[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else spending the New Year's Eve alone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (8KB, 244x382px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 244x382px
Anyone else spending the New Year's Eve alone?
>>
unfortunately, yes.
>>
>>17909628
Yes. I'm still in school and live at home. Even my parents had somewhere to go.
>>
I'll go to sleep at 11:pm, then get up at 6 am tomorow and go for a jog. Like everyday. I just hope I don't meet too many drunks. Feels good.
>>
>>17909688
How do you get the motivation to go for a jog at 6 in the morning? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
Me. How do I get past this evening? I wanted to sleep through it, but that isn't possible.
>>
Yes. In love with a girl I can't have, to miserable to go out or attend a party. Just getting drunk and being depressed watching shows.
>>
>>17909628
Eh spending it with family but that's just a fallback anyway, no one wants to spend new years with their damn relatives, planning on getting hammered
>>
File: Punpun.jpg (70KB, 605x543px) Image search: [Google]
Punpun.jpg
70KB, 605x543px
I don't want a new year. I know I won't kill myself and I'm almost certain I won't progress in any aspect of my life. I'd at least like to start a new year with hope, with meaning, with that little fucking feeling that sparks your interest on the future...
>>
Yes. I am alone. I am even working now..
>>
>>17909744
How old are you. Just curious
>>
Yep. "Friends" left me to "fix" myself.
>>
Not the first or second time and won't be the last

It's like every other day for me.
>>
>>17909877
Where are you from
>>
>>17909879
That sounds sad... Happy new year anon i hope it is the last you spend that way
>>
>>17909628
Not alone but not with the love of my life.
>>
>>17909628
Nope! Did spend chr*stm*s alone, however.
>>
>>17909915
Yeah. Me too..
>>
>>17909914
Was she your girlfriend. What happened, if you feel like talking
>>
>>17909704
It might come as a supprise but some people are disciplined. Starts with good parenting
>>
File: Me always.jpg (27KB, 593x411px) Image search: [Google]
Me always.jpg
27KB, 593x411px
>>17909628
90% of this board is alone more than 50% if a week,
>>
>>17909923
Well if you are single and you live alone than 50% is almost normal
>>
>>17909917
My gf got me a kayak paddle because I lost mine. She went out of town to see her family. I stayed behind and went kayaking and lost my god damn paddle again.
>>
I'm not alone seeing as I've been sharing the whole week with my good friend influenza. Such a good friend I'm staying with him rather than the friends I actually was gonna meet
>>
>>17909938
But you are still together than. You shouldn't feel bad being without her now. You just need to buy a new paddle i guess
>>
>>17909936
Most of this board is single and lives alone and/or with relatives. This is like the saddest board on 4chan. A mass of hopeless romantics.
>>
>>17909956
>a mass of hopeless romantics
that's more like half of the board. The rest are just bros and sis' that just want to help. There is still a light at the end of the tunnel known as /adv/...
>>
>>17909956
The saddest. That sound weird to me. I guess I never thought about it that way. This is the bord i like the most though. Why do you find it sad if i may ask?
>>
>>17909968
Not the guy you responded to, but I've always thought that all people on /adv/ were the ones that helped and sought for some answer. It's not like this board's got some guardian angels or anything.
>>
>>17909628
Yeah

Went to a "New Year's Eve Eve" party because most of our friends work today.

But tonight I'm mostly just gonna relax, and whatever.
>>
>>17909993
Are you feeling lonely
>>
>>17909919
My boyfriend. What would you like to know?
>>
>>17909628
Yup. At this point I don't know if I should just go to sleep.. no reason to stay awake
>>
>>17909628
>giving a fuck your New Years
>>
I'm alone as well.

My friends are all far, far away, plus it's a fireworks warzone, and I hate the sound, so I caved in.
>>
I don't even have money to buy beer.
>>
File: My grimace.jpg (46KB, 629x777px) Image search: [Google]
My grimace.jpg
46KB, 629x777px
>>17909970
I think it's really depressing. It's where people that still have hope in their minds go, people asking for life advice, relationship advice, some people ask how to kill themselves. People that have no idea how to talk romantically, people dealing with fucked up love situations, trying to get over girls, massively depressed, people who've fucked up everything but still trudge on. Most of the time nobody REALLY takes the advice, they just want it to get better. It's full of the people who aren't really going anywhere. That just sit and sulk. At least I think so anyway. But it is one of the more interesting boards on this dying site.
>>
>>17910065
what are you talking about, speak for yourself. I just got a new gf after healthily handling a break up.
>>
>>17910069
Congratulations in being like 1 in 10 on this board to do so.
>>
>>17910074
you do realize this website is largely tongue in cheek right?
>>
>>17910069
Get off here and be with her
>>
>>17910076
That's why I said nobody ever really does anything.

