[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a very debilitating mental illness but I'm terrified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I have a very debilitating mental illness but I'm terrified of going to the doctor and getting a prescription for it (have a huge fear of people thinking I'm lying and judging me for it). And also I have been denied public health care such as therapy due to the system. How do I get over this and get the proper help?
>>
Why do you care if they judge you

So what? You know you are not lying. I doibt the doctor will think you're lyig unless you're trying to get like xanax or something, but then he'll just test your diagnosis to find out what you need.

Then go to another doctor if he still thinks ur lying
>>
>>17905307
How do you know you have the illness if you haven't been diagnosed by a doctor? And if you have been diagnosed, why hasn't the medication been prescribed?

This sounds a little too much like "I just know I have something wrong even though doctors say I haven't and I won't be satisfied until I get some medicine"
>>
>>17905307

wtf

is mental illness the new troill meme ?

last 2 weeks about 50 threads on this crap
>>
>>17905841
He's probably borderline considering he's worried people will assume he's lying.
>>
>>17905841
Not OP, but I have some military-grade Asperger's that was a mystery to absolutely no one before my official diagnosis. Sometimes you just know things about your own brain. Sometimes your motive and patterning is hidden from your own knowledge because of how it pans out. It's a mess.
>>
>>17905307
Could you tell us strangers about yourself, OP? I have a lot of experience with therapists and would like to help you. I also have a list of good names to check out if you're in the Dallas area...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.