[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm falling out of touch with my best friend. Him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1396396796123.jpg (21KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1396396796123.jpg
21KB, 239x258px
I think I'm falling out of touch with my best friend.

Him and I are like brothers. Life was literally a competition between us growing up and we said/did nasty things to each other at times. I thought we grew past it in high school (his lowest point) but now after college (his highest point) he brags and puts me down at times. It's sad because while he was at his low (knocked a girl up at 17 but she left with the baby cuz he was a druggie) I supported him and never pulled the "hurr i'm doing better then u" card like we used to when we were kids. But now that he has a good job and is making more $$ than me he says shit like "hurr i'm doing better then u." It fucking sucks, and it makes it hard for me to appreciate any of his successes.

I live with him now but I'm considering moving out and distancing myself from him because I don't want friends who shit on me all the time. He mocks me for playing vidya (he's always doing something productive), mocks me for staying in on the weekends (he's always going out), and mocks my lack of a love-life. If he was trying to motivate me that's one thing but it always seems like he's just trying to one-up me.

I've known him for most of my life and our social group is my only one so I'm considering just moving away to a different state or something for a while I don't feel like I have a good friend.
>>
The problem is really with you, senpai. I know it's hard to accept, but it really is.
>>
>>17569753
This is the only advice /adv/ gives.

I dunno what else I was expecting.

Kys.
>>
Hard call. I had a similar thing where my friends and I just stopped getting along after we all moved in together. The jokes at my expense got really bad, to the point I became the joke for any company they'd bring over. I've always been pretty self deprecating with my humour, but they took it to further levels and more and more often to the point I told them to tone it down because it was getting pretty cruel and brutal. They didn't, so I left and cut all ties with them. I was pretty relieved to be rid of them and that environment, but even now I think back fondly at some of the times we had.

I guess it all depends on what you're willing to live with
>>
>>17569757
Yeah, I'm the butt of the jokes too. They can be really embarrassing but I dunno how to react besides laughing it off...

Did they ever try to reach out to you or ask why you left?
>>
>>17569766

Not really. They ended up all falling apart too, so I guess without me being there as their focus, they turned on eachother. I went to visit a couple years later, and two who were literally best friends since 5 years old were no longer on speaking terms, and the other just up and left to do his own thing. After that one visit, I was pretty content with my choices and really didn't feel compelled to see any of them again. For whatever reason, that's just how things turned out
>>
>>17569779
Did you have other social groups to fall back on or did you have to start from scratch?
>>
>>17569784

No, that was probably the hardest part about it. I moved around as a kid and didn't make a lot of permanent groups of friends, just sort of acquaintances here and there. After I dropped them all, I was pretty much on my own, moved back in with my parents and focused on getting more money and an education. I can look back and laugh at a lot of the things we did, and even the jokes off me without any bitterness, but that relationship basically played its course and I was better for it.
>>
>>17569793
So where are you now? How did you make new friends?
>>
That's rough anon.
It doesn't hurt to examine the possibilities of moving away.
I did and it really helped get my life in order. I have a better job and lots of awesome acquaintances but no super close friends like I had growing up. It's been positive for me to get away from them though because they were kind of weighing me down, which I see now looking back.
It's not ok for them to treat you like that, either. There's nothing wrong with not getting out all the time. Obviously you should probably get out sometimes but it's ok to enjoy being at home too. People are different and it's kinda weird that he seems to be trying to punk you out to get you to conform to his idea of fun.
>>
>>17569831
I've always had this close social circle so it's hard for me to image life without it. But yeah I'm getting sick of the put-downs.

How do you cope without any close friends? Are you just independent and fine with being alone most of the time?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.