[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I graduated high school about half a year ago, and am currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 924.jpg (142KB, 680x1017px) Image search: [Google]
924.jpg
142KB, 680x1017px
So I graduated high school about half a year ago, and am currently working a part-time job in order to be doing something with myself and make some money in the meantime whilst I figure out what to do with myself. Trouble is, I really don't have any idea.

Been thinking about going military later this year, but it's a very big decision that i'm putting off to think over. Then there's college or trade school, which i've not gone for yet due to the fact that I don't know what I would/could/should study, and again it's a big decision that could end up wasting lots of time and money if I don't like/mesh well with my choice. Finally I could siply learn something on my own and pursue a carrer that way, but i'm not sure if that is a very viable option for most people given that it's very risky and difficult to do. Plus i'm not even sure if it's realistic to think that an average guy like myself could make it very far by just getting good at something and trying to participate in the carrer feild related to that something. Maybe i'm wrong, I dunno. Any advice on good/realistic options after high school?
>>
>>17910974
WHat do you want to do in the military OP?
>>
>>17911109
Was thinking about atempting to be a Corpsman in the Navy, but in the end it's really not up to me so i'm not entirely sure yet.
>>
>>17910974
Picture your ideal life 10 years from now. Where will you be living? House or apartment? Married or single? What SORT of job? One that involves wearing a tie? Office, store, factory, on the road?

Now work backwards from there. What would you have to have done in the intervening 10 years to get there? Get a job and work your way up? Learn a skilled trade? Go to college?

Now come back to the present. What's the first step in the process you just did backwards?
>>
>>17911334
this is good advice on how to look at career planning. take note op. I am.
>>
>>17910974

take the US mil aptitude test - you can get it at public libraries it will give you good idea of your current abilities & interests

test = ASVAB
>>
>>17911123
Talk to your recruiter. Say you really are interested in the Medical Corps of some kind. This is a sound career move- get your qualifications via the military, get some very marketable skills, maybe have an adventure or too, and when you have had enough you will be pretty marketable or you could go onto something else, like nursing. Might pay to talk to /k/ ( i frequent that board a lot) and get some pro tips there. God Speed OP/.
>>
>>17911334
This seems like some good advice, thanks friend

>>17912351
>>17911831
Thanks for the advice guys I appriciate it, and yeah, I do actually browse /k/ a lot already - only trouble is that i'm not quite sure who to listen to: Those that say they regret joining the military and that it's all a waste of time, or those that say it was all worth it and was a great way to serve. I'm leaning more towards 'It all seems worth it', but I just wanna make sure i'm ready before joing if I end up chosing that path.

And i'll have to check out tking that aptitude test.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.