>>17910080
Also, this.
>>
>>17909867
20, most of my friends are out of town I'm not underaged if that's what you're asking, my uncle's throwing a party at his house.
>>
>>17909909
I like being alone
>>
>>17910065
I think I understand your point of view. I guess you're kind of right, but the other boards of the site are full of such people too. They are even more hurt as they lash out and offend people and..well i guess they aren't really friendly and I think that they are hurt and are sad too. And the fact that they are not even trying to improve makes them sound even more desperate, so..even though people share their problems here I don' t find it the saddest bord on 4chan.
>>
>>17910092
I didn't mean that i thought you were underage. I just never feel like getting drunk with my relatives. I actually thought you were older
>>
>>17910095
Yeah, at least people here seem pretty human and show SOME compassion/empathy. The other boards have a lot of edgelords that pretend they don't care about anything. Especially on the rekt threads.
>>
>>17910065
I disagree, after being in communities from other boards online I think this is one of the healthier boards, at least people here want to be better, plus even a failed relationship is better than none.
>>
>>17910093
Really. That's quite interesting in my opinion. Are you single. Do you live alone?
>>
>>17910105
I get along fine with my relatives for the most part but fuck I wanna hang out with people my own age

Doesn't help that I was supposed to be in Disney with a girl atm but we broke up

How's your NYE anon?
>>
>>17909956
>This is like the saddest board on 4chan.

Debateable.
>>
>>17910116
I am alone. I tried working but I don't really feel like it today.. Tomorrow I'll make up for that lost time here. I was alone on Chrismas too..My boyfriend dumped me 2 months ago I still feel stupid about it...Hey, thanks for asking
>>
>>17910132
Yeah anonette (or gay anon?) I feel you the holidays are lame, just makes me focus on my lack of a social life. Especially after a breakup this time of the year, you'll find someone, not many people would give a shit about some dude on /adv/ enough to answer, if it's worth much you seem to be a caring person. gl with everything
>>
>>17910122
Well what's your opinion. I and a few other people already wrote ours
>>
Yes, just like every other year.
>>
>>17910157
Don't you have family or friends to go to?
>>
>>17910162
Parents went to vacation home to drink, my "friends" never invite me anywhere.
>>
File: 1483131148832.jpg (24KB, 329x340px) Image search: [Google]
1483131148832.jpg
24KB, 329x340px
I'm debating on going to my brother's place or staying at home with my Dad because my mom is a major cunt and left him while she went to a party. They're close to getting a divorce, sleeping in separate rooms and she just talked to him today about moving out. So he's sitting downstairs super depressed watching TV. What do?
>>
I'm contemplating staying in alone tonight because my other plans fell through, and at least I won't end up throwing some kind of a tantrum. But I'm going to go watch the second half of the Fiesta Bowl with a friend in a minute, so we'll see what goes on after. I hate his girlfriend but I might just grit my teeth and deal with her.
>>
>>17910166
Why doesn't your brother come to your dad's? Or bring your dad to your bro's? Don't leave him alone imo
>>
>>17910166
Well i suggest you go out. I think you'll feel better if you're not home now.
>>
>>17910170
My brother is having some friends over and his roommate is too. Be kinda weird having my 60year old dad at a party of a bunch of 25 year olds and shit. I think I'm gonna stay here with him and watch some movies or something.
>>
>>17910147
Thanks anon. I am a girl btw lol
>>
>>17910165
That sucks. You could try making new friends or reastablishing the connection with old ones
>>
>>17910186
I was a loner in HS so I never had many, and my university friends live far from me, the few that I already have. I've done everything I could, I'm just going to text a girl I like at midnight and then probably get no response
>>
>>17910179
Well anonette then happy early new years may 2017 make all your dreams come true.
>>
>>17910002
Yeah, but mostly because of the events of last night that make me feel lonely. I didn't do anything autistic, but a drunk friend that was licking my neck and giggling in my ear definitely reminded me of how much I miss the warmth of someone.
>>
>>17909743
jesus, same
>>
>>17910196
It's not already midnight in your country, that's interesting. Where are you from if I may ask. Are you going to text her something like happy NY? Why do you think she won't respond
>>
Same as every other day, alone and sad
>>
I hate when people slowly kill your plans instead of just saying its not happening. Planned on going into the city to see the fireworks with my cousin, do some drugs and get drunk but nooo, she's gonna hear of some party in the hood that hasn't started and since they have a DJ, there's probably gonna be twerking/ grinding. Not where I want to be.
>>
>>17910209
Well, thanks anon. I wish you a really nice year too. It was nice talking to you, so thanks
>>
I got dumped today. 7 years together.

