[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bummed the fuck out, guys, and I'm also pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: terrier-two-step-dog-dance.gif (976KB, 296x418px) Image search: [Google]
terrier-two-step-dog-dance.gif
976KB, 296x418px
I'm bummed the fuck out, guys, and I'm also pretty confused.

Met a girl the other day, swapped numbers, been texting her. She's a comp sci major, and we talked a lot about coding languages, tech, etc. and she seemed to be enjoying the conversation. I asked her to eat tomorrow, to which she said yes. Seemed like things were looking up.

Today, though, she hasn't texted me at all. Like once. All day. I'd already sent her two texts prior- one last night that she didn't respond to, and another in the morning, both went unanswered. I'm not about to text her again and seem really desperate. Maybe I already seem desperate from double texting.

It seemed like we were hitting it off, not sure why the sudden no contact.

What do I do if tomorrow rolls around and she still hasn't texted a word to me? Like how do I know if we're still on to eat?
>>
you sound a bit annoying/clingy
>>
>>17572063
Honestly, shes probably using you for validation. Do you want me to explain more?
>>
>>17572083
Sure.

>>17572073
It's possible I may have acted that way, yeah. The thing is, I'm normally not like that- but I hit off so well with her and was so excited to have met her, I may have been too much. Ugh.
>>
>>17572063
I'm going to dump our recent texts, maybe somebody will be able to pick on something I haven't been able to. Normally I'd just screenshot the most recent stuff but I don't really know what went wrong so I figure longer context makes most sense.
>>
>>17572112
>>
>>17572115
>>
>>17572119
>>
>>17572121
That's all there is.
>>
>>17572098
Girls in a comp. sci degree are a rare thing, an attractive girl in a Comp. Sci class is a fucking unicorn. Im willing to bet most of the males in the class fawn over her.

Girls have mutliple people that they stay in contact with just for validation, when theyre bored and the alpha theyre gunning for isnt giving them enough attention or any at all. These are the same guys which are the "nice guys" the "friendzone guys". Once she puts you in the box as a beta who will grant her validation when she wants to it will be near impossible to get out.

Be honest dude, how attractive are you? How are you different from the next guy in your class?

The thing is, girls dont like straight talk, to them its boring, they want feels. They live their lives though emotion, talking about schools is straight talk, its as boring as small talk to them it drys them up.

You need to be a fun presence around her, tease her, joke with her, treat her like the little sister you never had.

You also need to show that youre not that invested in her. Texting her constantly shows shes the only option youve got and thats unattractive to her.

Texting is also weak, its to easy to go wrong and its there in stone (text logs) forever. If you like her, talk to her in class like I said, game her in class, be fun, be light and be friends with everyone around you but dont talk that much nerdy shit either,this is showing your social value to her, then all you have to do is ask her to go to coffee sometime. When you ask say it like this "Lets get coffee sometime, how about (Set date, Set time, and Set meeting point) If she blows you off and doesnt ask to set it up another time, shes not interest bro, move on.

Also, if youre doing Comp. Science fucking lift bro. Girls assossiate computer science with men who can pay for shit and general nerds, which theyre not wrong about. By lifting your breaking the stereotype, it also has a ton of ther benefits as well.

Do you need more advice?
>>
>>17572169
I do appreciate this advice, and texting dryly is something I really have to work on- however, I'm not in comp sci, I do lift, and I think I'm decently attractive. Like a 7. I also didn't meet this girl in class or in a "comp sci" environment, I met her at a bus stop.

She could easily be fucking around, I suppose, but reading the text logs I posted, she seemed to be interested/having a good time..
>>
>>17572112
>>17572115
>>17572119
>>17572121
>>17572124
these arnt bad
>>
>>17572182
Sorry man, only just read the actual texts.

You're escalating towards a date which is good.

If you're a 7 who lifts you're miles ahead of the losers in her CompSci classes.

My general advice, text her when she texts you, or text her if something funny happens etc. But NEVER text just to have a conversation with her. Every text you're asking a question, it looks like shes putting in very little investment. You've invited her on a date, you can talk there. That shit about growing up on a zoo would have been an interesting convo piece, if it was said in person. Whenever you want to chat, aim for a date and see where the night takes you.

She sounds like a girl tech nerd, most of them are awkward and have social issues such as social anxiety, well at least from experience they do. But that's fine if you are fine with it.

Good luck bro!
>>
>>17572283
One question- what do I do if tomorrow rolls around, and I still have heard nothing from her?
>>
>>17572305
How much do you want this girl? Might sound pretty clique but girls are all the fucking same more or less, aside from the crazy's.

