[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Is this a sign I should break up with my Boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: jared-leto.jpg (173KB, 1058x1586px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jared-leto.jpg
173KB, 1058x1586px
So like, we've been dating for two years now, I was aware from the jump he had some mild flare ups with his anger, but he manages to calm himself down.

But yesterday we had an intense argument, he just flips shit, snatches my phone from my hand and chucks it out into the parking lot below, walked into our room and shut the door.

Thankfully I have insurance so my phone being destroyed isn't that big of an issue, but just to seem him react like that was really scary, but very pathetic in the same light.

Should I just pack my shit and leave /adv/?
>>
Yeah, that's how it starts.
>>
Leave
>>
Leave. It was a phone this time, but one day it'll be your face. Being in a relationship w/ someone who is a constant threat of violence is a terrible way to live.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>17572879
Not saying op shouldn't leave but throwing something to the ground when youre mad isnt exactly violence
>>
>>17572898
violence: behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

i don't think you know what words mean. throwing shit around is violent behaviour.
>>
>>17572898
Throwing an expensive item that belongs to someone else is violent.

Then again, was the argument related to the phone or something on the phone? If so the situation takes on a different meaning slightly.
>>
>>17572800
He has no respect for you or your belongings. No matter how angry someone gets, they have no right to lay hands on you or your property.
>>
>>17572917
The definition still doesn't apply. He didn't throw it at her, nor did he threaten her.
>>
File: billburr.jpg (235KB, 970x761px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
billburr.jpg
235KB, 970x761px
I'm going to ask what the argument was about before I cast judgement
>>
I recently threw my mobile at my brothers face and it hurt him good
Is he at risk?
>>
>>17572800
>I was aware from the jump
Foolish girl, this is just the beginning
>>
>>17572930
>behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage or kill someone or something

>behaviour involving physical force intended to damage something

you don't understand how definitions work either, i guess.
>>
>>17572800
>Should I just pack my shit and leave /adv/?
kek he will kill you and your entire family
>>
>>17572942

I simply felt that he comes off as standoffish towards my friends to the point they've slowly began peeling back from hanging out with me, we still talk on fb, text but whenever we are all together, he has the tendency to make people feel intimidated, physically and intellectually, like he feels the need to one up everyone to prove how "alpha" he can be.

Am I being overly sensitive?
>>
>>17573043
no, get the fuck away from the guy. He is isolating you from everyone and in total control and you are falling right into a manipulative abusers trap. Leave while you can
>>
>>17573043
okay leave now
>>
>>17573043
Duces out of there homie
>>
>>17573043

leave

this sounds exactly how my current gfs ex bf was, and it wasn't long before he ended up using her ribs as a punching bag.

and on the plus side. he'll have to find a way pay for your portion of the rent.
>>
>>17573043

No. Your bf has a serious superiority complex (google it) and it can easily lead to more conflict and emotional (or even physical) abuse.
>>
anon, i hope you are taking everyone's responses here seriously. i can't speak for everyone else, but i am concerned for you, and i am not shitposting for the hell of it. i genuinely believe you should leave before it gets worse, he is extremely abusive.

take care OP
>>
>>17573125

I'm already making plans as we speak, emailing a close friend who lives in the city, who I know wouldn't mind putting up with me for few months.

>>17573096
>>17573079
>>17573050
>>17573057
>>17573066

Thank all of you for your concern, I appreciate it greatly.
>>
YIKES
>>
>>17573043
yeah that all points to a violent/abusive personality. break up with him while you can
>>
>>17572800
>together for 2 years
>first manifestation of violence
>leave him !!!! ralensfsdfd

Before you leave, if you trust him
Talk to him, know if he is aware that him being like that is an issue (The domineering, 'I'm better than all of you', thing) and that he just had a hard time dealing with it or if he really refuses to see it as a problem.
>>
>>17572800
Sounds like the beginning of violent tendencies and being unable to control his anger. Worst case scenario you could be on the receiving end of it one day. Just make sure to break up with him with some kind of solid wall between you because your well-being is the priority.
>>
OP I'm gonna tell you something.

I'm with my gf aroun 4 y now. I have some serious anger problems. When i get angry and not my way i get aggressive and throw shit arouns me as a crazy person.
Never in those 4 years have i touched her when i was angry or batshitcrazy angry. The thought of hiting her or hurting her is like a knife in the chest. And that prevents me to touch her when I'm angry. We had a lots of fight some were normal and some were insane. Like punching the tv kicking the living shit out of the wall insane. She gets scared everytime we fight so i got an solution i bought myself a punching bag and everytime we fight in beating the bag like an insane person, and the anger goes real quick over and she's desu the only one who can calm me down, she hugs me and kisses my forehead and tells me cute shit. So give it a try dont listen to these SJW's unless you want to do that and get the shole attention to yourself, than fine by me.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.