[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I want to get a tattoo but I'm a bit overweight (not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hi,

I want to get a tattoo but I'm a bit overweight (not obese, but still). Will it really look like shit if I lose weight or gain muscles? What parts of the skin are most likely to stretch?
>>
>>17903853

top of the biceps are good. upper back is good, calves, hands and feet are good. anything on your chest, underside of your arm, stomach or thigh area will be subject to change depending on how much fat you lose/muscle you gain.

if you're going for a drastic weight change then perhaps you should wait but if you just want to gain a bit of muscle or lose a bit of fat the body has an amazing knack for retaining skin elasticity and definition.

tldr; if you're a huge fat ass, wait. if you're just a bit chubby, don't worry about it.
>>
>>17903879
Exactly the answer I was looking for, thanks man. I'm not a huge fatass, just definitively overweight, but I don't really care about it (maybe I should).

Also, maybe you have no idea, but is having a tattoo a red flag for a job employer nowadays?
>>
>>17903892

>Also, maybe you have no idea, but is having a tattoo a red flag for a job employer nowadays?

it definitely still is but its becoming less and less of a stigma. it really depends on your profession and what you want to do.

i'm covered in tattoos but i used to work at a tattoo/piercing shop, then i was a logger, then i was a touring musician and now i do private armed security, so my tattoos, in context with my life, have never stopped me from doing what i wanted.

if i wanted to work in an office setting or some kind of professional customer service related job they would obviously have an issue.

having a tattoo that you can easily cover up is honestly no big deal anymore.
>>
>>17903920
I'm probably gonna end up working in the academic world, teaching kids and writing papers about uninteresting subjects. I should ask my teachers if tattoos are okay. It will probably be easy to cover up anyway.
>>
>>17903853
Tattoos tend to look like shit regardless, as they fade with time.
>>
File: old-person-tattoo-beard.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
old-person-tattoo-beard.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>17903926

Then I wouldn't worry about it. Get something you can cover up and it's no biggie.

>>17903931

Everything fades with time, bruh.

People always ask me "WELL WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WHEN YOU'RE 80?" when they see my tattoos and that question always confuses me because I think of it in the context of being 80. Why the fuck would I walk around at 80 years old worried about what people think about my faded tattoos?

I'd like to think I'd be more concerned about making it to the buffet and back without breaking a fucking hip.
>>
>>17903983
I was thinking of a time scale much shorter than that. But if you're not bothered by your tattoo looking like shit, i think we're done here.
>>
>>17903853
Honestly, wait until you lose weight and get one somewhere where you can cover it. Unfortunately, most of those places are ones that will vary with weight.

Also, just a heads up, tattoos on your arms and legs if you're a guy (assuming you are) are often a big red flag for girls. Tattoos over rippling back muscles however, are very sexy.
>>
>>17904011

>But if you're not bothered by your tattoo looking like shit

I guess that depends on what your definition of "looks like shit" is. I don't think it looks like shit. The majority of people I meet don't think it looks like shit. If you're underhandedly asking me if I'm okay with living my life the way I want despite a varying amount of people thinking I look like shit then the answer is a resounding yes. I happily accept the consequences of my decisions the same way everyone else must. Doesn't bother me a bit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.