[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Confrontational vs. Passive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I've become very confrontational, and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. I try to pick my words and battles carefully, like if there's a big fucking guy who can kick my ass and he does something I don't like, naturally I'll look the other way, but otherwise if someone is just sitting there being a dick I've begun to actually confront them and try to argue with them back over stuff. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, because it's adding some stress to my life, but it's also making me feel less like a pussy. I used to be a massive doormat. In Middle School, I literally once let some kid draw a swastika on my hand because I was too afraid to say anything or stop him. Now if someone did that I'd probably just start shit.

I've been doing it to my family members too, particularly to the ones who try to sit and *tell* me how to run my life and what to spend money on. I used to just shrug and ignore it, but now I'm actively sitting there and arguing with them and telling them how what they're saying is dumb and wrong. Then I feel kind of like a dick after.

Should I go back to the way I was before? Or is this a step in the right direction?

What do YOU guys do in situations like this?
>>
>>17794135

>like if there's a big fucking guy who can kick my ass and he does something I don't like, naturally I'll look the other way, but otherwise if someone is just sitting there being a dick I've begun to actually confront them and try to argue with them back over stuff.

You are a little cunt. You are doing literally the opposite of what you are supposed to.
>>
>>17794135
That image appears to have the two sides mixed up.
>>
>>17794135
>meaningful experiences in an inherently meaningless system

I don't think alpha male knows how to think beyond himself
>>
>>17794153
>>17794155
Yeah I really had no idea what to fucking put as the OP image for this so I just grabbed something from my "alpha male" images folder.

>>17794143
No, it's called not being completely retarded. Would you fucking honestly go up to some niggers who are harassing you and try to challenge them? No, rambo mcgee, you'd run away.
>>
>>17794153
Wait, what? How? Men, actual real fucking men not this faggot new age wave of asshole fucks who act all tough but when push comes to shove they bitch out, wouldn't think of behaving in any way that OP's image depicts betas behaving. Also, it forgot to mention, you have to be no less than 6' to be alpha. Who ever heard of a small wolf leading the pack?
>>
>>17794991
Is this a joke or just deep-rooted insecurity?
>>
I'm the definition of Beta then

You learn something new every day
>>
It sounds to me like you are new to standing up for yourself so you haven't found a healthy middle road yet. Completely normal. Once you're more accustomed to picking fights you'll just have a gut feeling about whether you want to leave it be or not.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.