[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I worry I may of dedicated my entire life to something I may

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5156973.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5156973.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
I worry I may of dedicated my entire life to something I may not even enjoy that much.

Since I was young I always thought I wanted to be a programmer. In highschool I thought my programming classes were really fun and went to college for it.

I'm in my third semester now and I just feel so unmotivated to do any of my schoolwork. I feel like I have to force myself to do it all and it kinda feels like a chore

The issue is, if I don't follow through with this I really have nothing else. This is kinda something I built my whole life around. I actually can't think of anything else I would actually like to pursue.

This is fucked guys
>>
Buuummmp
>>
Not sure what advice you are seeking. You gave a narrative but didn't ask anything.
>>
>>17572156
Just how I should be handling this situation I guess
>>
i did the same thing. im out of college now, worked in the field i studied for a couple years, then after a combo of not being able to get enough work and feeling extremely disenchanted i said fuck it. i havent quit doing what i was doing before, i still do it in my free time on my own terms. but for work i drive trucks now.

idk if you would use the passionate to describe how you felt about programming, but i think the problem with going into a field youre passionate about is that turning it into work can make it really suck. its not something you get to do anymore, its something you have to do.

but its not the end of the world, everything is fine. there are lots of ways to make money.
>>
>>17572293
Tbh I could just be a lazy fuck
>>
>>17571764

>I feel like I have to force myself to do it all and it kinda feels like a chore

You mean it feels like work? That's what you're training yourself for. You're developing a very marketable skill, I guess you're saying you have some kind of talent for it, so I think you should stick with it at least long enough to finish your degree.

There's no job in the world that's going to be pure enjoyment all the time. Work feels like work, most of the time. But you'll hate this a lot less than manual labor, or retail, or anything like that
>>
>>17571764
I think, that you need a vacation(1-2 weeks). For me it looks like you are on the edge of burning out. So if you can, make a pause, do it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.