[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the loneliness of being single? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

How do you deal with the loneliness of being single?

I've never had a boyfriend and the loneliness is affecting my quality of life.
>>
File: 1476411849245.jpg (201KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1476411849245.jpg
201KB, 1080x1349px
>>17907285

By getting a bf.

-Stacy
>>
Are you asking how certain people can be okay being alone?

The standard distractions of life are usually there to keep you away from such simple thoughts. Tv/ movies, music, books, all that jazz.

The only people I know who haven't been in a relationship and are fine with it are asexuals. It's normal for everyone else to not like being alone. "Deal with it" makes it sound like you want to do some sort of one time offer and never have to worry about the feeling again, which is impossible.
>>
>>17907304

>asexuals

What, like the .001% of the population?
>>
>>17907311
No.
>>
>>17907285
What kind of loneliness are you talking about, though? The wanting of someone to be intimate with? Lust? A good friend?
>>
If you'd like to get out and meet people to make friends, I'd suggest searching on a website like meetups.com or something and find a group that meets in your area that does something you're interested in. There's something for everyone.
>>
>>17907318

> the prevalence of asexuality in Britain is only 0.4% for people between the ages of 16-44.
>not tweaked numbers

hue hue
>>
>>17907324
This, I'd suggest making friends before trying to find a SO.
>>
>>17907285

I know this probably doesn't make sense, and I'm a guy, not a girl, but the total freedom of being single is fucking wonderful. I've been in relationships, and for as much as I desperately wanted to meet "the right girl," I'd set up all of these false expectations, finally met someone that I totally thought felt them, and she dragged my life down like an anchor.

Having someone who couldn't stop caring about me was super annoying. She didn't have her own set of friends, she was constantly on the back of my mind as someone I had to appease, she was very nice, but just too attached.

Since I dumped her, it's been a breath of fresh air. I can eat what I want, party when I want, scratch my balls when I want... I struggle to think I'll ever want to be in another relationship again.

I used to be a totally hopeless romantic, for what it's worth. She was a very nice girl, and I feel bad that it didn't work out, and I promised the world... but eh. It's great doing my own thing.
>>
>>17907330
>Britain
I think you're on the wrong site here, buddy.
>>
>>17907337
You sound like an asshole.
>>
>>17907321
>>17907324
>>17907331

I have friends but I'm still lonely in the sense that I don't have intimate companionship

Everyone I know is in a couple or dating, I'm always the third wheel, it just makes me feel worthless and lonely.

I have to go back to an empty apartment.
>>
>>17907285
Just tell anons your a/s/l and you may get lucky and meet someone right here, rn.
>>
>>17907350
Obviously, you don't have any issues talking to people then. Why do you think you've never had a boyfriend before? Or have you had instances that didn't work out?
>>
>>17907350
Are you fat or bad looking? Do you take care of yourself?

This might seem superficial but when first meeting someone we are all superficial, it's inevitable, you can't judge a person true self in a single date.
>>
>>17907370
Guys just haven't been interested in me. I'm not that attractive, but I do my best

I'm tired of trying to get a boyfriend I just want to be happy by myself instead of lonely and sad.
>>
>>17907337
Kinda bitchy sounding.
>>
>>17907344

I'm an asshole because it turns out that a relationship sucked? Okay.
>>
>>17907378

Me or her?
>>
>>17907350
I've always been like you. Im male, currently 29.
I seek friends on the internet and i have had sex with hookers, so im not virgin, but my life is sad.

Im not some junkie, i have a job and an apartment. I live in a big city. Im completely isolated.
>>
>>17907374
>I'm not that attractive
Have you ever posted a pic on /soc/ to see if that's true? You might be surprised.
>>
>>17907389
4/10 I got, a while ago
>>
>>17907374
Give us a pic to further realize what you look like.
Only then.
>>
>>17907395
It doesn't matter

I just want advice on how to be happy alone.
>>
>>17907395
She's fat and doesn't want to send pictures.
>>
>>17907398
Get a pet.
>>
>>17907394
4/10 for someone can easily be 8/10 for someone else.

>>17907398
You don't need to. Say, what do you like to do?
>>
>>17907382
kinda bitchy sounding that she cared a lot for you but you found it annoying
>>
>>17907403
I like to read and walk around new cities.
>>
>>17907410
Interesting. How would you describe yourself?
>>
>>17907389
I'm a guy experiencing the same kind of loneliness as OP and people tend to rate me 6-8.5/10 on /soc/, I look at some of the other people getting the same ratings as me from girls and I'm surprised. Some of them look like they'd easily get a girlfriend or don't belong on 4chan.

