[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LDR, Protective Parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1479625925748.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1479625925748.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
My girlfriend and I have been together for over a year now. We met over Skype and thats mainly where our relationship has stayed - we call every day. We've only gotten to see each other offline twice, the first time being introductory, and the second was meant to be a little more private and sexual.
Unfortunately, her parents knew I had come, and prevented her from being alone with me. We are both 20.

On one hand I feel like I have to respect her parents, but on the other I feel like it's wrong for them to keep their daughter locked away like this, especially when even her crying to her parents about wanting to see me won't make them budge. I'd like to gain their trust, but when I have so little physical time in the area she lives due to living a country apart, there just isn't enough time to get them to trust me.

What should we do, for the next we see each other? We were thinking that next time it would be best to not tell them at all that I'm there, and just have her say she's going to a friend's place for the night. But at the same time, would that really be the right thing to do?

We're both 20. She lives in Sacramento, I live in Ontario.

tl;dr, my LDR partner has extremely protective parents that won't let us have time together even when I travel across the country to see her. Any advice on how to handle this?
>>
>>17908267
>Any advice on how to handle this?
It's not really for you to do anything. There isn't much you can do, especially since it's an LDR. She needs to stand up to her parents, or move out.

>We were thinking that next time it would be best to not tell them at all that I'm there, and just have her say she's going to a friend's place for the night. But at the same time, would that really be the right thing to do?
If something goes wrong or they suspect anything, they're just going to tighten the reigns. Doing shit behind their backs is not going to make them trust the two of you more.

And you need to consider this from their perspective. You're just some guy from Canada that their daughter met online. They have no idea who the fuck you are and whether you really are who you say you are. Yes, we live in a more globalised world, but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to be concerned for her safety.
>>
>>17908281
>And you need to consider this from their perspective. You're just some guy from Canada that their daughter met online. They have no idea who the fuck you are and whether you really are who you say you are. Yes, we live in a more globalised world, but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to be concerned for her safety.

I realize this but it isn't their decision what happens. We are both adults in an adult relationship and regardless of how uncomfortable they are with this they should have to deal with it. Instead they forcefully kept her in their house and wouldn't let her leave (her dad has a good 2 feet on her, and has physically kept her from leaving before). That isn't ok.
>>
>>17908295
If you're going to pull the "we're adults!" card, you have to remember that they're under no obligation to let her live under their roof now that she's no longer under 18. If she doesn't like their restrictions, she can always move out.
>>
>>17908299
>she can always move out
They are physically preventing her from leaving. Not just to see me, but in general. She would like to move out. They won't allow it.
>>
>>17908301
So they don't let her out of the house, period? That if she did leave, they'd forcibly bring her back? Is that what you're telling us?
>>
>>17908305
They will let her leave if they can accompany her. They very rarely let her leave on her own, and if she tries to while her parents aren't willing to let her leave, she is physically stopped. It prevents her from getting a job, and making the money she needs to move out. Talks with her parents about moving out end with them saying its not happening anytime soon.
>>
>>17908312
What are they going to do if she just up and leaves one day? This really sounds like a case where she just needs to grow some balls, to be honest.
>>
>>17908313
She'd like to leave but she has nowhere else to go, and can't afford to stay anywhere that would cost money because her parents don't let her out enough to get and keep a job.
>>
>>17908324
She has no friends or family she could stay with? There's no refuge center she could go to?
>>
>>17908325
Not within walking distance.
>>
>>17908329
Then lend her some money so she can get to where she needs to be
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.