[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>17905932 Balance, nigger. Vidya and anime shit isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

>>17905932
Balance, nigger. Vidya and anime shit isn't "being true to yourself", these are the simplest forms of entertainment ... and simple entertainment is perfectly fine unless you sink into it and all you do is related to consuming trash. Most of the "alpha" guys play vidya too, they simply don't spend their entire time with the shit chasing glad title or talking about Skyrim shit with others.

Although it'd be probably best to stay away from MMOs, these are too focused on being addicting and keeping you in a loop.
>>
God damnit, you kids today have no fucking guidance. The internet failed the lot of you.

Haven't you ever heard of suppressing your power level?

Be like Goku. You think he walks around as a super saiyan all day blowing passerby away? No, he suppresses his power level. Shit won't even show up as 2 on a scouter.

Enjoy the shit you want to enjoy, then recognize what you should keep to yourself and what you can make public.

You think muscular guys don't like video games? You think successful people can't like D&D or anime? You're as wrong as wrong can be.

Moderation. Suppress your power level. It's not that hard.

And hey, sometimes you'll end up meeting people who are also hiding their power level and you can both release and compare.
>>
>>17905959
>You think muscular guys don't like video games?
>tfw 90% of the /fit/ fags I know talk about battle arena games with the same enthusiasm as when they talk about gainz, exercise and diet
>>
File: 200px-Fp_ssj_02.jpg (8KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Fp_ssj_02.jpg
8KB, 200x156px
>>17905959
>Be like Goku. You think he walks around as a super saiyan all day blowing passerby away?

pic related
>>
>>17905965
black guys love shounen (the big 3) and fightan games

hispanics LOOOOOOOOVE Fifa and Saint Seiya

I've known a couple of athletes/bodybuilders who were big big big into D&D.
>>
>>17905932

The best answer is to stop being so afraid of being a "virgin loser"

But we both know that cant happen. So enjoy balancing your fake self and real self for people who don't give a shit about you until you die.
>>
>>17905979
>real self for people who don't give a shit about you until you die.

they're vaginas feel nice though
>>
>>17905982
first couple of times
>>
File: msXegLZ.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
msXegLZ.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>17905982

Is it worth it anon, is it really worth it?

Sex toys get better everyday.
>>
>>17905972
>black guys love shounen
Noticed that back in college too, which is still kinda weird for me. Out of dozens over dozens of white-asian-middle easteners I know, only 4 care about anime. Out of 5 black guys I talked to (they are rare here) 4 were into shounen and they look far from typical nerds too.

>hispanics LOOOOOOOOVE Fifa
Here in Europe pretty much everybody does. GTA is pretty popular among basically everybody too.
>>
>>17905932
everything in moderation, anon. Nothing's wrong with anime and vidya, just don't let it take over your life to the point where its all you do 24/7. Have a balanced life; eat, sleep, exercise, go outside and have fun, do other activities, meet people, etc. Its just another form of entertainment and if you have a fairly balanced life, no one's gonna make fun of you for doing something you enjoy. The ones who get made fun of are the ones who become obsessed with it to the point where its affecting their lives like the weebs and autist gamers.
>>
>>17905959
That's stupid. You want to hide your interests and hobbies in order to be liked by people you have nothing in common with? Yeah, that sure as hell will turn out great. If so many people like videogames and anime why would you have to hide it from them? We have to that point where we have common interests, but we're too afraid to open up and talk about them and connect, so instead we talk about weather. You coward!

Embrace the weebness OP. If you like watching anime do just that. If you like videogames play them. Entertain yourself however you like, but don't forget to get out of your bubble once in a while. At the end of the day anime and videogames are just entertainment, don't let them fully define you. And don't try to hide it like it's something to be ashamed of. Believe it or not many people enjoy this stuff and won't judge you for liking it. Find people who share your interests and like you for who you are and you will be happy. Don't try to throw away your interests in order to suck up to people you don't like. No wonder you're unhappy!
>>
>>17905994
>which is still kinda weird for me. Out of dozens over dozens of white-asian-middle easteners I know, only 4 care about anime. Out of 5 black guys I talked to (they are rare here) 4 were into shounen

Anime is easily accessible escapism.

Black people have shit lives, little to no future and they know it.

2+2=???
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (219KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
219KB, 1280x720px
>>17906002
Obsessed near-shut-in here. I work from home programming and watch a shitload of animu and mango and play tons of videogames non-stop

When I'm with family or normie groups like my sister and brother-in-law's group of friends I talk about normie shit like Westworld and whatever sport they're into and whatever tech the group cares about at the time (TV's, boats, cars, etc.)

