[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rejecting a friend without affecting your friendship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1473803047465.png (349KB, 442x319px) Image search: [Google]
1473803047465.png
349KB, 442x319px
One of my best friends from years back is showing clear signs of crushing on me. I do tend to vent to him about my boyfriend but thats kinda what we did cause he had a girlfriend. They only broke up because she left overseas and he wasnt gonna quit studying.

He has gotten a bit more agressive in the sense that he repeats a lot to leave my boyfriend. Ive said that even if i dumped him i wasnt gonna date another guy (in case he was expecting that if it did happen i would just run to his arms). How can I let him know it is never gonna happen between us without affecting our relationship as good friends?
>>
What clear signs are those OP? From that conversation it kinda seems like he's just worried about you and he thinks you're in an abusive relationship.
>>
>>17570921
I thought so too at first.

But then he constantly tells me how cute he thinks i am. Calls me baby. When i say something i do he would always comment how he wouldn't mind that in a partner. Conversations sometimes go awkward cause he starts to talk like this. He even asks if i would mind a fat guy (he is fat). All this sorta started after he left his girlfriend also.
>>
>>17570942
Calling someone "baby" outside of a relationship is kinda corny, but that's just me.
Yeah I'd say he's into you.
Just be blunt about it, tell him what you think is up, tell him you're not interested in him but you want to remain friends. If he's up for it, then okay, if he's not, well too bad. Sucks but it's the way to go.
>>
>>17570878
at least you know you caused the animosity he has toward your bf so you cannot blame him for that. Stop bitching about your bf to him and stop hanging out so much and let this cool off. Trying to talk around it and deflect won't work now. You've used his friendship for a dumping ground for your bad choice in a bf. I question what you believe you bring to the friendship cause it doesn't appear to be much.
>>
He sounds slimy 2bh. Calling you baby and shit when you're in a relationship isn't respectful and being purposefully meddling for his own sake. Doesn't seem much like a friend, sounds like a beta orbiter
>>
>>17570984
I don't know. We sorta just shared eachothers experiences and vented about our relationships at times. We always did and nothing ever happened. He only started with the comments after his girlfriend left. Maybe he's feeling alone at the moment and thinks he likes me?

Should i stop talking to him? I really enjoy our friendship and his company. It would really bum me if it would end.
>>
>>17571054
>Maybe he's feeling alone at the moment and thinks he likes me?
lol this never happens
why women still think this is a thing i don't know
he knows what he's doing and he's still doing it
i'd say you should stop talking to him or at least explain to him first and then stop talking to him
>>
>>17570878
>How can I let him know it is never gonna happen between us without affecting our relationship as good friends?

You can't.
>>
>>17570878
It's over. I don't know why some women think you can be good friends with someone of he opposite sex and have neither party develop feelings. That is an extremely rare circumstance and never lasts forever.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because of the circumstances were when you used him as a dumping ground for complaining but that's over now.

You either return feelings for him or cut it off. There is no repairing this this far into it.
>>
I've dealt with these kinds of guys. Remarks like the one you made on his dumping comments aren't going to get through to him. You need to be upfront about this. Tell him that calling you 'baby' and all these other comments give you the impression that he is trying to flirt with you and that it makes you feel uncomfortable because he's your friend and you absolutely do not have any romantic interest in him.

Guys like him are beta af so chances are he'll get defensive and say he wasn't trying to flirt with you. Don't correct him, just go with it and repeat that it still makes you uncomfortable and that you'd like him to stop acting like that.

This is all you can do to try and salvage your friendship. Whether you can remain friends will depend on him from that point onward. Maybe your conversation will have knocked some sense into him if he truly values your friendship. But honestly, it's more likely he'll start doing this shit again after some time has passed. In that case it's best to completely cut ties with him. No use in having a friend who is only interested in courting you. The constant flirting will ruin your conversations anyway.
>>
>>17571156
This 100x

He doesn't actually sound like a good friend in the first place. Had a "friend" like this and the more he tried to flirt with me and ignored my trying to shut him down, the more I came around to realize he wasn't even really my friend in the first place.

Is he the type of guy who sulks at parties when he's not the center of attention, so that people will ask him what's wrong and make him feel wanted? Is he the type who has a life-changing revelation every week, only to never change and remain a miserable sack because he's afraid of becoming a better person instead of an emotional leech? Does he immerse himself in other peoples' hobbies and interests, and for the life of you you can't come up with something that he does for himself?

Analyze what makes him your friend instead of just a person who was okay with you venting at him, OP.
>>
>>17571156
Thanks anon. Will do this. I just feel bad to come up with the convo out of nowhere. I'll just tell him as soon as he comments something weird again to prove my point at the moment which will be soon. I've had this happen before but the guys are pretty upfront about it so I just tell them "no" and we keep being friends like before. This case is a bit harder for me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.