[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Why do guys take everything from girls so personally? Not just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: i-tried-anon.png (23KB, 412x412px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
i-tried-anon.png
23KB, 412x412px
Why do guys take everything from girls so personally? Not just what you say to them, but apparently ignoring them also.

I had a guy friend I really cared about. But I became so busy that I unintentionally procrastinated returning his text and Facebook messages. I was just trying to focus on work and school that it took up all of my time.

But then when I did see him in person, he started to act weirder and weirder; almost like he was avoiding me. I tried to press him for it, but he would say it was nothing -- prompting me to not push further.

But then the last time I saw him, he asked what he did wrong, and if he's making me uncomfortable. I was so confused, and repeatedly told him "no." He then went on that with my lack of replies, I kept dropping hints that I wanted nothing to do with him, and it was increasingly making him too uncomfortable to keep in touch with me. I tried to convince him that I wasn't dropping any hints, and if something was wrong I would've addressed it to him personally. But he wouldn't have it, and felt there was just too many red flags to warrant continuing a friendship. And despite trying so desperately to talk him out of it, he just ended the friendship right then and there and walked away. Took me off Facebook and social media and everything. It already seems clear that I've lost him for good.

What a shitty way to start off the new year. :(
>>
>>17910340

>I pointedly ignore people multiple times
>they eventually get fed up and leave
>and dont behave like little toys I can put up and pull down whenever I want
>????

That's you OP. Fuck you. It takes ~2 seconds to say "hey, rly busy focusing on this thing. I'll text you when I get a chance' versus complete radio silence. Fuck off with your 'i was so busy' bullshit.
>>
Because women are notorious for being indirect and trying to drop vague, ambiguous signals that they're being made uncomfortable by you and want you to fuck off. Even gay men have felt this burn one too many times.

Granted, your friend's being paranoid. But that shit really messes you up.
>>
Op you can go fuck yourself
You are a shit friend op.
>>
>>17910355
This, i'm also a girl but seriously it takes 2 seconds, fuck off OP.
>>
Salty in here tonight, but I have to agree with the gist of what they are saying.
>>
>>17910362

> Be me
> Break up with girl
> Go NC for quite some time
> We were friends for a while before we went out, and I kind want to see if we can be friends again
> Try contacting her every once in a while
> Send her maybe 3 messages over the course of a year, few months apart each
> Complete radio silence each time
> Later find out that she was telling people I was harassing her
> One short "Hey what's up" message every four fucking months is "harassment"
> Bunch of girls think I'm creepy because of this

OP, guys take what girls say personally because girls have a nasty habit of exaggerating or straight up bullshitting things that guys do in ways that negatively impact a guy's romantic life

While your friend probably overreacted I have to say if some girl I texted was just ignoring me, and didn't even have the decency to send a little "Hey sorry really busy right now" message, because of past experiences I would begin getting really paranoid about what she was telling people behind my back

I don't worry about the same shit with my guy friends because they will either send me a quick little message, or if they don't I can just laugh them off as an asshole and not worry too much about them talking shit behind my back
>>
The relationship was a beta dependency, a product of modern culture. Although good for profits in pornography, holiday sales, etc.

Now you can go fuck chad/s or learn some ethics and become a good person for long term gain.
>>
>>17910340
Fix your damn social skills. You seem really oblivious of your surroundings.
>>
>>17910340
Basically because guys self worth and validation is based quite alot on how women see them. It's a biological thing, probably nothing to do with you
>>
>>17910355
>>17910374
This, OP you caused this. Fuck off.
>>
>>17910340
I'm a guy but I do the same. It'll sometimes slip my mind and I'll forget for days.

I once had a friend think I hated him because I didn't immediately respond to a text he sent.

Some people are super fucking needy.
>>
>>17910340
>i really care about this guy
>but not enough to talk to him

Christ Western women really are worthless trash
>>
>>17910340
You did send pretty clear messages friend. Especially if you were active on your phone and social media otherwise.

It's a pretty standard way for women to send the "were over" message by ignoring his messages but still being active to everyone else.
>>
>>17910340
I'm too much of a pussy to be like your friend but what he did was understandable. People, even busy people, can make time to say "I'm really busy right now but I'd love to talk to you later when my schedule frees up". This takes 10 seconds to type at the most.
>>
>>17910340
This is a gross generalization. All guys aren't like this. Also, it only takes a few seconds to let someone know you're busy but wanna chat/hang out later. Some people forget to respond when they're busy. Does that mean this dude is needy? Not really. It's very understandable. Even though you didn't send a message, whether or not you intended to do so, you still sent your guy friend a message.
>>
>>17910458
>Not making a decision is a BIG decision.
>>
>>17910384
Why would you keep sending messages when she obviously is ignoring them? You're being a dumbass with too much time.
>>
>>17910572
If he's being honest then I don't see how sending 3 texts over an entire year classifies him as having too much time.

Pretty reasonable.
>>
>>17910572

Because when someone doesn't bother to answer you back, you have literally no idea what to make of it. What does the silence mean? Does it mean "I never want to speak to you again?" Does it mean "Not now, but maybe later?" Does it mean "The message got dropped, which is not uncommon?"

If she never really wanted to talk again, she could have done the mature thing, and just said "Hey, sorry, don't really want to talk anymore". Silence is an extremely shitty way to treat anyone, especially a friend.

> dumbass with too much time

Oh yeah so much time, texting her a total three times less than ten words over the course of a year, I was like totally obsessed and harassing her bro
>>
>>17910572
Because a few unreplied messages on an occasional scale doesn't necessarily prove much, otherwise you'll be making generalisations. And I've had mates who'd stop replying continuously because they were generally busy or had something going on in their life.

But yeah, this shit has too many consequences attached to them. Hence the paranoia.
>>
File: 1479213289674.jpg (97KB, 961x759px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1479213289674.jpg
97KB, 961x759px
>>17910355
This x3, literal seconds to text someone a message, are you too conceited to spare a "friend you really care about" a few seconds to explain that you're busy? Fucking roasties man you're beyond help
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.