[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meet decent girls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: couple.jpg (123KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
couple.jpg
123KB, 640x425px
Where the fuck can I reliably meet some decent girls? Interested in dating, tired of hookups.

I'm a reasonably good looking 21 year old guy, but I'm in computer science so I don't typically see girls in my day to day, and cold approaches aren't my thing.

I've joined some school clubs like theatre stuff/improv, and I met some girls there as friends/aquaintances, but the turnover rate is so low and I'm not interested in any of them. I've tried clubs or bars and Tinder but I'm really looking for a relationship, not hookups.

How did you anons meet your qt gfs?
>>
>>17911350
Try other school clubs; book clubs are great. Or libraries.
>>
>>17911363
I'm entering my last semester and then I'll be done with school, so I also need advice for outside of school.

As for libraries, what do you suggest? Cold approaching some girl who's looking through the stacks?
>>
>>17911372
Yeah, something like that. Even look in sections you're interested in, so you have a talking point.
>>
What's your idea of a decent girl?
>>
>>17911376
I dunno man, I really suck with breaking the ice and cold approaching. Any ideas for more natural ways to meet girls? Like the improv club was a very natural way to meet people, but like I said very low turnover and no one too interesting. Plus we all just sort of settled into aquaintanceship.
>>
>>17911382
Kind, easygoing, at least kinda smart, decent sense of humor and pretty. She doesn't need to be a knockout super sexy chick, I'm cool with a 7 or 8/10 girl next door if she's cool.

I'm honestly not that picky. Just not someone who's annoying or brainless.
>>
>>17911350

Anyway, instead of introducing yourself or saying some dumb cheesy line just pull out your phone, show her a picture of your cat, and she will be down to fuck.
>>
>>17911394
>instead of introducing yourself

>hey, wanna see a picture of my cat?
>"uhhhh, what?"
>shows picture
>Isn't she cute?
>"Sure..."

I feel like this is bad advice.
>>
>>17911396
Nonono, all wrong.

Display confidence, attempt to break the ice a little.

Just get your phone out, have the picture ready, go up to her (the stranger) and ask her "What do you think of my cat?"

Cats are fucking adorable, so naturally she will say how cute it is. And depending on how she responds is how you get cues, and how you snowball rapport.

This shit is all textbook, man.
>>
>>17911350
Female here. I cannot give you any advice particularly on how to woo girls, considering how people, not merely girls in general, are not all able to be narrowed down into a grouping as particular, and or, specific. Different approaches for different individuals - you have to pay attention to the one that holds your interest and decide a method best to approach her. Timid? Take it slow, be friendly, yet not too forward. If she seems uncomfortable, leave her be. Outgoing? Much easier to talk to, will most likely be open to conversation with others and "getting to know people". You will know right off the bat with those sorts on whether they have an interest in you or not. It goes on and on, you have to observe the varying personalities and as I said before, some decision making on how to approach.

Now, on where to meet suitable folks for a serious relationship: certainly not any of the places you have tried aside from the clubs on campus. Alternatives, now. Try actual dating sites, not hook-up applications such as Tinder. Search around online for singles events in your nearby area. Attend social gatherings that are not bar parties and try to strike up conversation with those who catch your eye. It might take time, but I think you should be able to find the right one for you, anon.
>>
>>17911414
I appreciate the effort put into such a long post, but honestly I don't really know what to take from it. You mentioned singles events, but those are always overpriced and seem very silly and unnatural for a 21 year old. Something like OkCupid is an option, but I'd rather avoid online dating. And honestly I just don't know how to find social gatherings that aren't bar parties. All I get invited to are parties.
>>
>>17911396
I'd fall for that
>>
Hey OP, 26 here and sort of have a similar problem. Here is what worked for me in the past and produced wonderful long relationships:
>Meet friends through friends
You have friends with other social circles you are not acquainted with? You could either just go meet their other friends and naturally meet girls, or ask for an introduction if there's any girl they think is a good fit for you. This way you both get girls who are looking and they come with a recommendation from someone who knows you, doesn't get better than this.
>Open your eyes
Wherever you spend your day to day I am sure you encounter a lot of people on the street, buses, passing you by in the library, each of these encounters has potential.
>Expand your horizons
Go find new hobbies, you will meet new people

First method is by far the best
>>
>>17911581
This. An along with the fact that you seem like you are doing the right things, I wouldnt really worry about you. Im pretty sure you will find an amazing woman. And when you do, be sure to take care of her, you and her would deserve that.
>>
>>17911581
elaborate on first step
How to get grills as wingwomen?

Im asking for a friend.
>>
>>17911635
Well, the first step is letting your female (and also male) friends know you're single and looking. If you have friends like mine who like
like matchmaking that will suffice. If that's not enough you can go and ask them if they have anyone they might set you up with, or if they know anyone they think is a good fit for you. You should be a bit careful depending on how close you are with them and how well you know them, since some girls have a lot of guy friends looking for girlfriends and few female friends.
>>
>>17911644
>the first step is letting your female (and also male) friends know you're single and looking.

I imagine myself being laughed at behind my back, by even mentioning that I'm single and looking
I can't even fathom
>If that's not enough you can go and ask them if they have anyone they might set you up with, or if they know anyone they think is a good fit for you

I accept that I am a sperg, despite my other positive attributes.

Thanks for your post anyway. It is sound advice nonetheless.
>>
>>17911350
Tinder?
>>
So basically what I'm getting from this is be set up by friends (but none of my friends know great single girls, or I just don't have a shot), cold approach at libraries or in my day to day life (not my forte), join more clubs (but my schedule is already pretty packed)... :/

I honestly think I'm going to be single forever or settle to such an extent that I regret it.
>>
>>17912339
Yeah well, the good news is you only need to meet one girl. So if your friends sometime in the future know one girl and you hit it off with her, it's the same whether you met 5 girls before her or 500,000.
>>
>>17912339
If you're going to shoot everything down, I'd suggest taking a look at the way you approach life. It's all very good advice. I've hooked up with my best friend's wife's best friend. It was one date, I learned a lot from it, and we're still pretty chill to each other -- and the date knows I'm still available and is helping me look.
Get women to help you look -- they absolutely love being matchmakers.
>>
>>17912346
Sorry, I entirely do have the wrong outlook on life lately. I've been dealing with depression/self confidence issues on and off for a while now and recently my toxic long distance relationship ended, so I'm pretty tentative with all this advice. But I do still appreciate the advice, and I am still considering it, even if it doesn't seem like it. I really just feel like I need a healthy, real relationship for once. Because I've never had a relationship is describe as healthy, even though I swear I'm not that bad of a guy.
>>
Guess the bottom line is that I just need to get better at initiating conversations with girls or ask friends directly for help. I have always been kind of bad at putting myself out there.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.