is too complex for me. Wish I could just do something simple. Simple doesn't pay the bux though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.