[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Is college truly necessary? I'm thinking about going to the military if anything. As a side note, I don't want to rely on my family for shit, I'm fine with living in a car if need be. I just don't see the point in paying thousands of dollars on books, shit teachers, and a shitty little dorm.
>>
>>17903627

necessary? no. helpful? yes. though only if you really know what you want to do.

id at least go get an associates degree with the gen eds. i got an associates degree and got hired as a receptionist, and now i manage the whole business.
>>
Military is just flat-out suicide while college is a morphine drip-feed of suicide. Even with the welfare you can obtain from it (if you're special needs or poor as death. Or both.)

At least in the military, you can make money after a set amount of time. Although to make money at that point, you would be broken.
>>
The military is for people who can't afford college, people who wouldn't be able to cope in college, and people who think they're above college.
>>
>>17903644
So basically, everyone? Who is truly fine with the monotonous need to study, your life is just being slowly drained away, what for, a fucking piece of paper for a job?
>>
>>17903627
College is necessary and extremely helpful

IF

You already know what you want to do. If not then don't bother or only go oart time until you're ready.
>>
>>17903636
I don't think so.
I live in a country which the best universities are free. (But it requires you to pass a rigorous exam)
I got my chem e degree there and i'm very satisfied, despite the difficulties and dedicating my life for 4 whole years.
>>
Depends on what you want to do.

If you want to learn a specific set of skills, trade school may be a better option.
>>
>>17903657
>So basically, everyone?
Uh no? There are plenty of people who can afford college (or think they can), plenty of people who can cope in college, and plenty of people who don't think they're above college (unlike OP)
>>
>>17903627
if your degree is in demand you can do both. I just got a scholarship from the navy to finish school.
To answer your question though, school is an investment. It sucks. It drains your resources. But if you succeed you'll get back way more than you put in. There is nothing wrong with joining the military instead of going to school, lots of guys go and then when they are older and have money put aside they can go to school without living in a shitty apartment and eating Ramen every night.
>>
>that image
>dirty Chilean comrade detected
>>
>>17903905
btw the Navy is the best branch, just gotta suck up living in a submarine every few months for a few years to get the cushy office job.

Pro Tip: Odontologia is a meme right now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.