[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this "mean spirited or cruel" ?? I sent it to my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 20160711_203400.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160711_203400.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is this "mean spirited or cruel" ?? I sent it to my grandmother who is acting very strangly and aggressively over the last decade.

>Please get help. You are out of control. I saw what you wrote to my mother. You went out of your way to directly insult my mother and I. You are not well, this is not the behavior of a loving person. This is the behavior of an unwell person.

>Why on Earth are you so defensive when someone tells you something is wrong? Its not an option, you can't just say "I'm not sick" when the symptoms of sickness are right there for anyone to see and you outright admit to them. We don't judge you for being unwell, no one does and no one has, but its illness. Nobody wants you in some loony bin, everyone wants you to be happy and healthy, which you are not.

>The last thing you wrote to my mother was so devastating, its just terrible.

>You need help. Grief counseling, Anxiety counseling, something. Go get help. I will help you find help. I will take you to go get help if you need me to. I understand you are unwell but this isn't something time will fix. You told me you didn't know my mother's phone number but you called her today and I saw her call log so please don't tell me you didn't.

>Go get help.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17905255
why would you write sth like this to your grandma kek she's probably demented
u go get help
>>
>>17905255
Based on my limited background knowledge of your situation I'm going to assume you grandma is acting batshit. So yes I think it's fine.
I have relatives in a similar situation and what helped was confronting the issue. The relationship isn't fixed but they can now atleast be in the same house together.
>>17905257
Dont listen to this guy.
>>
>>17905260
I think she suffers from narcism and dementia that was accelerated by my grandfather dying suddenly in her arms three years ago. My uncle had she started acting strangly when he visited her in 2005. Since then, shes become more paranoid and aggressive than ever before and its just getting worse.
>>
>>17905267
I still think what you sent was fine. I guess now just wait and see how she'll respond to it.
>>
>>17905255
It's fine OP. If people are constantly dishing out drama, they shouldn't be shocked when people call them on it.
>>
File: 1374085374879.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1374085374879.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>17905267
>>17905255

She has dementia you twat. Her brain is melting in her skull. Your strongly worded letter doesn't mean shit to someone whose mind is literally wasting away.

This is what happens when the human mind ages and begins to malfunction. Behavior changes. Memory falters. Lives literally start to unravel in bizarre and unintelligible fashions. She's old and sick. Stop taking it personally.

>You told me you didn't know my mother's phone number but you called her today and I saw her call log so please don't tell me you didn't.

Please google the symptoms of dementia. Not being ignorant about the nature of her situation is another key component in helping her address it.
>>
>>17905313
She has demanded i shut up or Im disowned. I think I did this to stand up for myself and clear my conscience.

How do people get help for dementia without someone telling them? Its been this way for years and now everyone is sick of it and wont reach out on any holidays.
>>
File: 1376449908398.jpg (15KB, 273x276px) Image search: [Google]
1376449908398.jpg
15KB, 273x276px
>>17905320

>She has demanded i shut up or Im disowned. I think I did this to stand up for myself and clear my conscience.

Do you not understand what dementia is you fucking doof? You realize you just "stood up" to an old woman whose brain is 90% pudding?

>How do people get help for dementia without someone telling them? Its been this way for years and now everyone is sick of it and wont reach out on any holidays.

You and your family are fucking retarded. This woman is sick. Her brain is shutting down and you're all too busy being offended by her disease to actually man up and do something.

Dementia is a disease, friendo. This disease is character by personality changes, memory disorders and impaired reasoning. Her brain cells are physically dying. She isn't going to get any better.

She needs to be put in a home. Soon enough she won't even remember how to feed herself.

Please, OP, do some research on dementia. You're getting into an emotional battle with a sick old woman whose brain doesn't work and it makes you look like a petty sack of cocks.
>>
>>17905320
you don't "get help" for dementia. You get put in a home where your family doesn't have to deal with you and people can make sure you don't do somethong embarassing. Your sternly worded letter is mean because your grandmother is basically no longer in control or responsible for her actions.
>>
>>17905335
You sound like an aggressive idiot who can't go beyond name-calling.

OPINION
DISCARDED
>>
>>17905255
You could have been kinder. The emphasis could have been more on "We are worried about you" than on "Go get help, you bitch." But you do get it out in the open, and you'll just have to wait and see how she reacts.
>>
>>17905255
>sent it to my grandmother
Why can't you talk about this shit like a normal fucking person?

Also many old people are pretty much hopeless cases, so your letter isn't going to achieve much, specially because it's so confrontational. At least it's not "mean spirited or cruel", so there is that.
>>
>>17905429
>you hurt my feelings so whatever you said is not worth considering
Jesus fuck, it's not the demented bitch but OP who needs actual help.
>>
File: 1403552883085.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
1403552883085.gif
2MB, 252x280px
>>17905844
>>17905335
Seconded

>>17905429
You're retarded.
>>
>>17905844
Yeah I cannot fathom how OP can be this stupid or maybe OP is a teenager. Most probably.
OP your grandmother probably has dementia, you don't write stupid letters like thag to grannys with dementia, she doesn't know she has it. Because her brain is literally malfunctioning and she will never be herseld again. You can't get "fixed" once you have dementia ok?
And check yourself when you are older because it's generic.
And your mother also
Stop victimizing yourself and get your grandma a doc
She is not the villain, she is sick and can't be cured. Welcome to mental illnesses in the family
>>
>>17905335
>man up and do something.

I did wtf are you talking about? We cant put her in a fucking home until a doctor says we can, so if she wont go see a doctor, the brain is rotting away and shes not getting help to slow down the process.
>>
>>17905825
Not a single part of that email implied shes a bitch.

What exactly is mean about it?
>>
>>17905888
Everyone keeps saying "get her to a doctor, take her to a home" Ive resorted to wording this email strongly because she wont fucking seek help. She wont leave the house, we cant kidnap her and take her to the doctors and shes not some little old granny, shes 66 years old. This was a last ditch effort to get her to go seek help and I offered to help her get it!
>>
>>17905255

Its pointless and mildly autistic? Yes. Mean spirited or cruel? No.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.