[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends once you're out of college? I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg (107KB, 250x370px) Image search: [Google]
40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg
107KB, 250x370px
How do you make friends once you're out of college?

I feel like I've made a monumental mistake by spending my high school and college years in front of a computer. At least it helped get that code monkey job.
>>
>>17903426

you start at work and make your way out. if you're a code monkey you probably don't live in a small town, yeah, what city?
>>
>>17903426
This is why i appreciate college. HS was just terrible.

Make new friends at community centers, meetup groups, skill building activities, etc.

I was thankful to finding a parkour group and making acquaintances who was down to chill... but being a lazy stoner faggot, i got lazy and chilled with other lazy niggers lel

No regrets, i can always return. Don't burn bridges
>>
Churches are great if you are into that, (or desperate enough to pretend to be into that)
>>
>>17903551
This.
I have worked at a couple different churches and synagogues and the people are all so nice. Maybe you can find something like a Unitarian church were there isn't a religious aspect, just the community
>>
>>17903589
What do people actually do in a church? Last time I was there I was still a kid and all I remember was standing in crowd and listening to a long prayer from which I couldn't understand a thing because priest had a shitty microphone. How do you actually make friends there?
>>
>>17903426

Do shit for fun. Depending on your nerd level, you can use Anime Conventions and comic book stores. But take up a theater class, do volunteer work, just do something.
>>
>>17903691

From my experience there's usually a whole community surrounding the church you can get involved with. You get into it by hanging around after the service and drinking church coffee while mingling. After that there's choirs, home prayer groups.. all kinds of stuff.

The sunday service is a small (but important) part, but far from everything that goes on.
>>
>>17903551
>>17903589
>>17903691
>>17903720
In my experience, churches and other religious places tend to be filled with people either older or younger than people our age. Assuming you're the average 4channer age
>>
>>17903726
you have to find some real hick churches to avoid the social ladder bullshit with mainstream christianity
>>
>>17903726

Hmm, probobly true. The one I go to is in the middle of a huge student city so it's got plenty around my age. But it might not be the norm.
>>
>>17903744
Hick churches have their own problems

>>17903747
If you live in a student city, that's probably a better place than a hick town, but it's still probably not going to be a friend factory. There's nothing wrong with giving it a go though, worst case scenario is that you don't like it and waste a Sunday morning.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.