[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you trust a little boy or little girl about the desire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1460942665288.png (519KB, 526x435px) Image search: [Google]
1460942665288.png
519KB, 526x435px
How can you trust a little boy or little girl about the desire of transitioning with everything they are exposed to on television?
>>
It's a conspiracy, do not trust em.
>>
>>17582861
>transitioning
As in gender change?

Depending on how old the kid is, I'd refuse to fund any treatments, and not allow any permanent procedures.
If they want to cross dress and present themselves as the opposite sex, that's on them.

I have some first hand experience with this. I knew a girl who had always been a bit different, and in HS she was very androgynous.
Once she turned 18 and we graduated, she changed her name and began hormone therapy. Now he's doing pretty well, and is much happier.
>>
File: 1465862631415.png (985KB, 847x989px) Image search: [Google]
1465862631415.png
985KB, 847x989px
>>17582861

The same way you trust a child that says he wants to be an astronaut or a cowboy. Its not your responsibility to trust them.

Children cannot make the kinds of decisions as serious as permanent surgery until they reach an age where perspective can properly inform them. Even then, its all kind of a crap shoot but that goes for any serious adult decision, not just transitioning to a different gender.

If a child wants to make a change in their life you take it with a grain of salt, ensure that they aren't physically harming themselves or others and wait until they either phase out of it or stick with it through adulthood.

So long as they're not hurting themselves or others its not really your job to figure it out for them, its your job to support them while they figure it out on their own.

If I've learned anything from raising my own children its that no matter how ridiculous they act sometimes the only thing you'll accomplish by telling them who they are and aren't allowed to be is ensuring that when they turn 18 they'll leave home and never talk to you again.
>>
Their hormones aren't going to kick in properly until puberty, so the male/female distinction won't be especially strong to begin with. If they become visibly distressed by it at an age of reasonable maturity, consider getting them CBT with a sensible doctor. Hormone disruption and surgery are an absolute last resort and highly, highly unlikely to be necessary. It still provides no assurance of preventing distress, and potential suicide.

Remember, this is, however politically incorrect, a delusion; just as would be a white child thinking they were black, or a human thinking they were a horse. Treat it as one can only hope you would those; with a sensible dose of compassion and doubt.
>>
File: 1472433122637.png (48KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472433122637.png
48KB, 900x600px
You can't. You can't even trust an adult with that decision, since no sane person would want """sex change""" surgery. When my mother was a child, she wanted to be man and a truck driver, but she grew out of it.
>>
That's why gender therapists exists and why a vast majority of surgeons won't touch you until the surgeon approves it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.