[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I find something that I like, everyone else hates it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: comfy.jpg (162KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
162KB, 1280x852px
Whenever I find something that I like, everyone else hates it. The way I shave my beard, the shirt I choose to wear, the music I listen to etc. I'm constantly upsetting someone close to me. Whenever I change that thing or do what everyone else wants me to do, I hate it. It just won't ever look or sound right to me. But it makes everyone around me happy.

What's the likelihood that I'm just a retard with no sense of taste? Does anyone else experience this?
>>
>>17904816
people like to say they dont like things because it makes them feel like theyre a critic, and being a critic lets you feel superiour to people. Ignore them and enjoy what you like (as long as its not traps).
>>
Commoner taste is usually bad, that's why the most popular music is neutered and years behind compared to more underground music being released at the same time.

Confidence comes from not giving a fuck about what people think about you. Become the type of person you want to attract, then you'll meet more men and women who suit you. Don't be someone you're not because the people around you want you to be.
>>
>>17904816

>everyone else hates it

does EVERYONE hate it, or do a few different people harp on a few different issues? or perhaps just two people harping on everything?

what i mean to say is you probably have one person who hates your beard, two who hate your shirt, and one who hates your music. but because everyones criticizing something different you think of it as everyone hating on it because the others dont give compliments.

>im constantly upsetting someone close to me

what? are they upset or are they just bitching? are people really sitting there getting sad because you're listening to a song they dont like? sounds really fucking retarded.

>but it makes everyone around me happy

does it? or does it placate them? hwo many people are actually getting sad about your personal choices / interests?

i get this a little bit. a LOT of people say my hair is bad. they think it would look better if i styled it... less messy. what they dont realize is that i have a shitty hairline and messy hair is the only way to coveri t up. id like other styles but the ones i attempt i simply dont have the hair for, its either too thin or not enough or hwat have you.

despite this, i still enjoy the style ive settled on, i still get laid and everyone on tinder compares me to evan peters in a positive sense, so i can't really say i care what they see, even when its close friends.

unless they want to get down and suck my dick, I'm happy keeping the style i have.

same goes for my clothes. people on 4chan mock it endlessly, but it gets me really good results on tinder and even at the bar so it doesn't really matter what they think.

do what makes you happy. then experiment with what gets you good results. split the difference.
>>
>>17904900
Hey man, thanks. For some things, probably most things, it really is just one or two people. Other things will get almost all of my family breathing down my neck though. I've made a shitload of family angry just for not going for a trim. I still don't know why or how.

But thanks for the perspective. I'll split the difference and go for my own happiness.
>>
>>17905020

you really should. you're rarely ever making someone, more so just placating them so they can go whine about other stuff.

good luck anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.