[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High IQ and shitty school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1449921184064.jpg (46KB, 548x690px) Image search: [Google]
1449921184064.jpg
46KB, 548x690px
Five years ago i got tested and the test showed that I supossedly have and IQ of 150.
The thing is that I don't see myself as someone smart, yet I really feel isolated from everyone and really really unmotivated, I feel like if i'm not made for this society in wich dumb people succed and smart ones fail everything. Anyone feels the same? If so, what did you do in order to not feel so shitty about yourself?
>>
That's how being smart is supposed to feel. You just accept what other people are telling you and do what you want because you're above them all.
>>
>>17569817
IQ tests aren't really a great display of intelligence they're actually really outdated. Go see how far you can make it in math with it still being ez
>>
>>17568246
> As a kid we had general standardized tests, and subject specific standardized tests, we knew these were coming and could study for them.
>as a kid
Of course everyone can prepare for them, that's why it measures your true ability when even with preparation you cannot score perfectly on these tests. And those hundreds kids scoring perfectly are in the 99.95 percentile.

>I would even argue the opposite, why do standardized tests matter?
Because of the reason I mentioned. Look it up.

>I scored in the 96 or 98th percentile on most of my standards, I remember my parents being all excited about it. But nothing came of it

Did you score in the 98th percentile of SAT ? or just some test you took when you were in 5th grade ? those are different. You can't expect a special treatment because you did well on a 10 y/o's test when you were 10. Your parents shouldn't have been excited unless you score in top 100 USAMO at 10 or sth equivalent

>why do you think school tests don't matter?
You said your school is bad, those tests are too easy.

> A student just going with the flow sitting in geometry like everybody else, but could be in calc 2+ Taking college level math classes in 9th grade would put him at a massive advantage.

Kids take APs all the time, nothing is preventing him from signing up for those classes, online or not, nothing is preventing him from reading books (spivak, rudin. etc.), which is worth more than typical AP courses anyway. But those are necessary and not sufficient conditions to be treated in a special way.

>But no one would know because on paper he just looks like a good student.

everyone would know if he takes SAT, meant for his seniors, and score perfect on his school tests. Almost like you must satisfy actual requirements for college courses before taking them, not how "easy" you find your current class is, shocker! here lies the ego problem of most people who thought they are gifted by some test they took when they were 10.
>>
If you are so smart, why are you posting this same thread again?
>>
File: 1460182128226.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460182128226.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>17569882
>could be in calc 2+ Taking college level math classes in 9th grade would put him at a massive advantage

These are the kids that find their current class boring and easy and at the same time wouldn't be able to follow any advanced class, when their idea of difficult material is calculus instead of geometry. I guess most "smart" underachieving kids fit this description.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.