[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a single father, 40. My wife died of an aneurysm 5 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: don't open.png (3MB, 1273x1307px) Image search: [Google]
don't open.png
3MB, 1273x1307px
I'm a single father, 40. My wife died of an aneurysm 5 years ago. We've been together since we were 14 in high school, married at 20.
Our daughter turned 18 in October, graduated from high school and moved out in early December.
I spent Christmas alone for the first time and it was incredibly depressing. I have literally never been alone in my life and don't know how to deal with it.
>>
This post filled me with such a profound sadness.

Being someone who has been alone for most of their adult life, I can only tell you that for me, It got easier with time.
During the holidays when It really does hit home alot more, plan to do something beforehand, If you have any hobbies, Go and do them to excess. If you don't. plan something new that will keep you occupied.
>>
>>17905689

I am deeply and honestly sorry to read this. I know no matter what we write, it won't help you a lot.

Try to engage more in activities with friends or other relatives. Or those two don't apply, try people from work. You don't have to become actual huge friends, it doesn't even havr to be meaningful. Just do something with other people. Experience new things. Try to pick up some completely new hobby. Something like DIY woodwork, building things, painting, buy an old rusty car and rebuild it and make your dream car out of it. Save some money and travel somewhere you never went before, alone. Somewhere far away. Be active, don't let yourself sink into the sadness. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose your soulmate. Personally it would destroy me. But try to find solace in the fact that you at least had the luck to have here while it lasted, the luck to have a child. Even if you think you are, you are never alone.

Hell, I would even just go out and spent time with you if we (probably) didn't live on different continents. You have my greatest respect man. It's people like you who are the real warriors on this damn world.
>>
>>17905689
do you have time to get into some social hobby?
even something like weekend hiking or something.
>>
>>17905689
I'm going to say something that may sound cold-blooded but isn't meant to be.

It's time to move on.

Two chapters in your life - husband, and father-of-child - have ended. New chapters - father-of-adult, and still-young single man - are beginning. You have to start looking forward to how you are going to choose (because it IS a choice) to fill those new chapters.

It is in no way a rejection of the past to look to the future.
>>
>>17905795
This Faggot is right. YOu have to see this as an opportunity OP to do shit you have never done. Travel,. take up new hobbies, move location. By seeing the positives ( which there are) you can get over the negatives. God Speed OP.
>>
>>17905689
You made me sad as fuck. Don't know what to say man. Be safe bro.
>>
Have you been single for 5 years?
>>
>>17905689
get a dog.
sorry about your wife, anon.
>>
>>17905689
<3

(it was might first time spending christmas totally alone, too, also spending nye alone.....)

ride the sad wave of loneliness first, then slowly realize you're mostly free.
>>
>>17907136
>>17905795

they are not wrong. it sounds like you haven't allowed yourself to finish mourning your spouse, and now that daughter is 'grown' you're feeling it come back at you.

You started a family at 22, you were barely an adult yourself.

and you're only 40 now, its not like youre expired goods.

celebrate because you got one out of highschool and not pregnant.
>>
File: therethere.jpg (175KB, 483x720px) Image search: [Google]
therethere.jpg
175KB, 483x720px
oh, and there there
>>
>>17907180
His prospects are also very good for finding another woman if he ever feels up to it. As weird as it sounds, a lot actually value males having being in marriages previously, and the fact that it was a happy marriage and there's a grown kid is a bonus.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.