[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 19 and I don't have any friends because I am too intelligent.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

I am 19 and I don't have any friends because I am too intelligent. I recently dumped my boyfriend of 3 years because he was honestly stupid and would only play videogames and dropped out of school to become a plumber. I like to read, write, paint, do math and I am studying math in university and I am at the top of the class. I find it hard to meet people who are as intelligent or more intelligent than I am and I have a high IQ. Where can I meet intelligent people?
>>
>>17909928
IntelegenceMeet.com
>>
>>17909928
4chan.org
I'm too intelligent, but I'm older and probably far away from you.
>>
>>17909955

I actually prefer older people. I've been with some 30+ guys before. Where are you?
>>
>>17909963
BR. What about you?
>>
>>17909980

Much further oh well
>>
>>17909928
If you're so smart you should be able to figure this out.

BTFO wait, this is bait....
>>
>>17909928
Probably bait but ill bite

>dropped out of school to become a plumber

lol when he makes a decent living off plumbing after 2 years while you're still busting your ass in uni so you can become a wagecuck.
>>
File: ltlShit.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ltlShit.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>17909928

>Where can I meet intelligent people?

Hang out with other young CEOs, oh wait.
>>
>>17909928
>I am 19 and I don't have any friends because I am too intelligent. I recently dumped my boyfriend of 3 years because he was honestly stupid and would only play videogames and dropped out of school to become a plumber
Nah, it sounds like you just dislike lower-class people. Theres literally nothing wrong with being a plumber because its a middle class job that makes you good money.

If you were really intelligent you'd realize how poorly the Prussian education system helps people retain the information it "teaches" rather than just simulate an authoritarian serf-driver atmosphere where life is regimented and you obey orders no matter how irrational.

Unless you get in a STE field (medical is becoming overcrowded) he'll probably make more money than you later in life.
>>
>>17909928
Wait are you a girl? In math? Top of the class? Where can I find you? Would you mind dating a physicist?
>>
>>17909980
Move to a first-world country.
>>
>>17909928
>tfw I like intelligent women
I'm 27 so I don't think that I'm in your age range. I don't know if I'm as intelligent as you are, or if you would mind, but at least I completed a compsci curriculum and am working on a thesis.

What would your bare minimum be?

>>17909980
Also living in South America.
>>
File: 1460879620229.png (80KB, 1380x460px) Image search: [Google]
1460879620229.png
80KB, 1380x460px
this image might help
>>
>>17910022
Which one do you suggest?
>>
>>17909955
>>17909963
>>17909980
>>17909985

Just FYI this exchange is hilarious because it shows how naive OP is. Not saying she's stupid, but naive.
>>
>>17910031
Not the United States or Europe
>>
>>17910032
lol
>tfw I'm intelligent and "smartasser" than OP
>>
>>17910040
Why not?
>>
>>17910046
Because fuck off we're full
>>
>>17910031
Apply to top graduate schools (mostly in the US, a few in the UK) and you will be surrounded by smart guys.
>>
File: 1481617161040.jpg (43KB, 433x334px) Image search: [Google]
1481617161040.jpg
43KB, 433x334px
>>17910040
Yeah they should come to Australia instead.
Our economy is about to collapse.
>>
Math has almost nothing to do with intelligence.
>>
>>17910050
Japan, then? Even better!

>>17910051
I'm not OP.

>>17910057
t. artfag
>>
You sound like a proper self-important little cunt. News flash, you aren't the second-coming of Einstein.
>claims to be super-high IQ
>comes to 4chan for advice on social opportunities
>mfw
>>
File: getoutofhere.gif (500KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
getoutofhere.gif
500KB, 500x200px
>>17910063
forgot the gif
>>
>>17910061
Nope, I started with engineering, ended up doing environmental biology. I always did great in math and it's highly intellectual and complicated, but without trying to sound corny it's only one type of intelligence.
>>
>>17910029

Id looove to date a physicist. We could talk about things like Bose Einstein condensate together. I guess my bare minimum is just a guy in a STEM field whose IQ is 120+ (mine is 139). I like motivated people who want to go far in life and not settle for a boring middle class unfulfilling job they whine to me about. Don't be passive aggressive either or a sexist MRA. Fyi not a feminist but I hate MRA's and red pill r9k type losers.
>>
>>17909928
Join mensa
>>
>>17910063

Sexist virgin confirmed
>>
File: 1480884852333.jpg (536KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1480884852333.jpg
536KB, 1280x1920px
>>17910077

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

I will wait.
>>
>i can't relate to people less intelligent than me

things ugly people say. i had a friend, nice guy, fattest man in the state, not sure how he wiped his own ass (and possibly didnt considering the smell after some trips to the restroom). anyways one night were talking about dating and he says 'i can't date girls who are less intelligent than me'.

fattest ugliest guy in the world putting down people who aren't as smart as he believed himself to be.

whats worse is people him like (and of course OP) write themselves off as the dumbest of the smarties by stroking their ego.

