[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly are K-pop and J-pop idols appealing or popular? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Why exactly are K-pop and J-pop idols appealing or popular? I always knew my boyfriend liked Korean music, but I've recently discovered he's really really into it. He has favorite K-pop idols and talks about them online and writes angry messages if someone says something rude about his favorite idol. His favorite is a girl named Tayeon or something.

I'm only familiar with Psy's Gangum Style and the girl in the video, Hyuna. I think I would like to be more like an idol, whatever that is, if he likes them. But I've been watching their music videos, and they don't seem much different than a typical pop singer with autotune and genetic songs.

TLDR: how do I be a real life version of Korean idol?
>>
>>17907631
your boyfriend might be a closet homo.
>>
Ask /mu/.
>>
>>17907660
Nothing says homosexual like liking sexy young girls.
>>
Jesus Christ! Why am i reading about gay K-pop stuff in 4chan, first of all young lady (I'm assuming you are probably a teenager) A dude who likes K-pop bubblegum is not anywhere near a dude. Unless he has sexual fantasies for those apple peeled skin, long legs women and masturbates on them then ok, but defending them online is just plain weird.
>>
>>17907631
I don't like the music but I love their style and I watch make up artists like PONY makeup on youtube to get that asiany look.

However, about the fandom, it's really weird. My sister has been into that shit for like at least 8 years now and she is obsessed. All she does is tweet about korean boy band guys and tag them and such. And it actually got her noticed by her favorite singer. She would follow them around on tour in front row with a bunch of friends she met from the fandom. He picked her out of some group chat thing and she won free tickets and shit.

But she completely idolizes them. My sister is a 26 year old woman, and her room is covered in boy band posters and memorabilia.

I have attempted to try to think about it on some kinda psychological level. Whenever we talk about it, she says she is embarrassed of it, but the music and fandom makes her feel good.

The root of it all is completely beyond me. I thought it was just a phase, but my sister's life revolves around this.
>>
Get 4 hours of sleep a day
Practice dance routines the other 20
And dont let your caloric intake exceed 100
>>
>>17907753
That's called Pursuing the Fantasy. She lives vicariously through, feel like she got their fame and respect through their admiration.
Years ago, it would have been the Beatles, Elvis or Michael Jackson.
>>
>>17907753
Yeah, my boyfriend is the same way. I was a little shocked when I finally got to know him and his online patterns better. At first, I thought he only fapped to Asian girls, but he follows a lot of girl bands. He knows all the members and their distinctive personalities.

I thought it was weird. He is in his mid twenties, and he's "defending" these Korean girls he doesn't know. It's always weird stuff too, like how dare someone walk around on stage when Tayeon is singing a solo live, or one girl is not given more exposure when she is prettier than another girl, why Girls Generation is better than SNES, or vice versa
>>17907729

Why does your sister like a particular boy band member over the others? Do they have special qualities, like being eloquent or witty, or does she like their artistic vision?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.