I don't even know anymore.
Some friends came over, great support, but was alone around midnight, they all had places to be. Understandably.
>>
>>17910213
Murica, last place to celebrate, it's 8:00. She never really seems to reply all that often if I do text her, or she waits to reply to me. She almost always initiates conversation in person though, although she purposely avoided me for a couple weeks for some reason. She makes no sense but I like that for some reason.
>>
>>17910221
Anytime, glad to make someone's life a little less shitty, nice talking to you too
>>
>>17910230
Well there is a chance she likes you. Text her to greet her and try to initiate a conversation. I wish you luck anon
>>
>>17910229
I feel you anon, it gets better. The holidays are a shitty time to get dumped but keep busy as much as you can, spend time with friends and cut contact
>>
Yeah the worst thing is that the internet is pretty much empty, even this place, and there is nowhere to hang out. I wouldn't want to go to /b/ or /r9k/ for that.
Anyway, I don't care being alone, but I am bored.
>>
I want to but my mother is forcing me to come to a stupid obligatory family party.

They all ignore me and treat me like a drug addict or some sociopath yet my mother doesn't care. She'd rather save her own face while dragging me over.

I fucking wish I could spend new years alone.
>>
i'm used to it
>>
>>17910114
Yes
>>
>>17910229
>.
Are you me, but from the past? Exact same thing, but without the friends part... Hopefully they will be coming any time soon :)
>>
new years is just a normal day with people thinking it's something special.
Or is it an excuse i'm making up to feel better.
>>
also rip ozone layer
>>
I am, I wish I could get drunk but my family would notice tomorrow, at least I wish I had some friends to chat with tonight. I'll probably grind my drawing or go to omegle to talk with strangers just to feel a little less alone and then go to sleep.
>>
>>17910307
excuse, every day is just the same if you ignore the social value they have
>>
I just jerked off and ordered a pizza. Home alone.

I'm just ready to graduate next year, move out, reinvent myself in a new city, and start making money.
>>
>>17910317
Explain this social value?
>>
In a sense, yes. Gotta wake up for my winter job at 4:40am.
>>
>>17910337
people party and it's an official holiday in most places.
>>
yup, no friends where I have my apartment since they went home for winter holiday. though, I doubt they'd hit me up if they were here. also my roommate peace'd out around 2-3pm today and at this point I'm assuming he's not coming back for the rest of the year.
I don't really have the money/patience to go to a bar tonight, and I'd rather not deal with drunks on icy roads; so I'm getting drunk at home and watching netflix
>>
Yeah. Got a bug from family, throat is killing me and I've been sleeping all day. I forgot today was even New Years.

Probably would have spent it alone either way.
>>
>>17909628
I'm working tonight

but if I wasn't I'd be alone. All my friends are cool but I'm just a square.
>>
>>17910166
I suggest beating your mother into a bloody pulp
>>
At least you guys have friends to feel left alone by.
>>
>>17909920
I go for jogs, I just can't do it in the morning. I'm not a morning person.
>>
My plan

>2209 EST
>just got home from work
>currently shitting in toilet
>will go put some breaded shrimp in the oven
>eat breaded shrimp and watch The Simpsons on TV until 2330
>go to bed
>wake up at 0800
>go to the gym at 0900
>go home at 1000
>eat lots of eggs and milk
>watch the news from 1000-1230
>go to work
>repeat every day

it's efficient, right?
>>
>>17910491
You don't need to workout everyday especially if you're lifting weights. If you have to do something, space out your weight training days and run on your off days.
>>
I spent NYE with a couple of 'friends' and some of their family.
Most of the time that I was there I was wishing I was back at home drinking some stronger alchohol, thinking some of the 2016 away, if that sounds comprehensible
>>
>>17910498

Ok well, to be fair. My workout plan is 2 days on, 1 off, 2 days on, 2 off. So maybe my daily plan isn't "exactly" the same. Only difference is on my off days I just start watching the news 1 hour earlier than normal.
>>
>>17910465
Anon I'd love to be a guy you talk to about your daily shit. You got steam?
>>
>>17910504
Just go to /fit/ and follow one of their plans. Essentially, weight-lift 3-4 times a week, do your compound lifts, and a few accessories. Run afterwards and/or on your off days.
>>
>>17909628
With a table of 7 people playing dnd, how do you fucks find no one to spend time with?
>>
>>17910271
Buddy I don't know your exact situation or story, since there are always two sides.
The only (personal) advice I can give you is cut out whomever is toxic to you, be it blood related or not, and make your life the best you can make it
>>
>>17910508
No, I'm sorry. Thanks for your concern.
>>
>>17909628
No I am lying in bed with my husband while our two kids sleep waiting for them to wake up when all
The fireworks and gunshots go off at midnight ...
>>
>>17910533
I thought only broken people browsed this place.
>>
>>17910513

I'm on a good workout plan... I've been seeing results. Why would I change it
>>
>>17910533

Do you live in Chicago?
>>
>>17910538
Ah I assumed you were a resolutioner, well then keep it up. If you start to stall though check out different reputable plans. That's how I broke plateaus when I started to stall.
>>
>>17910529
Since I'm not comfortable giving out my phone number here, I honest to fucking god hope you'll be okay. The holidays may seem like a big fucking deal to an '''''''outsider'''''' but remember, they're just another day. No big fucking deal if you spend the holidays alone. I have spent some holidays alone in the past and I was just glad to have some days off.
I don't know if any of my rantings/stories help or affect you, just know that some random anon in the depths of the Netherlands cares about you buddy.
>>
>>17910544

Ohhhh I get it. honestly even tho I know tonight is NYE, I didn't realize tomorrow is the first of the year.

