[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear of Being Affectionate!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hoover_hands_7.jpg (69KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
hoover_hands_7.jpg
69KB, 480x680px
28 year old man here.

I like physical affection but I am really scared of initiating/advancing it or touching women in general and I also feel like I should ask permission before even trying but that would just make things weird and awkward.

Examples:
>watching movie with female relative or female friend and they lean on me or grab my arm but im too afraid to lean into them or put my arm around them or maneuver into a more comfortable position, im pretty much scared stiff.
>when i pose for a picture with a female i prefer to put my hand on their shoulder instead of waist cause it seems less "wrong".
>i only bother hugging females when its the customary greeting and with the exception of family i only ever use one arm.
>if im sitting next to a female and any part of her comes into contact with me i try to subtly move whenever possible unless im like stuck next to them in a car or bus.

How do I overcome this? My female friends and relatives dont seem to mind touching me (and some seem to actually like it) but I get petrified. There are also other times when I really feel that a little affection could cheer me up but I am too scared to make the first move.

Even when I am out on the town and drunk as fuck I consciously avoid it.
>>
You're not alone OP.

30yr old male here.

I've been dealing with this problem since I was 13. I've had girlfriends that I've kissed, held hands, cuddled, and had sex with but it took me months to even be able to hug them. Idk why but if there's a woman I start having feelings for then all of a sudden I get like an anxiety attack if they sit too close to me. But if I have no romantic interest there's no adverse reactions. The only reason I'm with my current girl is because she is forceful when she wants something.
>>
>>17905347
OP here

I dont get anxiety the same way you do. I just feel weird and a bit afraid of showing them that I am enjoying their touch.
>>
I have no advice for you OP, but you're not alone in this. Intense aversion to intimacy isn't all that uncommon.
>>
have you considered counseling for this fear? obviously for some more intimate touching, you want affirmative consent prior to touching, but hugs and accidental touch aren't as severe
>>
>>17905388
no not really. that would involve having to speak to someone in person.
>>
Or you could just say "fuck it" and become the stereotypical groper that's all too eager to touch any passing female. Problem solved.
>>
Don't know what you're afraid of, girls love being touched by a man they know.
>>
I'm completely terrified of girls, just seeing a passing woman outside my window makes me shiver. It's a strange feeling, like being confronted with a snake that you know it's gonna attack you if you try to mess with it.
>>
>>17905268
>>17905347
>>17906892

You're all beta, in previous human generations you would not survive or reproduce

Go order ten cords of wood

Get an axe

Chop all of it

Repeat as necessary until you are a man
>>
>>17907086
I'm not sure how this will help.
>>
>>17905268

>28 year old man here.
*28 year old boy

>I like physical affection but I am really scared of initiating/advancing it or touching women in general
You're a beta

> I also feel like I should ask permission before even trying but that would just make things weird and awkward.
Yeah no

>How do I overcome this?
Chop cords of wood, get job, stop being a fucking pussy
>>
>>17907091

Right, because you're a fucking beta, ofc you wouldnt know why, because you've never chopped wood in your entire goddamn life

t. alpha donating my precious time to try to save men from extinction by their own inadequacy
>>
That's kinda cute, would date.
>>
>>17907101
Your so cool, please be my friend
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.