OP admits she wants someone either as intelligent or smarter than her. so in her world anyone less intelligent than her is suddenly an untouchable. she is the D+ of intelligence, believing herself to be at the bottom rung of the ladder, worthy of conversation with smart people, but only just barely.
>>
File: 4e9.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
4e9.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>17909928
You'd think someone so smart would be able to see their own faults.
>>
>>17910030
i love this
>>17909928
OP, you're probably too ugly for me desu
>>
>>17910089
>And the anon passive agressively said: Those grapes were probably sour
>>
>>17910107

>passive aggressively

reason number 3 that you're not as smart as you think you are, nothing about that post was passive.
>>
>>17910083
I am a sexist lol, only bc I actually have experience with women.
OP isn't experiencing social problems bc she's a friendly girl who's just too intelligent for everyone she meets, she has a deluded self-image. She can't relate to people bc she tells herself she's above them.
>>
>>17910077
Does that 120+ IQ help with fixing things around the house? Can you rebuild a car engine, hell can you even change your own oil. I already called this out for bait but just to join the discussion I thought I'd add that I work with some incredibly smart engineers who have dozens of patents but they lack common sense and are mostly socially awkward people who lack simple mechanical skills despite being able to do it on paper.
>>
>>17910030
Is this OC? Haven't seen it before.
>>
>>17910120
not her lmao, keep feeling emasculated tho
>>
>>17910077
I don't know if this is a joke or something but there is no such thing as person with a 120 IQ or a 139 IQ... those are very vague numbers given as very rough indicators of a person's intelligence. That is all they were ever intended for even if some people try to read more into them. On one test a person might get 120, on another 140. The more familiar you are with the testing, the easier it becomes. There's no magic to it, it's basically like competing in a computer game.
>>
File: 1409187141125.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1409187141125.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>17910136

>im so smart :3
>if you disagree you're emasculated
>even if you're a woman

how tho?
>>
>>17910121
I'm inclined to agree with you considering I went through a similar phase around 14 ~ 15. That was my first instinct seeing this thread.
>>
>>17909998
Came here to post this, fuck OP for not respecting trades. Thanks for getting a useless degree and worsening the quality of America. Oh well. Enjoy paying me 100 plus an hour to fix the electricity in your dumbass house when a tree falls on your powerline and tears the meter down and all your shit turns off and you realize how useless you really are, and even more useless your husband is because he has no practical skills.
>>
>>17910258

>Brainlet mad because he couldn't finish uni
>His job will be automated and fully taken over by robots in 20 years or so.

Fucking blue collar faggot :^) Don't believe me? Google it.
>>
>>17910258
OP isn't in the US, you mongoloid.
>>
>>17910267

That's right I'm not. It's a huge shame in a way because that just strengthens my point...intelligent people don't go into trades. I mean this guy just right away thinks I am from America it's ridiculous he's so dumb.
>>
>tfw 160 IQ
>>
>>17910272

>shes so dumb for assuming im from america
>but im not dumb for assuming shes a man

You will never cease to amaze me OP
>>
>>17910298

You're male women don't become electricians
>>
File: 1483062166222.png (90KB, 540x637px) Image search: [Google]
1483062166222.png
90KB, 540x637px
>>17910304
>>
>>17910266
Same goes for university graduated jobs.

What the fuck is up with you to post that? What runs through your head? You're mentally fucked up.
>>
>>17910272

Okay, look. I am:

>>17910032
>>17910154
>>17910267

And I'm going to tell you that you are a typical moderately to above-average intelligent girl who thinks she's better than everyone around her, whether it's really the case or not.

If you want to go by "legitimate" IQ tests, my IQ is around 146. Let that put what I'm saying into perspective for you.

You can't judge other people based on how intelligent they are. No one can help if they're born ugly, born smart, have particular attractions, etc.. As you grow up, you realize much of a person's circumstances are far out of their control, and people will do anything to survive or be comfortable depending on the situation.

You need to get off your high horse and accept yourself past "I'm smart" and accept the people around you as being just as flawed as you are -- and you are. Based on the posts I've seen from you in this thread, you are both naive and self-centered. And you're probably not as bring as you think you are. That's just the case when teens get egos, and in time you will hopefully learn your own limits.

You're not making friends or can't find any because you don't understand how people work, nor your own true bracket. The way you think is rigid, and until you see, accept, and move on from that you're not going to get anywhere socially.
>>
>>17910077
Tbh 139 is not that impressive, if I were you, I would stop promoting myself as having a higher intelligence.
>>
Why just go to >>>/sci/ where you can find... bahahaha no, no I'm just kidding.
>tfw to intelligent to finish a joke

All the salty dumbasses in this thread asking stuff like "Oh yeah can you change oil or rebuild an engine??" Nigger, can you design and build one from scratch?

OP I have no clue where you meet other smart people. You just have to bring stuff up irl and hope people know what you're taking about.
>>
I'm not that smart, but people are just idiots. I feel like I have a similar feeling as OP. I don't retain info too well because if it isn't important to me, I drop it, but I sure feel like I'm in a sea of retards 24/7. I just can't relate to anyone, and the few I do are only on small things. Especially at work and in public, no one pays attention to fucking anything. No one speaks directly or up front. There's always some run around or distraction.

