[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 17

File: 2201132983_75f6a04cd0.jpg (55KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
2201132983_75f6a04cd0.jpg
55KB, 500x380px
If you are under 25, get off 4chan and fix your life, for everyone else there is this thread.
>>
File: 21476632.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
21476632.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>17904602
>fix
>>
>implying if you're 25 and a day you're doomed
>>
There's a "coffee social" at the local library early next Friday. That's also the day I'm going to a LAN party with a friend late at night.

I'm more curious about the first thing, and what kind of people would be there, since I already know what LAN party people are going to be like. The LAN party is going to have better potential techy job connections though.

Don't think I'd be able to do both in one day without it stressing me out too much. I'm already anxious about the LAN party itself, since I'm not the one driving there which means I can't run away without burdening my friend if it gets to be too much to handle.

Maybe I'll just blow off the idea of doing either. Shut-in life, baby.
>>
>>17904602
>Implying the people that are 25+ weren't 20 year old fuck-ups
>Implying make this post will change the inevitable future
>>
>27
>Good job
>Hobbies
>Friends
>In shape
>Optimist, funny
>Kv

I saw my roommate pick up a girl recently and it blew my mind how easy it was for him
>>
>>17904741
>and it blew my mind how easy it was for him

I bet he denied how easy it was for him but still, are you sure there's nothing missing/off about you?

Cos while my luck with women is shit, I know I have a LOT of shortcomings.
>>
>>17904682
It sounds like it might be full of your type of people.
>>
I tell myself I'm going to start eating healthy and lose weight. As soon as I get home it's downhill. Fuck I really need to learn how to cook.

I have no passion for anything. I love video games but I know they are keeping me from achieving something and I don't stop.

Good night /adv/
>>
File: freddie may.jpg (50KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
freddie may.jpg
50KB, 403x403px
I recently turned 25 (November) and i feel like im making better progress now than when i was 19-23. I have of time writing:

> a job where i feel like a robot programmed to say certain words to eveyone plus its long shifts but hey more dosh i guess.

>A loyal GF who i finally goot to take the virginity off of after 3 YEARS. I cheated on here with 2 seperate women to fix the itch but i still love my GF so stayed with her. Shs started putting on weight but het so did I.

>Living at my dads and crashing at a 'friends' (i despise the fucker now and really want to stop going there but he owns a garage for my motorcycle and doesnt rape me on upkeep money for some reason. stay at his house (its a dump) when its a workday/night.

>own a motocycle now which is better than using a bycicle to cycle to work every time which felt like it was killing me. Already fell off it and fucked up the clutch but it still works ok (i think)

Ultimatly im a late bloomer. I fucked up hard in my youth so now im paying for it. I hope i can save up enough money so i can move somewhere sunny and i want a child/children before its too late but im not raising it here unless i had enough money to home school it. I'm not sure ill be with my long term GF for many years as we just disagree on too big a thing as moving away. She wants to be near her parents, i want to move to a diffrent continent. thats my real dillema really, when the time comes and i save enough to move to hopefully live in america or aulstralia or whatever, i dont think she'd come. Also, should I move out my dads even though shes cool with it and my dad doesnt ask for much money, or try get a place? buying a place would be ages away anyway price wise but renting is possible but other than the independace (ive had it before shit was expesive) I dont want to sink money into a shitty room.

so really my advice related thing is this:

Should i move out?
Sould i dump my GF of 5 years and look elsewhere and try minimise the heartache?
>>
>>17905252
yes, unless you're hideous dump everything and start over while you're young. The sooner you do it the more time you have to fix
>>
>>17904701
Sure, some fuck-ups will remain fuck-ups for life but some people can be saved. They just need to "wake up".
>>
>>17904741
I don't know man, you may be a lot less interesting than you think.
>>
does anybody here just like to "chase" girls. But never act on it?

There has been at least 6 girls this year that I've flirted with that I could have had sex with. I'd flirt with them and as soon as they start showing interest and say how they'd like to go out, my interest instantly dies off.

I haven't had sex in 5 years because of this Tbh
>>
Trying to break out of my shell. I go out with friends a couple of times a month. I still spend the majority of my time at home though, by an overwhelming margin.

What do you guys do with your life? It feels like all I can really do is just start reading my books at a coffee shop instead if I wanted to try to force myself to be more social.
>>
>>17906208
i act on it. get into relationship. i get bored. in the morning, while she's cuddled up on my side, snoring, im like..well, shit, is this the rest of my life
>>
>>17906248

I never act. I'll be into the girl up until the point where she's starts showing interest back. Sometimes I'll even say "hey would you like to go out sometime?" And the girl will say "yeah sure! :) " INSTANTLY my interest disappears.
>>
>>17904682
Just do it
>>
>>17906208
Do you have erectile dysfunction?

>>17906223
I'm 24 and work a boring office job with no real friends or direction in life spending another Friday night alone in my apartment. I hate being so introverted but I just don't know how to make friends anymore!
>>
>>17906268

>Do you have erectile dysfunction?

Huh? No, why did you ask that?
>>
>>17906276
Just wondering why you bother flirting with women and not follow through, seems a bit weird if you like sex.
>>
>>17906288

>if you like sex

well, I've only had sex twice. I was 20 years old then. But both times were a bad experience. So I can't say "I enjoy it"
>>
>>17906256
maybe youre a closet fag
>>
>>17906293

I'm not gay
>>
>>17906291
So you don't want to find some good sex? Or are you content with jerking it?
>>
>>17906315

I don't really know Tbh... I feel like it's too late for me.

And, I mostly quit fapping. I feel way better if I don't fap. As soon as I fap it ruins my whole day.
>>
File: granite ware roaster.jpg (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
granite ware roaster.jpg
30KB, 450x450px
>>17905215
Get pic related and start cooking an entire package of boneless skinless chicken breasts in it once per week. 350 degrees middle rack with the lid on in the oven for an hour. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces when it's done. Get a rice cooker and make 1 cup uncooked (3 cups cooked) rice. Take some chicken out of the refrigerator, throw it in a large tupperware type container. Put the cooked rice on top while it is still hot. Put a can of vegetables in it and and mix it all with a can of condensed soup. About 1,000 calories and 40 grams of protons. You can eat this every day just change the vegetables. You can also do this with eggs. Get 12 omega 3 eggs and a small carton of egg whites and cook an entire weeks worth of eggs to throw rice on top of every day.

Start lurking /fit/ and put a weight set next to your video games. It only takes like 3 hours per week to work out. If you cannot afford a weight set then pull ups and one leg bodyweight squats are your friend. If you can't do a pullup then get a giant rubberband to hang from the bar like the bodylastics brand resistance bands.

https://bodylastics.com/
>>
>>17906326
That's interesting, why do you think you feel that way? I haven't actually looked into the whole no fap thing, is it worth it?
>>
>>17905215
>>17906329
And for the love of god lurk /fit/ before you decide on what kind of weight set to buy holy fuck you need a barbell and squat stands not some bowflex bullshit.
>>
25m, first time trying to buy condoms. I know nothing. 6/5.25, what should I get?