I've never celebrated New Years before, not even as a child. so I forgot that the whole resolution band wagon thing starts tomorrow
>>
>>17910153
/pol/, /b/ and all related boards? I guess? I've been here 5-6 years now, and it seems like the edgelords have got even edgier. Not going to say /adv/ is chill but it's a little more even-tempered.
>>
I smiled when I saw this thread I'm glad I'm with you guys on this one.
>>
>>17910548
I really appreciate it, but I'm not really bitter or depressed by the fact that I'm alone because I know that I'm a really boring and closed person that drives people away, it's my responsibility.
Again, thanks from Brazil, would love to share a beer with you, or maybe try weed for the first time.
>>
File: IMG_20161222_183719.jpg (675KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161222_183719.jpg
675KB, 2048x1536px
>>17909628
Yes, and thank Fuck.

Haven't been alone for a while now and the peace and silence is truly a gift.

That said I would def prefer to have my ldr SO alongside me. But silence is a good compromise.
>>
File: 1482788681086.png (135KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1482788681086.png
135KB, 500x529px
Talking to a friend on PSN but fuck me am I lonely
>>
>>17909628
I am, but this year by choice.

I've been working non-stop for weeks. I deserve a little break.
>>
So I was recently given a big bag of kratom, should I try some? All alone and nothing else to do. Anyone have any experience?
>>
>>17910561
>>17910596
Being a '''boring and closed person''' does not mean you will be lonely for life. I can not offer you words of wisdom or anything insightful of the sorts, I can only tell you the tales of a person that has lived through and experienced these parts of life. You will find a SO through the mess that is our lives, women are not special snowflakes, they work through the same shit as we do. Besides education and careers will develop depending on the amount of work you're willing to devote to it.

Anons, reliving the new years spirit, I wish you a very lucky healthy and happy twothousandandseventeen.

A couple more random things I learned in my years: Think of others how you would think yourself in certain situations; Are you desperately thinking about that one girl you wanna ask out? Think about how you would feel if a random girl would ask you out, and what your reaction would be. Etc.
>>
>>17909628
I'm planning to do the countdown with my grammy then immediately go to bed.
>>
Sadly yes, texted a girl I barely knew on a whim asking if she wanted to meetup sometime. I got a decent first response and it seemed to be leading somewhere when she asked what I was doing for New Years. Said she was going to a party and I thought that it was a good idea to ask if I could come. She said nah it's a closed party. I might have a mild case of autism but I felt like asking what I was doing for New Years was suggesting that she wanted to hang out . At least I wasn't left on read or given a "hell no" to begin with.
>>
>>17910651
Yea I mean you tried man, and it's reasonable to believe that it wouldn't be ok to bring random people a party. Play the field, try and see if she wants to hang out (try and specify a time and date.) If she's flaky move on but feel good that you actually tried.
>>
Yeah because I have a gap between my two front teeth and am too poor to pay for braces

Another drink bartender!
>>
>>17910667
You would think maybe, but after I was asked if paying for stuff was an issue then I folded and said maybe another time then. Then i got hit with a "yeah maybe". For some reason i feel like that is worse than a "yeah maybe some other time"
>>
>>17910709
Paying for stuff? What do you mean?

And if you get turned down for hanging out with someone don't press the issue. Stuff happens. If it happens again though you know it's best to move on.

I'm guilty of it too man but you can't let these things bother you. Just keep pushing on. Progress is progress.
>>
I mixed up sentence structure my b. I meant to say I asked if me paying for stuff was the issue because it was a house party. Cuz ya know i can solve that problem now instead of the i don't really know you problem.
>>
>>17910718
Thanks for the advice. Have a Happy New Year, man. BTW i fucked up and replied to some of the questions you asked in a post above this one without referencing you.
>>
>>17910766
Yea house parties are iffy. Back in my "social" days we threw a lot of parties at my buddies and it wasn't cool for people to just be inviting whoever willy nilly. So don't take it personal.

Have a good new year too man.
>>
Yes broke up with my gf of two years yesterday and I have no other friends
>>
Yes, but I did go to a party of three a couple nights ago. My two chums and I got stoned and ate pizza to the breakfast club. So that was sweet
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.