What exactly do I do to start dating since I'm apparently not-ugly? I'm avoidant as hell sometimes.
>>
>>17907423
I have no idea as well, the fact that people actually have sex irl baffles me.
>>
>>17907409

Being cared about to that degree can be annoying. I made it 28 years in life without her checking up on me. I wanted a partner, not a new mom.
>>
>>17907374
If that's the case, write down what you want to do/see/acomplish and put it somewhere you will see it daily.
The most content I ever felt was dropping 20 something pounds in a month and a half from daily jogging. Each jog was a grind, but I was always happy at the end of each one. I saw my stomach get smaller, my speed get faster, and my overall attitude improve. That honestly was the happiest I felt in a long time.
>>
>>17907418
I've been told that I'm very childlike and girly. I also speak too loudly or too quietly, never in-between

I guess I'm not particularly fun to be around, I'm not that great of a conversationalist and I'm not wild in any way.
>>
>>17907433
>I've been told that I'm very childlike and girly.
Cute.

>I also speak too loudly or too quietly, never in-between
Don't worry I've been asked to lower my voice too. Probably just something we cannot help

>I guess I'm not particularly fun to be around, I'm not that great of a conversationalist
You can learn this. It's good to be able to know to hold a conversation.

>and I'm not wild in any way.
Many of us, myself included, aren't wild either.

And here I was worried that girls needed an adventurous man.
>>
>>17907285
just take really hard classes. and when youre not studying just watch a movie. youll never think about men again.
>>
>>17907285
I've been single for about 3 years now, and it's tough. I'm 24 and a good looking guy, but my interpersonal relationships have wreaked havoc on me.

I swapped schools often when I was younger and I was naturally shy, so I wound up a target for verbal abuse. This continued from about 4th grade through the end of high school. I managed to meet someone and fall in love in there, and we were together for about 2 years prior to my being dumped. In hindsight, the relationship was highly toxic. She was a compulsive liar and manipulative, but I ignored that and withstood abuse and heart break out of delusion of love.

The start of university was better socially. I had a large social circle for the first year or so, met a girl and we started a relationship the spring of our freshmen year. I didn't think I could love anyone that much, I realized how messed up my first relationship had been. A few months in I thought about how I could genuinely see a life with her. To keep things concise; she decided that having the opportunity to be free to sleep with whoever she wanted during college outweighed our relationship and she left me a year and a half in.

I'm naturally picky about people, and the ones I get along with I wind up having a near constant flow of comedic adventures and conversations that wind up with both of us becoming better people. For some reason the only girl I've had that sort of chemistry with in the last 3 years is my step-sister, and that's having gone on dates with at least 50 different women (with 0 second dates), and trying to make friends with anyone who isn't brain dead.

I cope by working on me. I'm working towards a doctorate, I lift, I do martial arts, I read, I make sure the people I'm close to know how much they mean to me and foster my ability to give love. I do my best not to become jaded, I do my best to practice openness. I do this because I know that I will find someone who appreciates who and what I am.

Good luck op.
>>
>>17907285
Distract yourself by meeting new people. Not only will the loneliness go away, you're more likely to find a cute bf

Join a club, go to events, etc.
>>
File: 789988989.png (490KB, 644x587px) Image search: [Google]
789988989.png
490KB, 644x587px
>>17907433
>I've been told that I'm very childlike and girly.
That's cute. There is definitely someone out there for you with that type of personality
>I also speak too loudly or too quietly, never in-between
That's a legitimate problem that you need to fix. It annoys people and throws them off. Not only that but your life will be a lot harder if you don't learn how to control your volume. Buy a self-help book for speech and read it multiple times (if it's actually helpful). It's nothing to be ashamed of. Even the great J. Edgar Hoover needed self-help books.
>I guess I'm not particularly fun to be around, I'm not that great of a conversationalist and I'm not wild in any way.
You're likely under this impression because during your school years you likely saw people having a blast in the background while you sat in class silently

I went through the same (assuming I'm right) throughout high school and parts of college. Turns out, I just wasn't making an effort into making friends. I actually have a lot to say, and I didn't even know it, I just had to let it out. I had the problem of comparing people's highlights (Snap stories, Instagram, Facebook, etc) and thought "Man, I'm SO BORING." but then I realized that I go out equally as much as they do, but I never post it to social media so I was under the impression that their lives were so much better than mine. Especially since I was a prime bullying target in middle school and 9th grade because I had absolutely zero balls

If I'm wrong: evaluate what you think makes you boring and fix it (Note: This does not mean "change who you are" because at that point why even bother fixing yourself)

I hope you get that bf, OP. Good luck!
>>
>>17907426
Alright you do you
>>
Vodka
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.