Before you ask there's a better chance of them expiring unused than otherwise.
>>
>>17906332

I think it's too late for me because I'm 25, almost 26 and lack so much experience. All girls my age have lots of experience. Dude, one of my female friends just found out a few days ago that I've never even kissed a girl that I actually liked before. She couldn't believe it and actually thought I was lying. The only 2 girls I've kissed were the same 2 girls I had sex with. And I did not like them, I did it because I felt pressured. Those experiences sucked.

But yeah man. I feel a lot better since I mostly quit fapping. I feel way healthier. I used to fap for 2-3 times every day for years. I felt so drained and unmotivated all day long. I quit back in September and feel so much better. sometimes I'll slip up and fap one time every 2 weeks. But overall I feel healthier
>>
>>17906345

condoms can stretch A LOT. so just buy regular Trojan condoms or ultra thin.

Btw, I have a whole unopened box of expired condoms lol.
>>
>>17906355
Works for me.
>>
>>17906351
It's true most women above 25 have most likely had more than one partner and the pressure to perform definitely sucks especially if the chick doesn't do anything. I've had some bad experiences there myself where I just wasn't into it at all. Personally I just don't prioritize sex anymore so I try and look for other qualities in women.

Huh, I think I'll have to try that just to test it out as I'm also feeling a lack of motivation to do anything for the past year.
>>
>>17906376

Well I'm sort of screwed anyways because my experience level is way below any girls my age. So what's the point, right?

The no fap this is worth a shot. It's helped me at least. It's actually strange because I feel absolutely terrible whenever I do end up fapping now. I fapped yesterday which was the first time in 3 weeks and I felt really bad. I'm not going to fap for at least another 4-5 weeks now
>>
>>17906386
Well you don't know what their experience is since you can't just ask them straight up like that. Maybe talk to more shy chicks?

Don't you get horny as hell though? I mean everyone fantasizes about having sex with their co-workers, friends, etc but do you just will yourself to think about other things or how do you control it?
>>
>>17906386
I'm not the guy you've been talking to but if you have female friends dude I think you are not as screwed as you think. You posted earlier that you have a female friend who could not believe you have never kissed a girl that you actually liked. She probably can't believe that because she thinks you are attractive enough to get a girl you like. I don't think experience in bed will be a problem if you meet someone who is actually in love with you and you are mature enough to talk to her about it.
>>
>>17906395

How am I suppose to meet 25 year old shy girls?

>Don't you get horny as hell though? I mean everyone fantasizes about having sex with their co-workers, friends, etc but do you just will yourself to think about other things or how do you control it?

It's not very difficult. I work in a male dominated job, so there is no females. the few that there is are not attracted at all. I don't ever hang out with female friends because my female friends live really far from me. We just text often. I just keep my mind focused elsewhere. I focus on going to the gym and making myself better, although that sucks sometimes because it increases T production and well yeah.. but I've never had any good experiences with sex. So it's relatively easy to not think much about it. Because I don't have any good memories
>>
>>17906405

Yeah but I just know that's not going to happen.
>>
>>17906410
>How am I suppose to meet 25 year old shy girls?
Good point, the only place that's convenient to meet shy girls is if they work with you in the office.
Also 25 is young man, you have an extremely good age range to choose from, anywhere from 18-35 as anything past that is probably not worth it unless she's loaded. I take it your not bad looking but I know all too well that it takes more than looks to hook up with the better women.

Consider yourself lucky in some sense because so many men are trapped in the endless pussy chase and will do harm to themselves and their families just to fulfill their lust. It's sad, but then again humans are social animals and loneliness is never really a good thing.
>>
>>17906428
I'm also getting the feeling he is pretty good looking.
>>
>>17906428

>Also 25 is young man, you have an extremely good age range to choose from, anywhere from 18-35

That only works for extroverts. I don't see where or how I could meet 18-20 year olds unless I went way out of my way and creeped on a some Uni campus.

Honestly, all of it is too much work. That's why I never go through with anything. All I've known is being lonley. It's normal to me.
>>
>>17906435

I'm average
>>
>>17906442
If you're unhappy then you should take steps to change that dude. I feel you though, I've also been alone for a while, but that's because most of my previous relationships didn't work out too well and it's a choice.

Don't let the loneliness get you down though, like I said mid 20's is still young and there's plenty of time to find the "one" for you if that's what you're looking for. Start to worry when you're in your mid 30's.
>>
>>17906458

The thing that makes it more confusing for me this is I'm not looking for a "one" per say. See, I never want to get married, and I never ever want kids. so I just don't see the point of getting into a LTR and experiencing love.
>>
>>17906464
You say that now but maybe in some years that may change depending on your circumstances. I agree though that it's important to really discover yourself and get to know yourself before you try and figure someone else out.

Everyone's different though and honestly the more independent an individual is the better.
>>
>>17906475

I've been saying I never wanted to get married or have kids since I was 14
>>
>>17905252

Fuck man you and I are in the same boat except I'm 26, me and my gf disagree on kids (I want them, she doesn't) and we've only been together 3 years.

I don't know how to pull myself out of the mess I made in my early years.
>>
I got rejected for my dream job (two year internship research position at government) today. I was not selected for the next round and the recruiters haven't stated why (can ask for the reason 3 weeks from now).

How do I cope? I am 25 years old, two masters in the related field. Relevant experience. I am stumped.

Got rejected for other jobs, though that did not sting as much as this one (except for the one time I got rejected solely on the results of a personality test).

Fuck this shit. Again, how do I cope?
>>
>>17906487
You will want kids eventually. You will be an uncle to some kids and wish you had some of your own.
>>
>>17906504
The american government is a shitty employer. This might actually be good for you.
>>
>>17906508

no i won't. my older brother has 4 kids. I hate them.
>>
>>17906504

Forgot to add that I have been looking for two months now and that I live in a part of the country that has the double amount of unemployed. I got turned down for fucking moving boxes and filling crates, because I 'don't fit their profile' and whatnot. I am applying all over the country (except for the capital, because fuck that noise).

Fuck this shit.
>>
Does internet dating for >25 year olds actually work if you're short?
>>
>>17906504
>>17906515
yes and just apply to other companies for the meantime. keep applying for a federal spot if you want. so what if you got rejected, big deal, cry about or make something out of it
>>
>>17906508
girlfriend was totally against kids but as time with me went on, she's warming up to it. when we attend friend picnics and there are little kiddos there, me and them are always playing. moms are like aww, you'd be an awesome dad blah blah

kinda hope the baby fever hits her sooner than later, otherwise I'm gonna have to dump and find younger. I like her very much but I'm not going to drop my wants just for her
>>
>>17906536

>big deal

It is when you invested time, effort and money to become something you want to be and then be told 'no'

>just apply to other companies for the meantime.

I am doing that.

>keep applying for a federal spot

This was the second time. I am not positive about my future chances.

It's also that there are two others I know who did the same master (only one), who did succeed in getting a similar job. I got a whole extra master that is relevant and I don't even get an interview, just rejection based on resume and cover letter.
>>
>>17906487
You don't have to live the family life with a kids and wife man, you're your own boss. Figure yourself out and do whatever makes you feel fulfilled and happy. Some say a legacy is all we leave behind but who cares about any of that as long as you enjoy the time you're given.

