[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quiet down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 16702-200.png (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
16702-200.png
6KB, 200x200px
So when I talk to people I always try and be the funny goofy idiot that makes them laugh, I love making people laugh at jokes and shit but it's starting to affect my image and how I look at myself. It's to the point that no one takes me seriously anymore and it's just a weird feeling if I act serious about something. Like it even feels weird to me at the point also and I'm getting concerned. How can I slowly climb up the ladder again and have a more serious, respectable aura going on.

For example at work if I come in and don't say a joke or something for like 15 minutes people ask if I'm depressed and ok. My boss actually thought one time I was depressed and asked if I wanted to go home and get my mind off of it. I was perfectly fine tho, just a little sleepy and didn't want to talk right away.
>>
>>17907652
sounds like Bill Murray-itus. I kind of feel the same way, and am curious to know a solution to this.
>>
>>17907659
What's that lol
>>
File: doubles god.jpg (6KB, 229x229px) Image search: [Google]
doubles god.jpg
6KB, 229x229px
>>17907666
checked.

Bill Murray has gone through something similar for his entire life. He only recently discussed it publicly. That's why he always seems to play his silly, sarcastic self in every movie he's in.
>>
>>17907680
I hope there's a way to change this then, I want to be taken seriously to some extent and respected, not just be that guy who makes jokes. And I've tried to not make jokes with people and just talk regularly and it's just weird to everyone honestly. They've even told me it's weird that I'm being serious for once.
>>
>>17907689
I understand completely, bro. Wish I could help.

hopefully someone else will come to the rescue.
>>
>>17907652
I have the exact same problem, OP, except people just think I'm an asshole

>friends and I hanging out
>they do something I don't like
>"Hey man knock it off"
>"You don't have to be a dick, anon, we're just having fun"
but when *I* do something similar, I'm the fucking anti-christ
>>
>>17907718
I guess we can call what we have stereotypes we made for ourselves then. Just have to try and change it though
>>
>>17907718

In that scenario:

>A: They might be douchebags
>B: You might be overreacting
>C: You're the fall guy in that group, since it seems like it's always more than one person vs. you
>>
>>17907652
Well OP there's making jokes and being a joke. If I was gonna psychoanalyze you, I'd say that you're constantly looking for approval, and that growing up you didn't receive much attention/was only praised for being funny.

Anyways taper it down a bit, I guarantee all those jokes can't be funny, so start off by filtering out the shittier ones.
>>
>>17907652

For some reason people think everyone has only one frame of mind, one personality, one way of doing things, and if you do something different from that you're weird.

Don't worry about your self-image. Unless people are openly hating you and telling you you're a piece of shit, I don't think your image in the eyes of the public has much that needs changed. Be silly, be fun, but do it at your own pace and discretion. Do it because you enjoy it, and other people enjoy it as well.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.