[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to have swollen lymph nodes for a long time? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: misa-suzumi-04454766.jpg (606KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
misa-suzumi-04454766.jpg
606KB, 1280x1920px
Is it normal to have swollen lymph nodes for a long time? I have one on the back of my neck behind my right ear that has been noticeably bigger than the one on the left for like 3 or 4 years. I would go to my doctor but he always says everything is fine and never gives me an explanation why. (Other than cancer at my age would be "very rare")
>>
>>17906791
Go to another doctor that sounds fucked
>>
Did you ever get lab work done? Like blood labs? If not get it done, you can do it on demand from your Dr.
>>
>>17906810
Yeah I've had one round of bloodwork done each year for the last two years and he said everything was normal.
>>17906798
Well I have literally zero symptoms of lymphoma so I'm afraid of wasting 2 hours in a clinic just to be told "ur fine pls go"
>>
>>17906819
I wouldn't call 2 hours "wasted" when considering how many hours are at stake

A second opinion on such is always a good thing

I wouldn't see 4 of them but at least a second
>>
>>17906819
Try seeing another doctor other than your primary care, couldn't hurt unless you don't have a lot of money. Also ask your parents if they or any of their family members have genetic precedent for cancer.
>>
>>17906826
Well when you've been told "Nothing is wrong seeya" as many times as I have you sort of start feeling like seeing a doctor is a waste of time. It's not that I don't realize how important early detection is, it's that the odds of me having cancer are in the 0.4% range. Regardless I suppose you're right, I'll see if I can go to a walk-in today. I just wish they would do the cancer test immediately. Unless you look like you're stage 3, they just treat you like you have a little virus and won't do anything for you.
>>17906832
Well it's free in Canada so it only costs time. Nobody in my family has had cancer, but genetics only increase the likelihood of cancer by 5%.
>>
>>17906791

Probably stress, take it easy for a while, probably nothing serious at all.

Don't work yourself up into being a hypochondriac
>>
>>17906791

I've had a "dead" lymph node on the back of my head for 15 years or so. Doctor said it was no big deal, and that sometimes one just goes. I'm not dead yet, so I think he was right.
>>
>Finally, a website full of chubby asian girls
>Nope
Fuck you, man.
Good choice, though.
>>
>>17906791
Well if he's wrong then you're going to get a pretty nasty surprise in a few years.
>>
do you feel sick and tired all the time? any weird rashes? swollen or aching fingers? aching joints? losing hair?
>>
Not quite the same but I may derail the thread a bit.
Been with throat problems (like really easy to get sore and difficulty to swallow) for the past 2 years. It used to feel like a closing spasm that woke me up. Now it is almost constant.
It's hard to swallow, and when I sleep the spasms keep waking me up. It can't be anxiety because I went to countless doctors for that tp no avail. Doctors find nothing after lots of tests.
But it gets really tight and at the same time my saliva vanishss for a while, which kinda has fucked up some of my teeth. Could it be my wisdom teeth? I am nearly 30 and never got them out.
What do?

Also Op find a second opinion.
>>
Get it checked just to be safe. i had swollen lymph nodes under my arm and around my neck and that turned out to be lymphoma.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.