[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I bring up the topic of children to my gf? We've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
How do I bring up the topic of children to my gf? We've been together for about 2 years now. Financially stable. She's 25 and I'm 22. I want to have kids. I don't know if she does, but how do I bring it up? Would that likely scare her or put her off, or is it worth bringing up?
>>
You've been together for 2 years and you don't know how to talk to her?
>>
>>17583145
She's always been a bit more mature and nurturing to me, probably because of 3 year age difference. Of course I'm comfortable talking with her, but on this subject, I'd be scared bringing it up to anyone.
>>
Wait, so you've been together 2 years and there's never been any indication of whether or not she wants kids?
>>
>>17583164
We've joked about it before, but it was never something seriously considered. I don't know, is 2 years not along enough to decide to have kids, or is it well beyond that point, speaking generally?
>>
>>17583171
She should know whether or not she wants kids in general, as in with you or with anyone else.
>>
I would say you just lay your cards on the table with her one night. Cook a dinner, sit down and talk to her about it. Communication is the most important thing
>>
>>17583173
I know people don't always stay together just cause they have kids, but I want to have a family with her. She really is perfect, and would make an amazing mom. Can't think of anyone else I know I'd want to put my seed in.
>>
>>17583143
if you don't know her feelings about having children after two years of being together
how well do you know her?
even if you weren't seriously talking about the subject, you should at least have some idea of what she thinks about this
im 35 and have not kids - don't plan on having em
personally if i had wanted them, i would wait until i was about late 20s or even 30 to start
in the meantime, enjoy yourself, have fun, travel, do shit, fuck like minks, then when the time comes, if you want, have kids
i have watched too many of my family and friends have kids in their early 20s (some even as teens) and basically end their social and personal lives to sacrifice it for another individual, sometimes they love it, other times they hate it and all the time they wish they could have kids and a separate personal life at the same time - can't have it both ways, even you stay an individual or you become part of a family unit
>>
>>17583183
>Can't think of anyone else I know I'd want to put my seed in.
Okay, that's a fucking creepy way to say it. I still find it odd that she has never said anything about whether or not she wants to have kids in general.

And like the others have said, just talk to her about it. I honestly think you're both a little young to have kids, but maybe that's because I'm 24 and I can't imagine having kids for another 5 or so years. I'm also of the mindset that you should get married first if there's no reason not to.
>>
>>17583193
We both pretty much talk like that to each other, so it's really not that creepy.
>>
>>17583186
I mean, she's put up with me, been like a mom figure to me in some ways. I've seen her play with her cousins, brothers, my family. She seems like she would be good mom material, but I don't want to force it on her.
>>
>>17583143

KID

listen. Supposing your girlfriend is ACTUALLY 25 and your 22; shes gonna be looking to have kids in the near future pretty soon.

Do you not understand how a woman's uterus works? you just want to blow your load and knock her up. If you weren't mentally challenged you'd know that she'll probably want to start a family around 27-32; otherwise she'll shrivel up and fuck the baby up.

go talk to her and stop talking to /adv/.

if you ever manage to procreate, dont come to /adv/ for help with your baby

/thread
>>
>>17583206
>listen. Supposing your girlfriend is ACTUALLY 25 and your 22; shes gonna be looking to have kids in the near future pretty soon.

>Do you not understand how a woman's uterus works? you just want to blow your load and knock her up. If you weren't mentally challenged you'd know that she'll probably want to start a family around 27-32; otherwise she'll shrivel up and fuck the baby up.

What's going on here? Why did you capitalize actually? How do you figure she wants to start a family around 27-32? My girlfriend wanted kids at 23. Why do you assume she'll shrivel up and fuck the baby up?
>>
>>17583225

Great another clueless virgin who doesnt understand anatomy

Thats the cut-off point, she won't be able to give birth as safely; for her or the baby, if shes 38

he's got a few more years to talk to her about this. and why is he asking your retarded ass for /adv/ instead of the woman he wants children with?
>>
>>17583238
>Thats the cut-off point, she won't be able to give birth as safely; for her or the baby, if shes 38

Why do you assume she'll wait that long? You're making a lot of assumptions is my point. Hell, I know three women who had a child each at the age of 42, 43, and 42 respectively. This isn't the 60s, we have lots of therapy for women. Get off my dick. I agree he should have kids sooner rather than later simply because it'll be convenient career wise.

>and why is he asking your retarded ass for /adv/ instead of the woman he wants children with?

I agree that it's stupid that he isn't talking to his woman about it.
>>
>>17583350

Ok BUD, idk what i said that made you so mad, but the point i was making for OP was; you're fucking 22, shes 25, she KNOWS she's 25, she's gonna want to have kids within the next four years. Why would you not just wait for her to ask "...hey OP.... ....how do you feel about children... ;)" Why do you want kids when you are 22? what the fuck. Jesus I'm 25 and fortunately never knocked any sluts up. Would have fucking ruined my life if i had a kid when i was 20 or 22

HE'S FUCKING ASKING /ADV/ LOL

quit defending him
>>
>>17583374
I'm not asking you guys; I'm asking ADVICE. That's the point of this board, to see if other people have had the same or similar wants for advice. I'm almost 23 actually, and a lot of people my age seem to already be married and have 4 kids. I want just 1.
>>
Holy shit. Im 20 and still live like a 18 year old yet ur only 22 wanting kids. Im sad now...
>>
>>17583429
You've been given advice multiple times: fucking talk to her.
>>
I'm not a traditionalist in any way, but do you plan on marrying her? She may want to hear more of that before talking about children.
Personally, if my boyfriend tried to discuss having children with me seriously before having a serious discussion about our relationship and marriage then I'd find him immature. It's uncomfortable to think and talk about having kids with someone who isn't slightly more guaranteed to stick around.
>>
>>17583521
Going to ask her to marry me soon. Already have it all planned.
>>
>>17583528
Good! If you're comfortable enough to pop the question then you should be comfortable enough to ask if she wants kids.
I'd suggest doing that before getting engaged lol
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.