[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people (especially couples) have something new to talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How do people (especially couples) have something new to talk about every day? I spend my free time reading about science related topics and I don't watch movies or TV so it's hard from the start to find something to talk about with people. Science doesn't go over well; their eyes glaze over and all you get is an "Oh yeah?" which is extremely annoying btw when it's something important. I'm also conservative in a liberal city so ideas and viewpoints would clash with most people. Is anyone here a social butterfly?
>>
>>17911466
>How do people (especially couples) have something new to talk about every day?
>especially couples
So in my relationship we talk about the obvious, such as work and school, plans for the future, etc. Being long distance most of the time we also talk about what goes on around the cities we live in, or some mundane occurances in our days.

(What I think is) our most interesting conversations generally stem from: we both read the news, I listen to podcasts, reading magazines, watching documentaries together, interesting articles about various topics online, etc.

I'm a poor conversationalist aside from with him, and I also don't really like interacting with people very much in the first place, so what I've described above may or may not help generate conversations with people outside the relationship. I have a feeling being informed on a wide variety of topics is typically a good idea.
>>
>>17911466
>I spend my free time reading about science
For example? Unless it's something crazy specific related to your university, most people should be able to follow the shit and have something to add. Just gotta find the right topic, it's given that most won't have much to say about CPT theorem. Though generally it's a heavy subject, unless the person is totally obsessed by it, they don't want to talk about something complex while eating a burger. Work often gives decent conversation topics for your SO/friends, almost daily. Doing stuff with them or your friends helps too.

Besides, what about reading non science stuff?

>conservative in a liberal city so ideas and viewpoints would clash with most people
So what? As long you're somehow educated about politics, as are your conversation partners, it can still lead to interesting talk. Assuming neither of you are too extreme about shit either. Hell, by caring about science and not coming with the "climate change is chinese invention" bullshit, you should even have common ground on a decent amount of subjects.
>>
>>17911536
>Besides, what about reading non science stuff?
I know, I just feel it's a waste of time. And yeah, it's generally specific, heavy science which I read, because I feel it's a waste of time otherwise.

>Assuming neither of you are too extreme about shit either.
Yeeeaa, about that...

I'm not wondering about having conversations with multiple people. I'm talking about multiple conversations with the same person.
>>
>>17911560
>And yeah, it's generally specific, heavy science which I read
That definitely lowers the potential conversational partners; and your "it's a waste of time" attitude is way too simplistic. Variety in life and knowledge is pretty important. Pretty much every accomplished scientist had tons of non science related hobbies and interests.

>I'm talking about multiple conversations with the same person.
In that case it's a lot simpler, only takes to find one person with similar mindstate and interests.
>>
>>17911466
You don't need to talk to your gf about science, that requires background knowledge, and it might even make you look like you are rambling.
I usually just tease her about basic mathematics and funny problems.
>hey bby, I have two pairs of socks, can you pick one from each pair for me?
>heey, if I have infinitely many pairs of socks, do you think it's obvious how to pick one sock from each pair? oh yeah? how would you do it?
>hey bby, you have two pairs of shoes, can you pick one from each pair for me?
>heey, now imagine you have infinitely many pairs of shoes...
usually at this point she either starts hitting me or realizes something interesting
>hey what do you think about adding apples with oranges?
>how about multiplying apples with oranges?
etc.
or some variants from abstract algebra, foundations of physics, combinatorics or discrete math, a lot of them requires no background knowledge to arrive at an interesting discussion and reveal insights about a young girl's mathematical intuition.
I think my girl is quite smart for her age, her curiosity and interest for math and science are just completely overshadowed by clothing, shoes, makeup tutorials, cute animals or whatever she was looking at on Pinterest. After all she has her infallible intuition, there's no need to prove 'stuffs' if she could just tell whether they are true or false, she said, haha, boy, that would vex a lot of my colleagues. She once asked me a pretty difficult question, too ("each of my friends is better friends with somebody else! Tell me what are the odds of this happening to me? Am I an unlucky girl?")
>>
>>17911466
We do activities together and talk about them.
>>
Lasting conversations don't come from wanting to swap info that the other person doesn't know or simply "catching up". You share with the other person what's going on in your head. Which means you can talk for an hour about what you were doing the other day, but you can also spend an hour explaining a certain documentary before going into why you felt it was done all wrong. Not to mention telling memories/anecdotes, opinions, associations, interesting stuff you personally came across...

