[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mattress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: mattress-005.jpg (1MB, 6459x2634px) Image search: [Google]
mattress-005.jpg
1MB, 6459x2634px
Hey, I have a fairly new mattress at my old apartment that I need to move to my new apartment basically tomorrow/new year's eve. The mattress is $500 and since it's only a half mile move the mover's fees will be around $100-150 probably.
The real catch is that in a couple weeks I'll have to do this again (moving to a more permanent arrangement a block away), and since nofriends and nolicense I can't really do it on my own.

Should I spend ~50% of its cost on moving it, or just donate it to charity and buy a new one? Charity sounds like a nice thing to do
>>
>>17908436
But .. what about the rest of you stuff ? Regardless .. if you can afford a new one go with the charity - as you write it's a good thing to do
>>
File: diy-mattress-m.jpg (36KB, 537x402px) Image search: [Google]
diy-mattress-m.jpg
36KB, 537x402px
>>17908466
Rest of my stuff is easy to carry. I hate the idea of owning anything over 40 pounds that can't be rolled or dismantled.

Semi related, are there any old-fashioned stuffed/layered mattresses that are any good?
>>
File: 1162881906310.gif (5KB, 153x169px) Image search: [Google]
1162881906310.gif
5KB, 153x169px
Fuck movers, rent a uHaul and grab a buddy. Return the uHaul same day and its $17 when they refund the initial $80. Buy your buddy some fuckin tacos and you just moved everything for $40. Plus you get tacos.
>>
>>17908493
Only futons imo .. personally considering buying a memory foam top mattress
>>
>>17908436
If you don't have access to a van or a pick up, for the sake of half a mile I'd offer a couple of young lads a slab of beer to just carry it over there.
>>
>>17908436
Donate it to the curb.
Buy an air mattress and a pump. Refill mattress every few days.
Or just sleep on the ground. You really don't need a mattress. You will adapt to the ground in a few days.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.