Best of luck bro, hope you make it.
>>
>>17906686

Thanks
>>
Anyone else depressed because they've been off for a while and have run out of things to do?
>>
>>17906953

Download Duolingo on your phone. It's fun, learn a new language
>>
>>17904602
>get off 4chan

It's true what they say ,nobody leaves 4chan ,shitposter since 2009 here
>>
>>17906966
I think I've been on 4chan for maybe 10 years now. Fuck me, the amount of time I've wasted. Still better than the time I've wasted on Reddit, though.
>>
Condom anon again.
God fucking damnit, I'd rather do a pacifist run of Metal Gear and go through that again. Wal-Mart was packed.

Off to the convention. Praying to God I didn't make an idiot of myself for nothing.
>>
>>17906966

Hey bro I've been here since 09 too! :D

>>17906975

Honestly I really enjoy 4chan
>>
Has anyone ever been blocked on messenger/been put on the restricted list on facebook? I think someone did this to me but I'm not sure...
>>
File: CXp6y9aWkAENjH_.jpg large.jpg (39KB, 599x421px) Image search: [Google]
CXp6y9aWkAENjH_.jpg large.jpg
39KB, 599x421px
>>17906966
>>17906993
>January 2011
>wake up
>type new hit enter
>4chan 404 page
>type r9k hit enter
>404 page
>type jp hit enter
>jp loads
>say to self outloud: "wow moot deleted two boards today"
>>
>>17906966
>>17906975
>>17906993
I don't remember the year, but I've been around since the Habbo raids. Which is a shame, since I recall "burning out" on a fuckload of forums, IRC channels, and chatrooms that no longer exist. There's something about this website, man.
>>
File: IMG_4611.jpg (24KB, 417x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4611.jpg
24KB, 417x334px
>>17907047

>there's something about this website man

This is a community.

Honestly, I've learned a lot from anons here and on other boards...

>I learned how to dress better thanks to /adv/ and /fa/ (although /fa/ is full of fags)
>I've gotten good information from /fit/ >Ive had a great time on /k/ with fellow milfags and listen to /k/ommando Radio and bought patches from the /k/ Store. >I've made a bunch of friends on /int/ and because of them I've made several real life international friendships
>I've gotten solid travel advice on /trv/ that I used and really enjoyed my time because of it.
>I've gotten help from /adv/ when I've been down

I love this place Tbh. I hope 4chan never dies
>>
>>17907084

Nah, I think I was just plain happier being in a place where I don't have to walk on eggshells and play stupid politics games like other places. I've never been an edgy autist, but it's frustrating as fuck to be banned from a community you've poured years into just because you crossed the wrong person. Or you were too nice to the wrong person. Or the forums just plain disappear into nothing one day because the owner didn't feel like paying his server bills. What a shitshow those places can really be.
>>
>28
>took 7 years off and on to finally get a bachelors degree
>work history is VERY shaky, I was NEET for a good amount of time in between
>extreme social phobia, never kissed a girl
>could only work jobs that did not directly interact (or if necessary, very minimally) with the general public
>finally became financially independent at 26
>work for a year making $18/hr, get laid off
>find another job 6 months later, make $20/hr
>work there a year
>mom gets terminal cancer
>move back home to become a care giver/ emotional punching bag
>no relevant jobs in this redneck fucking town, all part time work is min/wage
>starting at square one again after a decade long struggle since highschool
>basically watching my mom die while my meager achievements become irrelevant with a growing job history gap and elevating psychiatric problems

Honestly why shouldn't I just blow my fucking head off right now.
>>
>>17907135
Because you did it before and from the sound of it you can do it again.
I'm 24 and the first half of your post sounds almost exactly like my situation. Your "meager achievements" actually made me feel hopeful, and the second half of your post sounds unimaginably rough for one person to deal with.

You have grit, you have determination, and you will ultimately come out of this as an even stronger person than you are now. Best of luck, man!
>>
>>17907135
it's hard, very hard. but you're here after all that, you're going to get far.
>>
>>17906526
>I got turned down for fucking moving boxes and filling crates, because I 'don't fit their profile' and whatnot.

Dumb your self down. Drop the degrees and any 'smart' sounding skills. Avoid large companies. Mom and pop places still do hiring the old way. There are tons of shitheads out there looking for work. Someone who shows up clean and sober who speaks proper English has a massive advantage if their resume does not show them as a flight risk.

Long term move close to a major city. There is a massive rural/urban divide in the US. Rural areas are dying, and cities are thriving.

I got an engineering degree back in 2011. Searched for a year living with my mom in flyover country. Found nothing. Got kicked out after a year and moved in with my dad. Dad lives outside a major city. Dumbed my self down and found a few shit jobs. 4 years after getting out I got a cool sounding lab job. Ended up hating it and got fired after 5 months. Now I am a cook and love it. Realized I don't need much money to be happy.

>>17907084
IMO this place still has the feel of forums from the heyday of the internet before social media. Found this place back in 2008 and never left.
>>
>>17907111

>Nah, I think I was just plain happier being in a place where I don't have to walk on eggshells and play stupid politics games like other places. I've never been an edgy autist, but it's frustrating as fuck to be banned from a community you've poured years into just because you crossed the wrong person. Or you were too nice to the wrong person. Or the forums just plain disappear into nothing one day because the owner didn't feel like paying his server bills. What a shitshow those places can really be.

The real fun starts when you start running into people in real life that also browse 4chan.
>>
I think I can beat many of you for a story. I was homeschooled and basically removed from the world at 13. Live in the middle of nowhere, as an outsider, where locals don't take kindly to non-hillbillies. These two factors mean I've never interacted with women, or even had so much as a chance to. I had to serve as a caregiver for a parent for over a decade, on a 24 hour basis at the end virtually a prisoner at home, so I've never been employed.

I'm currently 36. When my dad was stable, I was able to leave during the day to work on a degree, and I have resumed my studies toward a BS in CS after finishing reqs for my first degree. I live on student aid, having thousands and thousands in refunds (much in grants, sometimes 0 income is good) and intend to borrow much more as I'm basically a professional student at this point (I'm qualified to do nothing else). Graduate studies will hopefully keep the gravy train rolling.

I inherited a lakeside house worth several hundred thousand dollars, with a rental property that pays my property taxes, so even if I totally run out of money I have a roof over my head at least.

A strange existence, but things could be much worse so no drama from me.
>>
Surely there's still time to grow. I turned 25 this year and I still feel as smart and fit as I've ever been, despite having more or less wasted the past 6 years. What's the real cutoff? Most people seem properly fossilized by 30, but even then its hard to say what they really could or couldn't do.
>>
>>17904701
Personally I'm 26 and doing fairly well, and when I was 20 (really 19-25) my life was in the shitter, I had a BPD gf, and I was very near suicide almost every day.

For better or for worse, it doesn't take a long time to turn shit around. A couple speeding tickets can start the trajectory that ruins your life, losing ten pounds can get the ball rolling for success.

The only thing we're too old for is pro sports, and fucking high schoolers I guess.
>>
>>17904741
Not a KV but never been good at flirting with strangers, but lately I've been learning, from watching others who were successful and experimenting in my own life, that a lot of it's pretty simple.

