[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been sent home from work twice this month for being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1549.gif (915KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1549.gif
915KB, 500x200px
I've been sent home from work twice this month for being too drunk or hung over to be of any use. People have started asking me how I'm doing, and what they're really asking is if I've been drinking, and they only ask to see if I'll lie about it.

I know this because they always did the same to my dad. He died from this.

I always think I've got it under control and then I fuck up again, but forbidding myself from drinking at all still feels like an overreaction and I give up on it soon enough and the next thing I know I'm vomiting wine in the staff bathroom at 6 AM.

What do I do?
>>
>>17905158

if you're reaction to trying to quit is comitting wine in the staff bathroom at 6am, then quitting is by no means an over reaction.

you clearly have a problem. maybe not for life, but taking a long break shoudl help.

why do you drink?
>>
You're addicted. You need addiction treatment. It's affecting your ability to work.
Some people like AA, but it's pretty heavy on the God shit, so you could also try getting a professional.
>>
drinking affecting you badly so stop

you have to want to a lot and it's possible that you're not there yet. but bring able to have the mindfulness that some shit is going down is better than most people. best of luck
>>
Youre lucky you didnt get fired, wtf are you thinking, drinking before work? Get your fucking ass to aa
>>
>forbidding myself from drinking at all still feels like an overreaction
Cause you're treating not drinking like a punishment, or a consequence.
If you keep treating it like that, the stuff is on a pedestal. Then that's what you want to get over the negative things just so you can get back to it.

Your body is pissed at you for the drinking. The hangover, the puking, all the negative things that happen as a result of drinking is the punishment.
Being healthy is the incentive to drink something other than the booze. As you are now, it's unhealthy.
>>
>>17905172
It makes me feel less guilty about being a waste of space. Like I don't need to kill myself just to stop occupying space and resources better used on others.

>>17905208
I wasn't drinking before work, I just woke up still drunk.
>>
>>17905224

yeah man you need to quit drinking.
>>
>>17905224
>I wasn't drinking before work, I just woke up still drunk.

regardless, your drinking is interfering in your life and you do not have control over it. Go find your closest aa and start going
>>
>>17905234
I still have antabuse left from another stint, I never finished the course.

I just don't know what else to do with my free time.
>>
>>17905245
get a hobby man
>>
>>17905261
Like what?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.