[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently in school for Medical Technology. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: lab.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lab.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
I'm currently in school for Medical Technology. I'm not sure what I should do, there are jobs for this everywhere that range from about 30-50k, with really inconvenient shifts from like 12 pm to 7 am or something. I think about going to graduate school for Pathologist Assistant, but I cant seem to find many jobs like that online. They're all just the same thing as the Medical Technology degree, but its advertised as a different job that a higher salary 70k-100k.

I don't know what to do, I plan on being the only person to bring home an income too
>>
>>17906353
i think almost any job medical stuff will have shift work - as you get more seniority you might get better shifts

but that is a very stable field, if you don't fuckup you can easily get work anywhere for life

pathologist assist sounds interesting
>>
>>17906411
It does, but I can't seem to find many jobs online for it. Whenever I see an offer for "Pathologist Assistant" It just wants a lab worker, but not the graduate program career.
>>
>>17906353

you're going to start out with the shitty shifts. 7pm-7am, 11-7 type deal. once seniority comes in, then you can start picking up daytime or get a new schedule. depends on where you'll be working also.

anything as a tech will get you a job. even the associate level programs at the CC's such as rad or ultrasound tech have job openings. but they're competitive to get into.

have you thought about selling medical devices? I know a few people who are happy with it, for now.

why not just bite the bullet for med school and become an actual pathologist instead of the assistant
>>
>>17906459
Something just seems very daunting about having to go to school for 4 years and go well over 120k debt. Where I could go to Physician assistant school for 2 years and only go 70k, or Pathologist assistant and be around 60k.

I just don't know if I will be okay with only making 50k without a foreseeable jump, and supporting children y'know?
>>
>>17906470
so go to pa school. i was on the path for vet school but then wised up to the debt to salary ratio and realized its a pipe dream, for me anyway

ive been on the fence about pa school also, since id be having a career sooner without that debt/school time of med school itself

shit, wouldn't even mind being a murse, but i need to make my mind up sooner than later for that paycheck
>>
>>17906484
You don't think it would be too much debt?
>>
>>17906793
any debt is no good. if you think you can pass the program and not give up, then you will make the debt back in a couple years. 70k debt plus interest and living cost with a 80-100k salary is doable
>>
>>17906793

https://www.indeed.com/forum/job/pathology-assistant/typical-pathology-assistant-salaries/t7014

skimming through, it doesn't look like a bad deal

if you want it, apply and go for it
>>
>>17907150
The problem is when I look for these kinds of jobs online they're virtually nonexistant. The ones that are offered are Medical Tech jobs just with the title "Pathology Assistant"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.