Really small things like eye contact and smiling can make all the difference in how someone sees you. Getting a sense for them feels like learning a martial art. I don't know if it's true for everyone, like maybe some people are just way hideous, but the bar is way lower than the internet might have you believe, even when taking women's high standards and entitlement complexes into account.
>>
>>17904602
Got invited to a new year's party m80s. Nervous as shit but hopefully I don't sperg out too much. Wish me luck!
>>
I'm 19, turning 20 soon. I lurk these threads and find them quite interesting. What is something you anons regret doing/not doing in your early twenties that in hindsight could have been 'corrected' easily and benefited your future self? Could be anything, really, I'm just scared I'm going to waste my early twenties because I feel like I have no idea what I want out of life, if that makes any sense? Also, what are some mistakes you are 'happy' about that happened to you around that age? And lastly, will this mild anxiety ever go away? fml
>>
File: internet (216).jpg (203KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
internet (216).jpg
203KB, 700x807px
It's really hard for me to keep up long-term motivation,because nothing has ever worked before.
I spent all of the 2014-2015 in a constant desperate effort to improve myself, losing a shitload of weight and drastically changing my appearance along with changes in how I behave around others, trying to "fake it till you make it" throwing my shoulders back and talking to people even when I was nervous, and basically, nothing fucking changed. In fact it got worse it went from being ignored to getting shit on and called creepy.

So most of this year all that progress has been undone, I've gained back about half the weight I lost and reverted back to making no effort to socialise and just spending my free time drinking on the internet like I used to.

I can't really be assed to trying to get better when I spent years doing so and nothing happened. Part of me says just give up, stop expecting anything better than this garbage factory job and buy a trailer and don't worry about friends or girls because it's never happening.
>>
>>17907754
My main regret is not saving any money during that time period. I spent it all on alcohol.
>>
File: thumb_1343580908606.png (14KB, 226x255px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_1343580908606.png
14KB, 226x255px
Im going to be 25 in May.

Lost a great job, unemployment about to run out.

Can't get over my ex fiance from years ago. So no sex life.

No friends due to a move for the job I lost.

Should I just end it before I go over the /real/ hill?
>>
>>17905215
Basic eating

Fish
Steak
Chili with ground beef and beans
Water
Milk
Orange juice.

No soda never not even candy. Not even once. As long as you follow this easy steps you should be fine and lose a shit ton of weight.
>>
>>17906208
You should not seek woman just for sex otherwise it will die easily. If you seek them due to their personalities then you will be happy after sex is over.
>>
>>17907856

I don't have sex with any of the girls I chase
>>
>>17907851
>not listing chicken

You done fucked up. Besides fish, chicken is the healthiest protein option. Plus, if you want want chili make it with turkey then... As good as red meat is, it's kind of fattening compared to the other proteins. OP should be eating A LOT of chicken, fish, pork, and turkey. If you're going to drink milk make it 2% and orange juice is filled with sugar and unnecessary.
>>
I'm 27 and I feel like I've wasted so much of my life
Like no matter what I do, I'll be older than my competitors.

I'm just starting my career and I'm 5 years older than my peers.
It feels like shit
>>
>>17906335
Adjustable dumb bells. If you find them on sale they're typically the same price as a set of dumb bells if not cheaper but they take up virtually no space. Those and an adjustable bench will take you a long way. Dumb bells plus bench will run $300-400 unless you find them used on craigslist or garage sales. You can worry about getting a power rack and bar bell later. A good one is expensive anyway, the rack that is.
>>
>>17907111
I feel you, man.
Arrived in 2006 on the 4chins. Moved from /a/ to /int/ after several years (2012?) then took a 2 years break in 2014 once I stopped being a kv. Still, I came back due to large boredom at work.

People are damn toxic and insulting here, but they are entertaining, free and not tight-assed like on reddit where I get "downvotes" whenever I banter or speak my mind. It's actually a great pleasure to just unwind my thoughts instead of considering if I'm violating the rules or disrupt someone's feelings.

My New Year resolution is once I change jobs, I never step in this place again. Sadly, I don't know where I can find beaming people who happens to have these qualities. Maybe there is indeed something about that place.
>>
>>17907901
anon, you'll get over that feel if you keep improving

I went to a master's program that was really good and really tough, normally I'd never go because it'd be too hard; everyone there was older, and already had work experience, and I sucked the first few months in

by the end I only studied, never travelled, barely went out, was frozen with anxiety and fear a lot of the time (parents paying for the thing, quite a bit of money), but I made it and graduated ahead of a lot of others that had better chances initially (or at least I thought)

point is: appreciate yourself for starting when you did; you might not be the first, but you can be one of the really good ones
if you're good enough you can catch up and surpass the others, you just have to work for it

the real issue would be never starting anon, don't worry about it, you got the first step right
>>
>>17907798

Don't end it. Focus on getting a job first. Then, join a hobby club or something to get some interaction with like-minded people.
>>
>>17907323
This reminds me, I only got to 4chan a couple of years back, cause I got really bored, forgot to bring a book, and my bf at the time was like "I'm afraid to show you this, but here you go, this'll keep you entertained". And he pointed me to /b/, which I found kind of meh, but I ended up getting into some slower boards.
>>
>>17904602

I'm 18. A couple months from turning 19. I've been frequenting imageboards since I was 14. Always been the weird kid, tried to change hobbies/lift/'just be urself xd' and didn't work. Never had a girlfriend and my only real accomplishment was enrolling in a good college which I'm failing at this point.

Life isn't easier if you're younger. I'm sure many of you think 18 yos can go and party everyday without a care in the world but for some people it simply doesn't works out. I've spent christmas by myself and will spend new years eve alone as well, as some of you will too. Some people are already doomed from childhood.

Wish you oldfags good luck tho
>>
>>17907323
>The real fun starts when you start running into people in real life that also browse 4chan.

I've only run into one person who browses 4chan. Interesting dude but made a LOT of nazi/racist jokes (nearly got into a fight with some guy). He was eastern european so it may have been that.
>>
>>17908634
>not 25+

Please learn to read and fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (458KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
458KB, 1600x898px
>>17904602
I am 25 and an office wage slave.
I still live at home and I don't have a vehicle.
I just go to work and play games.
I bought a house but my closing date has been pushed back.
I have no friends.
I am a virgin and have never even had gf.

I don't know what to do anymore.
>>
File: Drugs-and-alcohol.jpg (342KB, 1701x927px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs-and-alcohol.jpg
342KB, 1701x927px
30 y/o wagecuck (well, hourly plus commission) reporting in. Recovering speed addict but I still drink everyday and do blow on the weekends because I work in sales and my job is stressful. It's gotten so bad I feel like I can't show my face around my old friends/family anymore. Just spend every night with raging partiers. Tried AA/NA but I can't seem to fall for the God meme no matter how many times I try. I want help but i feel like Ive burned so many bridges, especially back home where I grew up. I only seem to function around these drunks and whores. I want to stop but I don't know who to turn to. Please help.
>>
Do not fucking go gentle into that good night, oldfags. Whether there is a chance for you or not, fight as if you are alive!
>>
>>17908774

Salesfag here. Of course there's always a chance, fool. I think it was Joseph Campbell who said "The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek." I think what truly plagues us oldfags is we have siblings and friends who've bought into the typical marriage, buying a house and having kids scenario but we're part of a society or generation that is saying "no thanks," to that. At least some of us. I myself was engaged at one point for fucks sake.
>>
>>17908732
How about you fuck off bitch?
>>
>>17908758
Can you move to a less stressful vertical? Get out of sales?
>>
>>17908840
I actually don't mind the sales game. Partially I'm using this job to polish up my resume in the future. Working 2+ years in a shit market, when you're one of their best reps shows tennacity, loyalty, etc. The kind of thing higher paying employers are looking for not how good your GPA was from LibFag University.
>>
>>17908925
Fair enough. But from what you've said it's job stress that's the problem. Have you got any other hobbies you can use to let off steam?
>>
How do I enter a relationship without just jumping into touching like everyone seems to want to do? I want to be a person, not an animal.
>>
>>17906355
>condoms can stretch A LOT.
This is true, if you don't believe it, try stretching one over your foot.>>17906442
>That only works for extroverts. I don't see where or how I could meet 18-20 year olds unless I went way out of my way and creeped on a some Uni campus.
I work at a community college. I have seen 2 women that I found really attractive since I started working there. One was with her mother at the time, the other was by herself, but I didn't flirt with her because I'm terrified of a Title IX complaint, basically sexual harassment.