Then I go home and continue my platinum trophy run of "Gal*Gun Double Peace!!"

Your power level. Hide it.
>>
Just some loser weeb.
>>
>>17905932
Where do you live where nerds are still virgin losers?

Almost every person I meet in college is into at least some anime and/or vidya. A lot of people love going to cons. The people that don't are usually foreign or those gangsta/cholo people.

My bf loves anime and vidya. And we both still work and go to school.

Being "nerdy" has become so ridiculously trendy in my area (suburbs of Los Angeles) that it's weird if you don't like at least some nerdy things.
>>
>>17906012
Here we have the kind of idiot who can't understand why tempering your personality in public is a good idea. He's the kind of fool that goes to see a children's movie alone wearing a My Little Pony shirt, oblivious to the glares of the parents around him.

See, maintaining positive social relationships with as large and varied a group of people as possible is important for social and economic mobility. The more people know you and don't dislike you, the better off you're likely to be.

To some people animu is creepy as fuck and the image in their minds of someone who plays videogames after 18 is a 500 pound misogynist living in a basement. Is that fair? No, but you have to deal with it anyway.

OP wants to function normally in mainstream society while also loving niche weebshit. This is totally doable through learning to hide your power level.
>>
>>17905959
For the love of God somebody cap this
>>
>>17906018
it's not escapism from bad life, it's actually very motivating
shounen anime resonates with your inner masculine energy, makes you feel like you can conquer the world, something that is repressed in modern society
>>
File: dco9zw5.jpg (57KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
dco9zw5.jpg
57KB, 720x720px
>>17906058
shounen anime resonates with your inner masculine energy, makes you feel like you can conquer the world, something that is repressed in modern society
>yu gi oh stimulates my masculine energy
>>
>>17906027
I didn't say he has to shout from the rooftop about how much he likes nerdy shit all the time. I said that he doesn't have to hide who he is if he wants to truly connect with people. If someone isn't into anime and videogames fine, don't talk to them about it, but don't try to pretend you hate it just to you please them either. You can never please everyone and trying to do so will make you walk through life with your head down afraid of expressing yourself in any way. It will make you a boring, anxious coward. A drone with no personality and no qualities. Sure, no one will hate you, but no one would like you either. I'd rather make a few assholes who judge people based on their entertainment choices dislike me than hiding my personality. The fact that you're afraid to show that you like nerdy shit says more about you than liking nerdy shit.

Some people still think that only 500pounds neckbeards play videogames and watch anime because of cowards like you. Because normal, attractive and sociable people who watch anime and play videogames hide it out of fear of being judged and rejected. You won't suddenly get fat or lose all your social skills if you admit to liking nerdy shit, you'll still be as likeable as before. You won't lose your job, people won't suddenly start hating you. There are very few people who would simply dislike you for it, most people who think videogames and anime is for fat basement dwellers would be intrigued to see normal people enjoy it.

If I'd have to pretend I dislike the things I enjoy and am passionate about in order to function in mainstream society I'd give up on society, because most likely I wouldn't like living there anyways, since it hates what I love. Look at OP, he functions normally in his society? Is he happy? NO! But here's the thing, you don't have to hide that you like videogames and anime in order to function normally in society. No one fucking cares about what you like, only the people who share your interests.
>>
File: 1478784940948.gif (203KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478784940948.gif
203KB, 248x225px
>>17906113
>don't try to pretend you hate it
Stopped reading there.
That's not what hiding your power level is.

Honestly, for someone who calls themselves weeblord you're pretty fucking ignorant of weeb traditions. You're certainly not my lord, and I guarantee I'm a bigger weeb than you are.

I suppose I should never expect competence from a tripfag
>>
>It's a "two guys are saying basically same thing but use wording that make it seem they contradict each other so they argue ad infinitum" thread
>>
>>17906105
>implying the pharaoh doesn't make you want to channel your inner alpha
>>
>>17906123
yeah, yeah I get it, you pretend you aren't interested in it or simply don't know about it. Same fucking thing. I'm not ignorant at all, I pretended I don't even know what the word anime means for years. That's why I have such a strong opinion on this subject, because I know how much happier I became and how I was able to enjoy everyone elses company so much more after I stopped trying to hide my interests and hobbies.

I'm certain that everyone would be happier if they became comfortable with their interests and expressing them, but if you won't listen to me I certainly won't try to "convert" you. Keep working your way up in the mainstream society while hiding who you are and what you like if you think life is better than way, but don't be surprised when you realize you have no meaningful connections with other people.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.