These are also not things that stop with passing time. You continue to have realizations about stuff that happened to you, what you want to happen in the future etc. If you trust someone enough you can tell them anything like that and you talking has nothing to do with having any designated topic.
>>
>>17911536
climate change by humans is bs though
>>
>>17911917
Nah, it is true; we are pumping fucktons are carbon up there, it just isn't anything like as catastrophic as they scream about.
>>
>>17911466
That picture always makes me mad. I can't help but feel like there was foul play there.
>>
>>17911917
>>17911920
So much about science.

>it just isn't anything like as catastrophic as they scream about.
Yes it is, the only counterpoint there is, is that the scientists didn't try to include massive technological advancements that could subvert the whole cancer.

With our current advancement, climate change is going to be pretty fucking catastrophic. It's simply not a political issue but pure facts. The political part is how you deal with the facts, although it should be pretty obvious for even the most hardcore anti state fags that letting the market do whatever they want isn't going to work.
>>
>>17911953
Not those anons, but no amount of governmental regulation will work either. If humans really do cause climate change and they really do at the rate reported, climate change is simply irreversible and unstoppable, completely and utterly. No amount of carbon taxes and green energy initiatives will make a dent. Especially not with China and India existing. There is butt fuck all we can do.
>>
>>17911968
>Especially not with China and India existing.
There are international agreements for that. Yes, both will still shit on the agreed number but it'd make a net difference if they at least try, especially if Yurop and US go full green (which is theoretically possible). Carbon taxes and the likes are just there to slow it down, we'd still need scientific advances to really reverse it.
>>
>>17912039
China alone produces more emissions than the entire human race did in the 18th century when anthropic climate change supposedly began. The entire world would have to not only cut, but entirely eliminate all carbon emissions to have a chance of stopping climate change. It's not going to happen.
>>
There are lots of girls out there whith whom I never got anywhere trying to talk.

But there are a few girls out there with whom you can talk for hours and days and weeks and it's fun.

try online dating and look for more conservative girls.

Unfortunately it helps more than it should, if you are a made man, have a good profession, job and cleanliness. Once you have that, more girls will be open to talk to you or straight up talk you up. And that increases your chance to find a girl, who will talk to you about that. I love politics and science and found a chick who also studies medicin, is interested in my technical hobbies and also shares my likes for politics.

It's out there, you just have to digg through all the girls who do not fit.

That's why you dont develop feelings towards women you dont yet know, it has to be neutral until you know, that she is the right one. Which starts with the right chemistry.
>>
>>17911648
This sounds about right.
I don't ever have a set topic when my bf and I talk. even when we're talking about important things, it's mostly all just what's on our minds. And I enjoy it. Because I feel so comfortable around him I really am able to talk about whatever's on my mind. We always have something to talk about.
>>
>>17911592
You know what. I think it's easier for him to work on making science sound interesting than finding a new topic. He can be like that black science dude, finding ways to make science relatable.
>>
>>17912140
>China alone produces more emissions than the entire human race did in the 18th century when anthropic climate change supposedly began.
And it's still much lower than USA/Europe if you consider the population size.

>The entire world would have to not only cut, but entirely eliminate all carbon emissions to have a chance of stopping climate change.
Not really, the climate can recover by itself given some time and lower human caused emissions. More realistically is a human solution to do something about the emissions ... but to find it in time before the world goes to shit, it'd be nice to slow down the current developments.

>>17912196
It's pretty damn hard and requires knowledge beyond the topic at hand.
>>
>>17911466

then try hitting exclusively on scientists if you're not willing to open your mind to the mainstream interests. and im not saying you should have to, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

the problem is you will complain that its much more difficult to date scientifically inclined women, and you're not wrong. you will argue that its unfair that you should have to work harder just to have a vagina to fuck and blah blah.

but thats the way it is. decide whats more important, vagina, or your scientific lifestyle.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.