Sure, it's not a 4-year school, but don't think you will meet women much me easily at a college. It just improves your odds of encountering young, attractive women a bit. Doesn't make it easier to form relationships though.
>>
>>17906458
>there's plenty of time to find the "one" for you if that's what you're looking for. Start to worry when you're in your mid 30's.

>be 34 u_____u

>>17906504
There is probably stiff competition for those positions. Can you reapply? Are they actually honest about why they don't accept applicants? If they are, wait for their feedback and work on what they claim you're lacking. Apply for other jobs too.

>>17906553
>It is when you invested time, effort and money to become something you want to be and then be told 'no'
That's a big boat you're in with a lot of people, you know?
>>
Want to die.
>>
Should I quit my job?

>36.
>Haven't had a relationship since I was 25
>Got this job at 25.
>Have to get up at 2AM
>Have to go to bed at like 6-7PM
>6 days per week
>70+ hours per week sometimes
>No life.

I have no marketable skills and I make $45k after insurance and 401k. There is no way I could make this much anywhere else. But I used to have no problem attracting women when I stayed up later and I have not had a single goddamn girlfriend since I got this job.
>>
>>17909329
I have a mortgage and an unemployed room mate and I need a new truck soon so I need the money.
>>
File: feels-guy-no-gf.jpg (42KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
feels-guy-no-gf.jpg
42KB, 500x343px
>no gf
>at least I have the gym
>legs still sore from last time and can't even finish my squats today

Why even live
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>17909347
Every day is squat day
>>
>25 year old kissless virgin
>no friends since 13-14 years old, basically just always the "class clown" type that makes observational humor jokes but nothing of substance
>ugly as fuck, confirmed this IRL and posting online
>been miserable basically my entire life
>graduated college 3 years ago but shit job
>can't see myself ever getting better in any respects to work ,socializing, etc, because no motivation since i have no one and nothing to work towards
>literally afraid to socialize with all people, let alone girls, because up to this point everyone has obviously hated me so i don't want to burden people with my presence and if they see i have no life they will ditch me anyway
>life is completely hopeless for me
>have to post videos of myself masturbating my huge dick on reddit for any sexual attention at all

>can't discuss my problems with anyone because it would be humiliating and make me even more of a laughingstock than i already am, while normal people can talk about depression issues and it's fine
>only place i would be able to discuss them with is an online forum like this where maybe people had made it and could give real life advice instead of platitudes like "lift and shower"
>if i try to bring up my issues i get told to "go back to r9k" or some foreveralone board on reddit with a bunch of other aspie losers like me and its a cesspool of negativity
>>
>>17909351
Correct. I squat at the start of every exercise. Did 5x5 last day, was trying a PR today and even the first set was really sore.
>>
>>17909378
Are you doing 5/3/1? If you are doing 5x5 or 3x5 maybe go down to twice per week with the third day 4x12 accessories and no legs? I have seen some super huge dudes on /fit/ who claimed they only did SS twice per week.
>>
>>17908990
I used to. I used to play Street Fighter and Tekken competitively. I worked out every day, went to concerts a lot with friends, rode my bike everywhere. Then one day I just shut down. I became that dumb asshole everyone should simply forget. Everything I used to love just feels like a chore now. I am fully aware I'm in control of my own life but it certainly doesn't feel like it, especially when sober. Inb4 kill yourself
>>
>>17909351
>>17909378
>squats every day
>wtf
You guys are idiots. Rest is crucial to muscle growth. At least give yourself a day, two is better, between muscle groups. If you're really lifting you shouldn't be able to have a good session the very next day.

>>17909606
There are lots of people who claim this. Maybe it works for them. There's some pro body builder who claimed you only needed like a 1x5 once a week.

But anyway working out the same muscle group everyday is just plain dumb. It's a universal fact.
>>
>>17909606
Most people graduate from SS after six months or so. It gives you a foundation to move onto volume training.
>>
>>17909639
What is volume training? I've been on and off of Stronglifts 5x5 for about a year and a half and would like to try something else.
>>
>>17909632
Every day as in every time I exercise, which is normally three times a week.

>>17909606
Doing 5x5. Maybe it's time to switch to 3x5 for squats. It's not even that heavy, I'm just small.
>>
>>17909653
Typically it's high sets at about 60-70% of your 1 rep max. By high, I mean like 10x10 with no more than 60 seconds between sets. At first it won't seem bad the first couple of sets but by the time you get to the 8-10 set you will feel the burn. And by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th exercise you'll really feel it. You'll probably only be able to get in about 4 movements. If you can go more then you need to increase the weight a little because your muscles should be burning at that point.
>>
>>17909682
Well that makes a little more sense.

Do you use a belt? If not, you should. And a good belt actually makes a noticeable difference over a shitty belt. And do you use knee sleeves? Now these things are a game changer. And again, the better they are the more noticeable a difference they make. I've got some shitty $30 ones but my brother let me use his $120 ones and I can comfortably squat a lot more.
>>
>>17909716
No, I've seen other people use belts but I don't think that'd be necessary at what I'm lifting. I think I'd feel silly squatting 80KG with kneesocks but I've heard good things about them.
>>
>>17909719
That's about what my warm up set is and I wear my belt then. If it's a relatively high weight for you then a belt is just fine. Just because it doesn't seem like a lot, if it is a lot to you then it is a lot.

If you're still reluctant to wear a belt that fine, I guess. If you want to try an make your 5x5 tougher then go really low with your squats if you already aren't.
>>
>>17909735
Yeah, I feel like I'd be laughed out of the gym doing 80KG with a belt. Might try out the kneesocks, though.

I do go as low as I can though. I do a decent amount of warm-up sets which helps with the mobility.

