[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Both of My gf's cat died. One around two months ago and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1227.jpg (150KB, 600x399px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1227.jpg
150KB, 600x399px
Both of My gf's cat died. One around two months ago and the second one barely today and it really did hurt her as she loved those cats. I was thinking for our anniversary which was coming up (2 months) to get her a kitten.

Is this a good idea?
>>
>>17906697
Maybe talk to her first? You don't have to reveal plans by maybe bring up getting another cat later on. I don't think you should ask right now, maybe in a month when she isn't grieving so much. Don't forget she's hurting so she could be offended that you'd ask so soon.
>>
I would say bad idea. If i did that to my wife (Who also has 2 cats which she loves) she would be really upset.

2 Reasons. First, it would still probably be too soon, second she believes in rescuing older cats (Specific to my wife but you might want to make sure how your gf feels about this)

Also getting an animal is a personal thing, she might want to be involved.
>>
My gf said she'd like that but I think you'd have to ask her yourself

At the same time it would ruin the surprise aspect

Tough choice
>>
Two months isn't a super long time, but I think it would be long enough.

What you should do is wrap up a cat bed or carrier with some cat toys/treats in it with some shelter brochures. Then, go with her to the shelters and make a day of it.

It won't be a day free of tears, but that's normal. She will super appreciate this.

t. Female recovering from year-long loss of kitty while still loving current kitty.
>>
>>17906727
Getting a new carrier and bed will help build a new emotional chapter. I'm still fucked up when I see my late cat's things in the attic.
>>
Two months is fine as long as its 60 days from now and not sometime in the middle of February. I had a dog since I was 4 that died last year when I was 22, I had constant, sobbing, clinical depression and panic attacks for about that long until I mellowed down. I lost my Job because I could literally not stay out of the house for more than two hours.

Unless your GF is that miserable I would think 2 months is fine.
>>
Get her a dog, cats are for cucks
>>
>>17906697
Don't just get her a kitten. Gift her by taking her to the shelter so she can pick one out. Giving animals as a surprise gift is fucking stupid. She should get to have a say in something that will be with her for over a decade.
>>
File: BaconSpaceKitty.jpg (499KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BaconSpaceKitty.jpg
499KB, 1680x1050px
>>17906697
Tell her this is what you are thinking about and like Anon said, see if you can make a day of it. Chicks love that shit. get her a pussy to get her pussy.
>>
>>17906828
>a pet that requires you to constantly give it attention
>have to take outside to shit
>have to take on walks
Sounds like some cuck shit right there... Sounds like dogs are for cucks...
>>
>>17906828
liking dogs
>>>/r/eddit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.