[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently studying physics and been thinking of studying it along

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1468544216268.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1468544216268.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Currently studying physics and been thinking of studying it along with an economics degree, is that viable or would just be hard af? Would you rather just go for the master in economics?
>>
Do serious research on job prospects for booty degrees. Talk to actual people who have the jobs. Reddit is the place find them

I have an econ degree and got it without going to class or knowing calculus. It might be very easy for you if you have the mind for abstraction. Ended up working in IT somehow

On the flip side, physicists are working on wall Street and google because of their math skills. Math majors too.

Mechanical engineering is more practical application of high level Math and reasoning skills

I don't know many people who have used their econ degrees to do econ, besides two professors.

But econ is absolutely fascinating, the reason why I majored in it. So think hard and good luck. There are no answers. A solid understanding of econ principles will improve your life in many ways outside of work
>>
File: 1285396114959.jpg (57KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1285396114959.jpg
57KB, 852x480px
>>17584138

>booty degrees
>>
Nah, it's pointless. If you want to find a solid job in economics just get an economics degree (and masters, maybe, I don't know what you learn for a bachelors degree and what you don't) and be sure to know your math. Learn financial modelling and engineering and you'll have a plethora of well-paid, high-satisfaction jobs open to you because plebs with an economic degree can't into math.

Many physicists go for finance jobs because some of the concepts in financial engineering resemble concepts that are used in physics. And they know math. But if you're only looking for a job in finances there's no reason to learn physics, unless you have an interest in it. Something that would help you more in finances would be some database knowledge and analysis tools, maybe even coding. Stuff like SQL, MathLab, EViews.
>>
Yes, you should. It's a powerful combination and highly desirable on the job market. Top that off with a language or two and you're golden.
>>
If you are going into economics, if your uni offers a math intensive econ package, go for it. Most econ majors work for the government or in finance so it pays well to know statistics and financial models.

>>17584156

Ignore this retard who has no idea wtf he is talking about.
>>
>>17584225
economics pleb who can't into math and is stuck working as clerk detected
>>
>>17584237
Accountant who has no clue about the more prestigious financial jobs detected.
>>
>>17584237

I work as a financial analyst 2 with my economic pleb degree but hey thanks for noticing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.