[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Father dislikes the gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1399868139963.jpg (80KB, 600x607px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399868139963.jpg
80KB, 600x607px
>am pretty serious about her (we're both 23)
>father takes her as seriously as my relationship when 12
>he doesn't like her because she has a thyroid condition (read: NOT fat, but other health problems that make her not so healthy)
>can't be arsed to remember her name
>another example: she bought me some special headrests for my car because it's very meaningful to both of us
>"You can get those at the dollar store you know"
>confronted him before about what his problem is, and he talks like I'm 12, "there's other girls and you're still very young" etc

Shit like that makes me fly up the wall. How do I deal with it? She's only becoming more important to me and it does bother me that my father is an ass about her
>>
Went through something very similar recently. Don't have any advice, I just know that I'll be keeping stuff like that more to myself the next time.

It's not really any of his business.
>>
>>17907029
>he doesn't like her because she has a thyroid condition
It just means she has to work harder to lose weight, not that she can't lose weight.

Maybe its something he doesn't want to tell you....are you a mixed race couple? if you are thats the problem and your dad is right.
>>
In this age of millennialism, it's hard to give this advice but have you ever stopped for 5 minutes and thought that your dad has much more experience than you and has your best interests at heart?

Your dad obviously sees that this girl is or will drag you down with her and having only regard for your well being is trying to make you see the error of your ways.

I'd pay atleast some heed to what he's saying, after all he obviously has raised you and clearly wants you to be a successful man.
You should feel feeling thankful for having a father like yours and try never to let any woman come in between the two of you.

Good luck.
>>
>>17907029
>>he doesn't like her because she has a thyroid condition
So why doesn't he like her? Is she actually heavy, if not fat?

Maybe he doesn't like the idea of unhealthy grandkids.
>>
>>17907029

You are very young

Wait ten years and try again, you aren't ready for marriage and your dad is right.
>>
File: MsZZeDF.jpg (48KB, 617x937px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MsZZeDF.jpg
48KB, 617x937px
My dad kinda acted the same way, although not such an obvious dick. It turns out that he just wanted me to go out there and get my dick wet. He regrets not fucking every type of girl under the sun so now he's trying to live through me.

My brother married a girl with a thyroid condition. She's a fatty mcfat who's only getting fatter, and now she's entirely incapable of conceiving children. Careful with that.
>>
>>17907029

What have you been eating lately?
>>
>>17907048
>>17907099
She is not fat at all.
>>
>>17907029
U better listen to your old man. Ive been in relation for 3 years... I Was crazy about her. However she could give me so many lessons, that I became anxious on so many levels. My parents at some point start advising me to break up with her... But i could not... Ended with broken heart because she was the one that broke up, becajse of... "characters differences"...
Your pa is probably right...
>>
>>17907077
Winner winner chicken dinner.

23 is young anon, and don't you want to give your future children the best?
>>
Listen to your father, he is being a jerk but he is right.

Fool around some more before setting down, you will regret much later (and might start acting stupid) if you don't
>>
>>17907099
>Maybe he doesn't like the idea of unhealthy grandkids.

It's probably this. Autoimmune conditions tend to run in the family. Check out helminth therapy. I understand your dad; I also understand y'all's side.
>>
>>17909086

>Helminthic therapy, an experimental type of immunotherapy, is the treatment of autoimmune diseases and immune disorders by means of deliberate infestation with a helminth or with the ova of a helminth. Helminths are parasitic worms such as hookworms, whipworms, and threadworms that have evolved to live within a host organism on which they rely for nutrients.[1] These worms are members of two phyla; nematodes, which are primarily used in human helminthic therapy, and flat worms.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy
This may be the single most idiotic therapy I have ever come across.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.