Thanks for the advice, dude.
>>
Will this be the year I get my dick wet after a several year drought?
>>
>>17909632
>Rest is crucial to muscle growth. At least give yourself a day, two is better, between muscle groups
fuck, that's right, I've been fucking up by doing one set in the morning and one in the evening.
Thanks for reminding me
>>
>>17910305
I see what you did there. Double splits are perfectly fine but you're not going to work X in the morning then hit X again in the afternoon. It's a scientific fact that you need anywhere from 24-48 hours between working a particular group to fully recuperate, not to mention be able to actually get in a good workout with full use of those muscles instead of half assing it. Now if you're on gear then you can work out the same muscle group every single day if you want and work out 7 days a week.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing arms in the morning then legs in the evening. But you have to realize that it can still be hard to do doubles throughout the week since a lot of movements in most people's routines are compound and you'll slightly fatigue the second group you want to hit. I'm not saying you can't do doubles but if you really want to get the most out of a workout you want to be 100%.... A lot of people do double splits and swear by them but honestly it's not the most effective unless you're on gear.
>>
>>17910305
And before you say something retarded again, I didn't mean you can't work chest/back the same day or biceps/triceps, or any combination. The point is though you shouldn't workout a particular muscle group without getting rest before hitting that or them again. Which brings me back to the initial comment of "squats everyday" which is fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1474749766450.jpg (26KB, 428x440px) Image search: [Google]
1474749766450.jpg
26KB, 428x440px
>>17904602

>25

My life is in shambles, wish I could die, or pay a doctor for assisted suicide. I'm still in a part-time gig and I hate everything.
>>
28 year old annon here, I believe I've hit my lowest point, I've spent over 72 hours this week playing videogames, I've lost vision of everything, I find no purpose on going out whatsoever, I seem to lose friends by the day....perpetually stuck in the friendzone (funny story because it seems that every single girl I lay my eyes either gets back with her ex or gets a boyfriend in no time), even jerking off seems pointless...Honestly I doubt that I'll make it to the end of this year.
>>
>>17909352
>have to post videos of myself masturbating my huge dick on reddit for any sexual attention at all

Ok, this sounds like a troll post.
>>
>>17911190
Probably is but take /soc/, it's like 90% male and is very jailhouse gay.
>>
>>17904602
>30 years old
> married, and have a mistress wife allows.
>business owner
>great health.
>read and post on 4chan
> OP doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
I have been an alcoholic for 15 years and i have decided alcohol no longer does good things for me. Alcohol is only bad things every time. I want to switch to something else but psychedelics are out because weed gives me marijuana induced psychosis. Cocaine seems like a pretty bro-tier recreational substance. I know lots of high functioning people who do a little blow every once in a while and you woupd mever guess it until you partied with them.

About how much wouod it cost to do cocaine one or two nights per month? Is it possible to sleep the same night you do it or is it strictly a weekend drug? How bad is the "hangover"? How obvious is it when you are on it? Could i talk to a cop and not get arrested?
>>
>>17904602
Bump
>>
>>17911443
>liar
or
>I don't know what an exception is
>>
>>17904602
>28
I sure am glad I have this thread. Probably the most pathetic NYE yet. I mean it's normal that I'm alone and have no friends to go out with. It's become normal that I lie to my parents about seeing friends and instead go out driving around in the car all night. Last year I saw an escort on NYE so of course I did it again this year. A little fake intimacy and companionship help pass the time. But this is the first time I've been so lonely and without better options that I replied to a craigslist advert and got throat fucked, then ass fucked over the hood of my own car by some random guy in a parking lot.

To think just three months ago I was having the time of my life with a wonderful girl... things sure turn to shit fast when you're so reliant on one person for happiness.
>>
>>17911085

Quit jerking off, go to the library and LEARN just fucking grow some balls and browse interesting stuff man. Fuck's sake!
>>
>>17911085

>i've spent over 72 hours this week playing videogames

reminds me of my last year of uni

I've been there before. Didn't eat, didn't sleep unitl 5 AM, i swear my hair would have fallen out if I kept it up any longer.

Talking to someone, anyone, will help. Parents and siblings are a good starting point.
>>
I am a 25 yo french guy. Reasonably attractive.

I am a engineer and work as a consultant at KPMG, I make 40K euro a year.
Not to bad.

But... I am fucking lonely, I work a lot, my freindship with my friends has been weakening, I don't see them often.

And I'm a fucking virgin, I don't know what to do. I just can get pass some stage in relationship with girls. I can't manage to be more than a friend,

I do meet new people including girls thought my job but... I just can not get into a relationship. I just don't know how I can.

I think I will just die rich and lonely.
>>
anyone else never talk to anyone about how they feel? i figure this is probably common with guys but i just want to get an idea

i started thinking about this today and i realized i never talk about my feelings with anyone and never have, not with parents or anything. if i wanted to im sure they would indulge me but i think it would be uncomfortable for them and i know it would be uncomfortable for me

an ex girlfriend used to complain about how i was hard to read and never opened up to her, but i got closer to opening up with her than anyone else, i just ultimately feel like i cant let my guard down

anyone else?
>>
>>17906975
At least 8 years for me.

>Fuck me, the amount of time I've wasted.

know that feel, but as I've gotten older I've come to realize how complicated everything in life is. The alternative choice may not have been any better. If you really wanted to go to 4chan but constantly overrode it every time, you might be more depressed, or you mightn't know certain things about the world. Aside from eating cheetohs and playing videogames all day, it's hard to prove that anything you do is actually bad. Even then, the experience of being extremely addicted to videogames is an experience in itself.

>Still better than the time I've wasted on Reddit, though.

Yup. Reddit is a hateful and worthless site. They're manipulators and scam artists. The entire idea of the site to have thumb-ups that everyone sees is fundamentally flawed. I don't want to see what people who got most votes said, I want to see what the average person is saying. They banned RT.com as a news source, they make it out like being anti-GMOs for example is some ridiculous far-fetched idea, it's a horrible site.
>>
>>17907754
Dating my first gf. Started at 18 until 21, then my second gf from 21 until now. Mostly out of fear of being alone and too shy/awkward to chase girls casually.

Also, not paying attention to classes, study and profession overall, probably because it took me too long to realize I was/am anxious as fuck

Turned out well, graduated, love my girlfriend, made lots of friends and had crazy parties, but I'd rather have focused more on my own instead of invisting in relationships so early on.

Guess the saying that you only regret things you didn't do is true
>>
>>17912738
>The entire idea of the site to have thumb-ups that everyone sees is fundamentally flawed.
Yeah, that pisses me off about Reddit and what I love about 4chan.

Everyone on 4chan has an equal voice.
>>
>>17912743
how old are you? i graduated last year with a crap degree, going back to try to fix my mistake.

im 24 right now and i think im already too far gone. im almost convinced that finding a girl i can have kids with without getting screwed/cheated on is nearly impossible, which is giving me a sort of "why even bother" attitude
>>
>>17912599
>28 here

Do online dating. It wasn't a thing the last time I was single, but me and my gf started using tinder chasing a girl for a threesome and we did surprisingly well.

We're like 7/10 as a couple, me being the one who drags it down. Managed to nail three different girls, 2 very hot and one roastie.

So you see, we managed the hardest thing for a couple like us, that would be finding a single, bi girl who's not crazy or dst ridden (the hottest ones never did it and one of them never had sex with a girl), with a straight up couple profile stating exactly what we were about.

I can only imagine how easy it is for single guys today. Just do a profile and give zero fucks if you spill your spaghetti. Just block girls if it becomes to awkward, matches are disposable so you can just burn through some without feeling guilty until you work up your game.
>>
>>17912781
I'm 28 bro. You start feeling younger after you realize you're not too old for anything. Idk how things work in your country, but in mine the grades don't mean too much. I've failed classes as much as three times before passing. Nobody ever cared.

