[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend doesn't want to have children. I am 26, he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: alisonshalo.jpg (160KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
alisonshalo.jpg
160KB, 600x600px
My boyfriend doesn't want to have children. I am 26, he is 31. Is there any point trying to start a family with someone who is not keen on this idea?
>>
>>17578995
That is not going to work, is it?
>>
Nope. That's what we call in the business a 'relationship killer'. Should have had that conversation earlier though
>>
>>17578995
Having children with someone who doesn't want them is not going to end well.
>>
It depends on why he doesn't want to have children.
>>
>>17578995

No, there isn't, get someone else.
>>
Unless there's some other underlying issue, you're eventually going to end up as a single-mother, sorry.
>>
it's interesting, we had a thread yesterday about someone is the same position as you
>>
I know a couple who got married and then like a month after getting back from honeymoon decided to split because they'd never had the "starting a family" conversation, and when they did, they wanted different things.

You can waste years of your life on this. I'd find out the reasons, and see how open to the idea he might be.

But probably not going to end well. Sorry.
>>
If he wasn't 31 then maybe you'd have hope, but at that age you're probably too late to sway him. Nagging about it will just make things worse. If you've had a full and frank conversation and he didn't even concede there's a 1% chance or "maybe some day" then his mind seems made up.

I'm 25 and only just coming round to the idea, before I wasn't too bothered. I was swayed by coming to the understanding that the family unit is where a man can truly flourish and allow himself to enjoy life with purpose. To pass down your family line and continue the circle of life, it's our only base function after all. I've met parents and I get it, it's a sense of being that nothing else can replicate.
>>
>>17578995
>My boyfriend doesn't want to have children
with you.

Is there anything about your behavior that makes him doubt the idea of raising kids ? genetic disease ? mental problems ? (in hindsight this is unnecessary since you are here)
>>
>>17580071
>I know a couple who got married and then like a month after getting back from honeymoon decided to split because they'd never had the "starting a family" conversation,
how can people even get married without that conversation?
isn't this one of the first question when a relationship turns more serious?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.