[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I look more approachable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Recently people have started telling me I look sad/depressed/angry all the time.

I think this has been a thing for a long time now, but it has only started coming up after I changed jobs. Multiple people I work with have told me I look upset and ask me what's wrong.

How can I change this? I've tried smiling more, but it feels and looks so forced.
>>
>>17575285

Maybe you just have bitchy resting face and people think you angry or whatever.
>>
>>17575303
Is there any way to change that? I have shit social skills as it is, I don't need an extra barrier keeping people from wanting to talk to me before they find out how much of an idiot I am.
>>
Force yourself to be cognizant of the fact that you need to:

1.) Maintain eye contact
2.) Smile
3.) Over exaggerate all of your natural responses

Force yourself to do that.

Always.

Repeat this for 6 months-2 years.

it will become habit and you won't even notice it.

In high school anyone who knew me or talked to me thought I was super sweet, but anyone who didn't thought I was that super serious and intense as fuck kid that was unapproachable (and I've heard other people confirm this)

I remember I once unintentionally scared the crap out of an underclassmen because one day she just randomly walked up to me, got up the courage to ask me out to a dance, and being caught completely offgaurd my response was a very bemused, "Uhh.. Sorry... Do I know you?" and she instantly had a certain look in her eyes and fled away. That one made me feel kind of bad because I did not at all intend to hurt her feelings, I just had absolutely no idea who she was.

Last year of high school and through college I decided to change.

Even now I guess I still have a slight unapproachable air to me , but I'm now also seen as the type of person that can approach just about anyone anywhere, start a conversation, and is instantly seen as polite and incredibly friendly.

And that's also other people's assessments of me, not my own.

You can change anything you want to, just takes effort and willpower.
>>
>>17575285
Why do you want to be approachable?
>>
>>17575618
Thanks, that helps. I'm the same way you say you were. People have told me that they thought I would be mean, but once they spoke to me that I was an alright dude. I'll just push through it.
>>
>>17575285
try killing yourself
dead bodies are very approachable
>>
>>17576318
Wow epic dude
>>
I found the how can i be approachable comment helpful
>>
>>17575285

Dunno, bud. People often come up to me and tell me I look lost.

As long as you're not actually angsty or a prick, people will get used to your mannerisms and overcome their first impressions.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.