For relationships there's no secret, you just have to date after date and enjoy every girl by what she is. If she's just casual or fwb, so be it. Keep in touch with her but don't lose focus on searching. You'll only ever meet and know if a girl is date material by trial and error.
>>
>>17912810
thanks man. ill try to get out there more to find a non shit girl
>>
>>17906268
>I'm 24 and work a boring office job with no real friends or direction in life spending another Friday night alone in my apartment. I hate being so introverted but I just don't know how to make friends anymore!

Me too. I honestly feel like a goddamn failure because I wasted college without getting key internships or connections. Now I'm just stuck with doing shitty data entry roles barely related to my degree. I have no idea how to fix this beyond just do good at work.

And I'm introverted as all hell, and thus have no fucking clue how to meet new people properly. And when I do, I feel way too fucking ashamed and too much of a loser to even engage properly.
>>
>>17912915
Keep at it bro. It's always the roll of a dice. Women come and go if you let them. If you're not good in a relationship, let her go and move on.

I was either crazy lucky or just too accommodated with my current gf, but now I legitimately can say that she's the woman I'm marrying, after dating for 8 years. I've been with a few other girls but things just didn't click. The only way to find them is keep looking and patching your heart when it breaks on the way. It's just like a bone, it gets stronger where it broke, so at some point you'll get the hang of it.
>>
File: 1477695146606.jpg (233KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [Google]
1477695146606.jpg
233KB, 1280x957px
I'm 26 and still working for minimum wage at a coffee shop. Life is shit, etc etc. However, there's a cute girl at my work who I'm slowly becoming infatuated with. Sometimes I think I catch good vibes coming from her, but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking. I'm really, really socially retarded, I don't drink, I've never had a social life, I don't really know how to make small talk.

When I'm working I can toss out the occasional quip that makes her laugh, but whenever I visit on my days off my attempts at conversation are godawful and usually met with really neutral responses.

As fate would have it, she was my secret santa this year and I probably went overboard with her gift. After a week of cold sweating, she took the time when we were alone to tell me she really liked the gift, and it was the first time we had a genuine conversation.

She clearly doesn't think of me the way I think of her, but I don't know if there's a chance. I wish I could just let it go but I feel myself becoming fixated on her like an autist. What do?
>>
>25
>on track for goals
>no degree and no plan or intention to acquire one
>wake up, eat, shit, piss, work, return home, hobbies, sleep
>weeaboo, novice wrench-turner and has-been roboticist
>KV, no dates ever
Where do I meet shut-in nerd girls that isn't an anime convention
>>
>>17912959
>wishful thinking

Most likely it is. Just because a girl is nice too you doesn't necessarily mean she wants to go to bed with you.
>>
>>17912989
How do I learn to tell the difference so I don't jump at shadows or pass up legitimate opportunities?
>>
>>17912538
>I replied to a craigslist advert and got throat fucked, then ass fucked over the hood of my own car by some random guy in a parking lot.

Wat.
>>
>>17912994
I'm pretty sure the difference is going to be clear unless you're super autistic.
>>
>>17904602
No fatties or chubby chasers allowed either! If you losers haven't landed a girl yet it's best to start off trying for a girl at a lower weight otherwise you will be stuck with a fat ass once you're trapped with it down the line. Goodluck you desperate virgins.
>>
I'm 26 this year, finally got a job and returned to college last year.

The university I attend is a really chill place. It's one of the best in my country and something about the architecture and size make it really congenial for socialization. It also has an everyone-knows-everyone vibe to it.

I feel like utter shit there. I'm a complete fucking outcast. All my attempts of socialization were embarrassing, and some were so bad that they keep me awake at night. I am anti-social af, but I actually tried to give the whole "let's make friends" thing a go and it lead to a few drunk moments I really regret. I've become kind of pariah, I feel gossip circulating and some mild hostility from people I barely interacted with. I'm so much a "that guy" that I feel more of a weirdo today than I used to feel back in high school.

Then there's work. A nice office job I was surprised I managed to land on. It's complete alienation and most interactions are professional, and I kind of like that. There's a bar right across the street that everyone goes to once the shift is over, and I have never been invited to go with them but that's cool. Relationship with people there is kind cordial but distant, and that's the best I can hope for.

Despite everything I managed to make like two friends in college I go out with, but I have the terrible feeling that association with me is bad for them. But we are planning a trip for the end of the year and I'm really fucking excited about it. Some people I met way back in middle school still invite me out a few times a year. And my ex who I dated between 22 and 24 (my only romance ever) still talks to me from time to time. Besides that, I dont have any friends. This is the full extent of my social life. But it's better than most of my post-8th grade shit.

I really like these threads. They really make me feel less alone. I don't know what the feeling that I'm the only one in the universe going through shit like this could do to me at this point.
>>
File: based man.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
based man.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
25 years old and I'm trying to get a job where I don't really have too much experience in. The requirements for the job are a
>high school diploma
>some office work exp.

I've only worked in bars and restaurants, so I guess I have people skills. I do know how to use a computer and basic MS office software. I also have some college experience. I never finished my degree but I did do alright in my classes.

So just by that do I really have a chance?
>>
>>17913872
>, I feel gossip circulating and some mild hostility from people I barely interacted with.

It can't be that bad. At uni you're more invisible than ever.
>>
File: 1447557446300s.jpg (4KB, 107x124px) Image search: [Google]
1447557446300s.jpg
4KB, 107x124px
>>17904602
I'm 30 and I still don't own and home nor am I married.

It sucks.

I'm basically at a point in my life I should have been at in my early 20s. I have a career, two college degrees, a steady healthy relationship, and I'm content with the path I'm taking.

But I put zero money in the bank in my 20's. I didn't save. I didn't work out. I didn't figure out a trade or any cool skills. I basically just got a job after my Master's and started teaching. I've got 10 years of experience just standing in front of classrooms and barking at teenagers. And so much of my 20's I spent paying down debt (which I still carry), avoiding taking risks because I didn't want to lose the safe path (now I'm considered too old for most PhD and trade programs), and just chasing shitty broken relationship after shitty broken relationship (and only when I nearly turned 30 did I find one that worked).

Don't do what I did, guys.

Get a fucking trade. Put off paying debt while you still can and just sock money away. Get phyiscally active and learn a cool skill while you can. At 30, I'm still overweight and am seriously feeling the side effects coming on. I have such little motivation to get fit. I wasted 10 beautiful years not learning an instrument or traveling or any of that shit.

Now I'm happily in a relationship, but what can I offer besides my personality and actions? I don't know how to fix plumbing or change my oil. I don't have money in the bank to surprise my gf with a trip to Hawaii. I can't even afford a ring.

Don't be a loser like me, anons. Sure I lost my virginity young and got a STEM degree, but it didn't work out. Don't believe any of the memes on this board. Please. Focus on being a better you. Love yourself before anything else. Invest in your future instead of living in the present.

I wish I knew all of that. Now I'll be stuck with a wife and kids at 32 with no money put away and no ability to realize my dreams.

I understand American Beauty so much better now.
>>
>>17914984
I should add that the worst feeling I have is seeing my former students all grown up and realizing how much better they have it.

