[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Common dilemma in our group, that occurred tonight: >Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 23265.jpg (340KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
23265.jpg
340KB, 1600x1200px
Common dilemma in our group, that occurred tonight:
>Group of 6 orders a bottle of vodka
>2 of the 6 only take 1 shot each
>Everyone else takes the same amount finishing the bottle

Are the 2 who only took one shot each obliged to pay the same amount the others do? Or should it be adjusted?
>>
Should always be agreed on beforehand to avoid awkwardness when the bill comes
>>
>>17909791
This. Especially if you know someone doesn't really drink much.

"hey you know I don't drink much but I'll pitch in a little anyway" emphasis on the little. or "hey I know you don't drink much so..."
>>
>>17909791
>>17909794
Let's say there wasn't really an agreement beforehand but assumed everyone would be splitting, but after taking one shot, the 2 felt really sick and whatever their share of drink would have been was taken by everyone else. Do the others have the right to demand the same amount of payment from them?
>>
>>17909798
yes
It was their initial intention to drink.
>>
>>17909798
you split it evenly
>>
people are greedy bastards and always want people to pay for what they'll use. yes, if it was the intent to drink and everyone share they should pay their share however, if they stopped drinking and everyone else picked up the rest of their slack they shouldn't be obligated to pay since you drank their share without hesitation. how hard is it to figure out the price of a shot anyway. bottle range from 26-40 ounces, at around 100. couple bucks a shot is fair but they should pitch in a bit more. but the rule stands you drink it you buy it
>>
>>17909925
however im used to having cheap fucks around so if i know they're agreeing and then want to back out i make sure they pay cause otherwise i would have ordered what i wanted instead. on the other hand if im out with a group of close friends, ill ask if they want to share and i'll make sure I have enough money to cover it all or most if some people won't pony up cause im not ruining a good time with friends over money. it all depends on the group dynamic
>>
>>17909798

yes, however if this is a 'common occurrence' the group should try to work out a system for the better. in the event that you cannot come to an agreement, it shows you probably shouldn't be sharing purchases and should just order your own.

but if 3 people know they're gonna drink a lot and the others are like 'maybe one or two shots, any chance i could just throw down an XX to cover that?'
>>
Why do you care? If you didn't think of it before, that means you all pay equally.
>>
>>17909784
if you're all such poorfags that you'll argue over splitting a single bottle of vodka you should just buy your own alcohol and drink at home instead of wasting money eating out.

I could understand if someone didn't drink any of the vodka and still ended up paying for a portion or it but you've got to be incredibly petty/autistic to want people to split the cost of a single fucking bottle of alcohol based on how much of it they drank
>>
>>17909784
In my circles if you have one shot you dont pay a dime, unless youre the host.

In fact in my circles, (and ive been in a few. Im well travelled). You bring your bottle. Its your expense. You offer. The only time you should ask for money is if someone commandeered it without permission.
>>
>>17910891
Ive read the thread now.
You pay equally. You went out, a bottle was ordered and shared on site. Its split.
>>
If it were me I wouldn't make them pay anything because who gives a shit

My friends pay for my shit all the time and I buy them shit too. It's what friends do
>>
>>17910727
This.

Also what kind of fucking vodka do you drink that it makes a fucking difference if 6 people split the bill?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.