Option 1: Dont text, see if she hits you up first or arrives at the agreed time (I think you said she was driving, get ready, do your thing). If she shows or makes contact your good homie.

If you get nothing that's a sign of disrespect you shouldn't take, talk to other girls.

If she texts later after the agreed time apologizing for not showing she better have a good excuse, cause that bitch just wasted your time. If this happens talk to other girls ignore her texts.

Option 2: She might interpret it as clingy or you feeling insecure about the situation, but honestly its probably your best bet, simply ask her "We still on for eddies at 2?" a few hours before.
>>
>>17572356
I was really taken with her- I wouldn't be so worried if I didn't really like her. I guess around 2 tomorrow if I still haven't heard anything, I'll text her. Worst case scenario, I'm clingy, but it's not like there's gonna be any more developments if she ignores me- so either she ignores me and I dont see her and never see her again, or I ask and she ignores me and I never see her again, or she says "yeah lets do it"
>>
>>17572413
You both agreed a time and place. If she has any respect and/or interest for you she will show up. I wouldn't text at 2, she might have forgotten and texting at 2 leaves no time to get ready. Text at 12 asking if your still on for lunch.
>>
>>17572441
We didn't actually set a time, just the day. I figured we'd set that later
>>
>>17572454
In that case just hit her up at like 11 asking if youre still on for lunch
>>
>>17572112
>coding
>apple
>>
>>17572515
Alright, I'll give this a shot.
>>
>>17572063
A pointer, don't just talk about computers all the time. Have fun with her and make jokes, ask questions. Get to know things that are new about her
>>
>>17572906
I'm a pretty bad texter, I'm better at this stuff IRL.

I guess if I don't hear anything from her I'll have to ask her if we're still on. I can't imagine we are at this point.
>>
>>17572577
Lel
>>
>>17572975
Keep us updated, I want to see how this plays out
>>
>>17573992
I'm gonna text her at 11 if I get no response, although it doesn't look good does it?
>>
what time is it now op?
>>
>>17574081
For me right now it's 9:37 AM
>>
>>17572063
I would say don't message her again. If she's busy she'll see your current messages and respond later. If you send another one you're in creepy needy territory.
>>
Arrangement was made, you need to send that text @ 11
>>
I think OP is showing way too much interest and investment in his texts compared to her. It feels like you're trying too hard. Seek more balance. For example, when you were trying to arrange the date spot, you were bending a lot to her. You're not together yet, so I also think the offer to pay might have been showing too much commitment (even if she doesn't have a meal plan since you could have just as easily tried to work around it), but that's a personal preference.

Basically don't try so hard and don't get ahead of yourself. Just have fun with her.
>>
>>17574128
I mean at this point it's either creepy/nerdy or nothing- seems to me like she's not texting me, so I'm an hour I'm just gonna send that last text.

It's not like I'm ever gonna see her again if she straight up ignores me, so I figure taking the chance is worth it. >>17574147
Yeah I was over invested. And I wasn't really thinking. We seemed to hit it off so well that I got over excited.
>>
File: IMG_0951.png (115KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0951.png
115KB, 640x1136px
>>17572063
epic baka
>>
>>17574307
Ask her what day she thinks she'll be free, if she cancels again, abort.
>>
>>17572063
Someday someone is going to invent a handheld gadget that looks something like a texter but that you can actually talk to people through, using your voice and words and like that. And then you won't have this problem.
>>
>>17574316
What are you, 40? It's super weird if you call someone before you know them well.
>>
>>17572169
>Girls in a comp. sci degree are a rare thing, an attractive girl in a Comp. Sci class is a fucking unicorn

I haven't met a single doable female undergrad in math or CS department perhaps because my uni is ranked too high, things might look up a little bit in biochem and there are actually some foreign qts doing either internship or postdoc in the nearby research institutes but they are above 22 and most have bf.
I suggest go to other non STEM department to look for first year chicks
>>
Whelp, no response to me asking "sure when works for you?" So I think that's a wrap. Real shame, if people aren't interested why don't they just say so??
>>
>>17574455
>women
>>
>>17574455
That's fucking odd
>>
>>17574455
Dont get stuck bummed out over one girl, move on to the next best thing.

When walking around campus if you see a cute girl ask her for her number and tell her you're both going to get coffee sometime.
>>
File: angry frog.jpg (41KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
angry frog.jpg
41KB, 467x453px
>>17574455
all women are whores
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.