[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Adv/ice, everyone at work treats me like a little kid. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3780.jpg (51KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3780.jpg
51KB, 342x298px
/Adv/ice, everyone at work treats me like a little kid.

It ranges from the benign, like saving me a cookie, to the genuinely bizzare. I have been patted on the head. People will purposefully stop talking about gorier home life stories when they notice me nearby. This one time, a catering service member was "genuinely touched" when I let her hug me, and then proceeded to attempt to fuck with one of the cooks on lunch break by telling me to hug them too.

I don't understand. I have some asperger's, but generally socialize well and am not an idiot.

I mostly feel patronized.

Please help.
>>
>>17906704
>Everyone at works treats me like a little kid
You could atlest provide your age and describe your looks and height, usually that would kind of already exclude a lot of things that could be the reason.
>>
>>17906716
I'm 25, 5'9", and look like I'm in high school. Skinnyfat, thankfully lighter acne these days.

Sure, I get carded constantly, but that's no reason to act like I'm ten or something. (When I complained about getting carded last week, a startled manager asked me what I was even buying. He giggled for five minutes straight after I responded that it was scotch.)
>>
>>17906738
They probably just all think of you as "mommy's little baby" maybe you are just a whimp or you behave and come off like one.

Or they're all crazy and you just are the most mature person in there.
>>
>>17906755
I have strong, well researched opinions and curse like a sailor while setting up before we get customers. I've played three years of women's college rugby. They're aware of this because I tend to use it as a scapegoat for my language. I'm not unathletic, and tend to carry heavier things for the other females in the store.

I'm still kind of lost as to the cause of their behavior. Most of them could be considered somewhat intelligent.
>>
>>17906787
you're an inside joke anon and guess who stands on the outside?
>>
>>17906805
Great.

Any idea how that sort of thing happens?
>>
>>17906811
Probably by rumors or funny incidents, though it could be anything really.

Just play along with it and be yourself, it's not like their trying to bully you away from that place.
>>
Or maybe your reaction to when they do these things is too funny and they do it to tease you a bit
>>
>>17906848
>>17906843
Thank you. I'll try to not neurose about it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.