[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Proposal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: proposal-ideas.jpg (73KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
proposal-ideas.jpg
73KB, 640x400px
Hello, I came here wondering if I could get some advice on this topic. My girlfriend and I are both in the Air Force and
were recently split to different bases and are going long distance (So far 2 months). We're going to be apart for at least
2 years, and in that time I wanted to:
- Ask her parents for her hand
- Propose
- Get Married

(Once married you will be assigned the same base as your spouse)

I plan on asking her parents for her hand in November since that will be the next time I'll be seeing them.
- I feel generally okay about doing this. Both of them seem to really like me, but if anyone has a little advice on this it
would be much appreciated.

If they say yes, I plan to do a surprise visit to her to propose. I am not entirely sure what to do for this... so I was looking for
any and all creative ideas.

We've discussed it before and she said she'd want the wedding in the fall (Probably around October). How long does it take to plan a wedding? If it takes at least x amount of time then I want to propose with ample time to plan the wedding...

TL;DR I want to propose/get married within 2 years and I'm looking for advice on it.
>>
>>17910916
Why do you need to ask her parents?
Also, have you got a ring and stuff?
>>
>>17910922
Her parents are very traditional and want me to do it.

No I have not gotten a ring yet. I don't know anything about wedding rings or anything..
>>
Why don't you just get married on paper now so you don't have to do long distance and then have a wedding later?
>>
>>17910929
We discussed doing this, but her family would get upset and she didn't want to pretty much cut off her family.
>>
>>17910933
What? That's fucking stupid. Tell them you're going to do it, and then do it. Why would you do long distance if there's a simple solution to avoid it?
>>
>>17910929
This is your best option other than not getting married st all. Don't be a dumbass
>>
>>17910916
>military marriage
oh boy
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.