I didn't even go out on NYE because my gf wanted to stay in and all of my friends are also adults who didn't go out.

Seeing all of these young 20-somethings having these glorious nights just made me sad. I wish I had that.
>>
>>17914984
Got anymore tips?

I'm 23 and I'm still in college. I should have been done with my degree, but I'm so fucking behind that its not even funny. I also hate my degree. I'm an accounting major and I really can't see myself doing this in the future.

I want to take a break from school, but my mom wants me to continue. I need to hurry up and get a real job so I can help her pay the bills. I hate seeing her work so hard and make so little. As of now I work at a restaurant. I make alright tips, but since the holidays are over I'm sure I won't be making that much anymore.

I'm so fucking lost in life. I deleted my fb because seeing all my former classmate getting married and having great lives made me a depressed fuck.

I know you won't have all the answers, but got any more advice/tips?
>>
>>17915009
I felt that way so goddamn much once I started teaching. I was living at home with my parents still, paying them rent when I was making under $500 a month and starting to pay back my bills. It was hell.

If you hate accounting, leave. That's the best advice I can give. You will be so much happier.

Alternatively, get an internship in accounting. See if you do like it, then the internship will probably turn into a job.

I got very good at finding scholarships, internships, etc. Part of the reason I got employed so young in my career. Doesn't make me any happier, but it helped me get out of the parents' house sooner.
>>
>>17904682
Your anxiety will just get worse the more you stay in your house.
>>
>>17914984
I'm 29 and I partially feel you bro. I have no home, no money, and had no trade I excelled at until now

I partially blame it on living in a shitty country where most my age are struggling to get their own homes too, but I also admit I didn't want to lower my standard of living to pursue that.

However, we're still young as hell dude. See how long most of our parents/grand parents are living now. We still have at least another 30 years standing strong ahead of us. My father in law is 62 and runs fucking marathons. Our old folks, unless struck by some ilness, are living up to 80, sometimes 90. We most probably will live up to that age.

So don't think you're too old for your things. When we're in our early 20's we're barelly mature adults to really know what we are doing. And a few who do think they know, end up living a life they dislike for fear of changing at older age, full of regrets. No wonder anxiety and depression are so common.

So start now, you're still in time to go to the gym. I'm starting it (again) for the Nth time. You can still do great in your field, or change fields too.
>>
>>17915009
I'm not that anon, but if you're close to graduating, just stand strong and finish it. It's worth even if you're not working on it. Then change trades.

Also encourage your mother to improve her earnings, get her into doing something at home she can sell online. There's ton's of things nowadays that are valued just because they are hand maid. My mom made a ton of money in the holidays just doing felt christmas trees, which is hard work but cheap in materials.
>>
own place
girlfriend
good job

still dont feel complete or happy.
things are better, but i dont know.
>>
I'm 31 and still doing a degree.

I don't "blame" anyone. I don't feel any stigma to it... well maybe a little, but I don't think it's legitimate. I mean there's nothing fair or clear about it. I didn't make any bad choices in my life that things went this way, but even if I had I would just move on from them.

Why put people on a ladder? Everyone has their own path in life. I think there's some inner instinct or drive to put value to people who have lots of money, however it doesn't make sense in the modern world. If nothing else it's a waste of time.
>>
Uglyness and discovering women true nature ruined my life.
>>
I have never had sex because every time I had the chance I couldn't stop thinking it was actually a trap to kill me, or someone was going to come in and shoot me afterwards because lol have sex before you die
>>
26 here, just a few hours left to finish an important document for work, but I'm wasting time on the internet cause I can't bring myself to work.
It's been this way ever since I lost my angel, the love of my life, it's been months but I can't recover, I miss her so
>>
>>17915047
My mom is 53 and she can't really speak english that well. My asshole dad left when I was 8, so she had to take care of me and my older sister. We both do whatever we can to help pay the bills. My sister makes more money than I do, but she also works a lot, so I want to help them both out.

>>17915025
I just hate school in general. I'm not good at making friends or just connecting with people. I need to fix my shit because I really don't want to work at the restaurant anymore.
>>
Who else late 20s and feeling that pressure to meet a nice woman and start a family?
>>
>>17907434
>I inherited a lakeside house worth several hundred thousand dollars, with a rental property that pays my property taxes, so even if I totally run out of money I have a roof over my head at least.
You don't make any profit on it at all? You just break even? How will you pay for upkeep then?

>>17907783
Why not at least keep maintaining your image? You worked too hard to throw that away.>>17908925
>Working 2+ years in a shit market, when you're one of their best reps shows tennacity, loyalty, etc. The kind of thing higher paying employers are looking for not how good your GPA was from LibFag University.
What he doesn't realize is they'll throw him out like a used tissue too. There is no loyalty in work.

>>17909378
Your legs and ass need a rest. It's the rest that builds muscle. You're going to wind up with an injury if you keep up that pace. Take 2 days before working the same muscle group again.

>>17912959
Ask her out on a date. If she turns you down, it's over. If she agrees, it could be the start of something wonderful or at the least, interesting. It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>17904602
but I'm so bored without it

any 25+ here play overwatch? 27f come play ow with me dudes
>>
>>17912980
I'll take the lack of (You)s as my answer.
>>
>>17915323
Me. My parents bug me about it all the time and even go as far as trying to pay to sign me up on dating sites. I think they're feeling like they have to do something since my younger brother is now engaged while I haven't been in a relationship in years. I just can't find a way to explain to them that online dating wouldn't help. (Plus, how desperate would someone seem to let their parents pay for an online dating site?) Hopefully they'll forget about it someday since I can't see my situation changing any time soon.
>>
Does anyone itt have advice for asking for recommendation letters from professors you haven't seen or spoken to in about five years?

I'm considering applying to grad school, but I don't think I was a particularly stand out student; I made good grades, but I was shy and mostly kept to myself, so I'm not sure that these professors will even remember me, and I don't know how to go about approaching the subject or if they'll even be willing to write recs for someone going to grad school five years after undergrad.
>>
>>17913983
Learn to spin your bar experiences in the terms they'll want in the office. You can probably tell them you have good organizational skills and can handle working under pressure, that sort of thing. Think about how your experiences have taught you skills for office work, don't get too hung up on not having the "right" experience for an entry level position.
>>
>>17916281

Doesn't hurt to try, just explain what you're trying to do and your concerns.
>>
>27
>great relationship
>new city
>all friends long distance, struggling to make local ones
>trying to get back into work/school after three years of extreme depression making me NEET mode

I feel both excited about the options in front of me and terrified. Like, what if I pick something and I hate it? I feel like a failure for being 27 with little work history and not much to show for my existence in general, and I'm pressuring myself to make up for lost time and get to where I think I should be based on my peers. And I know that's not the best attitude, but I can't seem to get over it.
>>
Does anyone else feel like they are getting pulled so many different ways that you are losing time to just be with yourself?

I feel like 90% of my interactions are people that I feel like I'm trudging through life with... having to go visit the girlfriends parents for multiple days... having to fly to see dad on other side of the country.... driving to my moms on a weeknight in traffic to eat dinner

It sounds fucking terrible because I shouldn't resent my time with these people in the slightest, but I just feel like at the end of the day, I haven't had enough time to be by myself
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.