[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much weight do the words "I love you" hold? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: DSCF7975.jpg (788KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7975.jpg
788KB, 1024x683px
How much weight do the words "I love you" hold?

I am bad at expressing my feelings of affection towards people and this defect is also present in my relationship.
Through actions I can more or less express my affection (hugs, kisses, touching) but words that encompass what I feel seem impossible to utter.
There is a mental blockage on anything I want to say that would make me feel vulnerable and I can't push myself over the edge.

I feel like saying"I love you" would be an appropriate reflection of my feelings that would at the same time take the edge off for me to make it easier to verbally express my feelings.
HOWEVER I'm afraid that because of how much culture has influenced the meaning of the words there will be a difference in my meaning and the meaning given to it by interpretation.

So what do I do
>>
>>17905830
>Because of how much culture has influenced the meaning of the words, there will be a difference in my meaning and the one interpreted

Yes.

This is always going to happen . A few hints would be to increase your vocabulary, research what "love" is throughout history/ when it was created, and set your own definition for it. There is no proper interpretation of the word because how to "properly love" is the most vague concept ever. Anything you do, including the most pleasurable acts possible can be misconstrued as offensive to anyone and thus, nothing is really considered the right or wrong way to treat someone.

There are people who love torture and desire death. There are people who make themselves sick and lonely.
>>
>>17905863
Where do I even start?

Is it really necessary?
As much as I am interested in the subject, the option to just take a leap and put myself in a vulnerable position is very tempting.
>>
>>17905830
Love is a verb, love is a doing word.

Saying "I love you" is pretty meaningless without loving actions.
>>
>>17905911

nigga trying to cop massive attack lyrics. but he's right though. Express it, don't just say it.
>>
>>17905913
uhhh... pretty sure everyone knows their most famous song so...
>>
>>17905911
>>17905913
What kind of actions?
This is my first relationship and I'm trying my best to search for appropriate ways to express my feelings.
After being a social recluse and a loner for years, I'm having a hard time finding behavior that fits me.

The first thing that comes to mind is buying gifts but that seems superficial and I don't feel it would fit me.
>>
>>17905830
>How much weight do the words "I love you" hold?
They hold weight in inverse proportion to how often the person says them.

That's about all there is to it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.