When you do manage to hold someone's attention in a 'conversation' it goes one of two ways; either you pretend you listened to them or vice-versa. Leave with some basic 'okay, great, thanks,' and move on with no memory of it. I don't care, you don't care. I just fucking hate people and how talking to them is just the same cycle. No one reflects on what they do or takes time to slow down and think, they have to run their mouthes about some post or other dumb shit, or whatever lame thing is on their mind for the second.

I'm very reserved, I hate talking but when I do I try to make it come out properly, though I'm blunt and I don't do a lot of the faux-politeness shit. I think it's just so disrespectful. Some people really respect that because it gives them more intitiative to judge on actions, and other people just dismiss you as easily as you do them, but I haven't met anyone like myself. I've never seen anyone who I thought was a 'thinker,' if that makes sense. No one ever seems to be thinking about anything. I just gave up on people a long time ago. I'm decent to them and everything but there's just no point in trying with them. Every time I have it just bites me in the ass, so I've learned my lesson. Not so much lonely as I am annoyed, though. I envy the ignorant who have not a care in the world.
>>
>>17910330

>Being the top 1% is not impressive

leeel get a load of this autist nerd
>>
>>17910311

REEEE butthurt hahaha <:^)
>>
>>17909928
Join Mensa (and go to events). Or the higher-up similar societies. Pretty good environment for meeting similarly aged people in Europe (there's a bunch of events for age 18-37 or so), and at least okay in the US depending where you are, probably similar in other places but I only have hearsay about that.

I'm 90% sure this is bait though. You seem too immature to be 139 IQ.
>>
>>17909928
Comes across as : I think I'm too good for people, but I want them to like me.

You are no different than people who think they are too good for other people because they are attractive.

It's not impressive. If you are really smart you would know the importance of working on your character.
>>
File: chess.png (286KB, 860x1250px) Image search: [Google]
chess.png
286KB, 860x1250px
>>17909928

Chess or gtfo
fite me
https://lichess.org/LDMeLonz
>>
>>17909928
I'm an intelligent girl too, but man, do you sound fucking arrogant.

Yes, many people are 'stupid' by comparison. But it doesn't mean you have to treat them like the scum of the earth.

Why don't you work on being a likeable person before you start looking for people to be friends with or date?

Intelligent people do not necessarily overlook a shitty personality, and are in fact often damaged by poor experiences in high school (let's be honest, it's a place where mediocrity rules) that they want someone kind.
>>
>>17910765
Intellectual intelligence does not equate to emotional intelligence, and in the latter OP is definitely in double digits.
>>
>>17909928
femanon here, 18
And I actually have to laugh at you for this

Anybody who knows a thing or two knows how outdated IQ is for actually measuring intelligence. I say this as somebody who scored a genius score and I know I'm not a fucking genius. Anybody in STEM should fucking know at this point that there are so many varieties of intelligence that a person who may be lacking in one can be exemplary in another. Of course this is all probably bait but I need to rant here.

Now as much as this is me one-upping you it's also pointing out something valuable for you to learn before you embarrass yourself even further: From what you have described you sound like a petty person with delusions about yourself and the people around you. Come back down to Earth and you'll realize you are not that much more intelligent than the general population as you would like to believe.

You think somebody who's become a plumber is stupid? Oh my God you don't know a single thing about the world do you? You sound like one of those college kids I have to deal with on a daily basis who don't know how to cook, clean, or do laundry but think they're so above it all because they're paying tuition out their ass.

People like you honestly make university unbearable because all you do is sit around bragging over your minor achievements and that 'you're not like other people' while those of us who actually have any brains in our head and actually do aspire to intellectual pursuits in university are too busy actually making something of ourselves to sit around creating hot air like you.
>>
>>17910336
Sounds like you have no emotional intelligence whatsoever
>>
>>17909928
It's rare to find intelligent people such as yourself OP. Why don't we exchange skypes?
transposition_cipher
>>
>>17910957
Just what I was thinking.
>>
>>17910978
That's some fuckboi stuff right there anon
>>
>>17910957
>Anybody in STEM should fucking know at this point that there are so many varieties of intelligence that a person who may be lacking in one can be exemplary in another.
Not to mention work ethic matters so much. Statics is one of those things that nails a lot of people in the ass, but I saw people I'd probably consider slower than their peers excel because they took time to actually understand the content. Intelligence just means it comes to you more naturally, not that you innately have that knowledge.
>>
>>17909928
>write, paint
Show something you have written/painted.

>>17910957
Holy kek, OP got BTFO.
>>
>>17909928
cant take seriously because an intelligent person would never refer to themself as such. Additionally i feel like this is a reference or someshit.
>>
>>17910061
us fag, wants to live in japan because of weeb nature. Fuck me right>?
>>
>>17911055
>because an intelligent person would never refer to themself as such
That's bullshit. Why do you even think that? Would a good looking person not refer to themselves as good looking either?

Obviously most people who refer to themselves as intelligent fall for Dunner Kruger-ing like OP but it doesn't mean that a legitimately intelligent person is supposed to be overly humble.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.