[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop being bitter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3171.jpg (139KB, 788x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3171.jpg
139KB, 788x1024px
A little bit about myself, I'm 26 and I am a firefighter in a major us city.

I've been incredibly bitter about the world since I got on the job 3 years ago. A few shifts ago we had a call where some guy car jacked a girl and made her drive him out of the city. She resisted while on the freeway and escaped. Traffic stopped due to this, so he gets out and starts jumping on other people's cars. One person, he shoots 3 times in the neck chest and elbow. This was our patient for the call. It was determined at the hospital this kid who was 21 and just driving down the highway for whatever reason is now going to be paralyzed for the rest of his life because of the bullet that went through his neck.

This is just one call but I've been on countless fucked up things like it. Seen dead babies because of shitty parents. Things I couldn't even imagine before hand. It's made me incredibly bitter about humanity. I don't think I ever want to have a family now and bring them into a world like this.

Is there any way to be more positive about things? I can see myself slowly spiraling out and I don't want to be so angry and jaded
>>
>>17907981
Even at your job, you're seeing only a tiny part of how horrible humanity is ... the positive side is that we were much, much, much worse couple decades/centuries ago and constantly improve. It still sucks and it's likely that humanity will continue sucking during your lifetime but progress is there and it's massive if you look back in history.
>>
>>17907981
Now listen here OP. You need to get professional help RIGHT NOW. You need to be able to deal with that shit in a professional way. Source: Being in a War.
>>
Do some volunteer work feeding homeless people or building low income housing or some shit. Get to know other people doing the same. Congrats, you now have some of the best people humanity has to offer in your life.
>>
Well Im no expert, but I would recommend hanging out in places that expose you to the good of society, to cancel out the effects of your job. Walk around a park or something like that
>>
>>17908029
This
>>
watching a lot of nature documentaries and reading biology books makes me love life
>>
So, wheres the fire in that story?
Or am i missing something big here?

I work as a firefighter too. At first I had the same issues, although I was in the military before that, however I didn't see military action.
We had an on site shrink, talking the one helps a lot, and it's basically mandatory after a tough call when there are casualties or a colleague dies.
I'll tell you something, it won't get easier, you'll just become numb to it.
Look at it like this, the world is fucked up, people are shitty people, but it would be a little bit worse without people like you around.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.